Baptism??? and Islam

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaam Alaikum brothers and sisters,
I don't even know where to begin...except that i'm having some problems. First i want to share something i just discovered, when i joined tti on 11/14 about 7 years ago on exactly that date something terrible had happened to me and i am just thankful Allah has guided me. Allahu Akbar.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me with this....before i became muslim, masha'Allah, i was married and had a son, now my sons father is catholic, not practicing but thats his title anyway. It's a big deal in his religion to baptize the children young so they are of that religion. Does anyone know what i can do or what the rulings are on this???? Allah knows best. I have taught my son many things about Islam, he's only 3, but he says bismillah before eating and sleeping and he knows Allah is the Creator of all. And he eats with his right hand, as much as i can teach he will learn. HELP PLEASE. Insha'Allah my son will be guided.

:tti_sister:

Dawoodi

salam walaikum w

salam walaikum w

My Dear sister in Islam, Alhamdulillah you have find the truth!

i'm glad you are teaching your son Islam as this is the correct way, and u must stick frm in this as is your duty as mother to teach what is rigth and correct to your son.

you know what is the truth why would u alaw your husband to baptise your son if you know this isnt rigth? more over teach catholicicim with is a politeistec way?

insha'allah be strong sister and Allah will protect u and u son.

also u can have a chance of give dawah to your ex maybe you can give him something to read insha'allah. if u have the chance give him a book calll jesus prophet of islam insha'allah maybe can touch his heart and bringhim to Islam.

salam w

faiz_fauzi

Assalamulaikum!

sister?
dont stop teaching ur son.Tell him everything bout islam.Do what u can do.Be a good example because good example is the greatest da'wah.Pray hard and make dua a lot coz He is the most hearing and the most knowing.

InsyaALLAH!

:salam2: I am not sure what is the law in USA about if the father wants to baptize and the mother does not. Cause we have to see what the law is in the country.But since i think you have the custody of the child you have the full responsibility of the child and so can make him pratice your religion.

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
Thanks for your advice. We have shared custody, meaning i have my son half a week then he takes him the other half. I work full time, live on my own and pay rent. I can't afford daycare so this works out best for me. I have a mother close by but i'm trying my best not to let my son go near her. She's not a good influence. My ex-husband is also an unbeliever but he doesn't ever talk about religion to my son only i do. I just told him today that he can't baptize him till he's older because i'm not christian. He says "what are you?" I said "Muslim", then he said "my son will not be a muslim." I said "you don't even know what it is." He's spanish so he really doesn't understand much. Language barrier and ignorance. Insha'Allah he will not resist me on this matter.

maisha_d

i pray that allah makes everything easy for you, perhaps while your son is growing up you can put special emphasis on the importance of seeking islamic knowledge that way if he ever becomes curious about his fathers religion he will always know what is wrong and what is right...May Allah 'Azza Wa Jal make your son of those that are beloved to Allah..
:wasalam:

faiz_fauzi

Assalamualaikum!

May ALLAH guide u and help u sis!

Be strong.All of us here will make dua for u!

Allah knows best!

Praise2Allah

Sister Hannah, Salam Alaikom Wa rahmat Allahi wa barakatohoh. I dont know what to tell you other then what the brothers have said. But maybe you can also revert your ex? From what you said it seems he isnt interested in Islam but if he brings the topic up again try saying something that would grab his attention about Islam. FOr example if what he cares about most is science, tell him about the scientific miracles in the Quran. If he cares about ethics, tell him about Islamic ethics and how ethics are important in Islam. If he wants your son to have a good future tell him how important seeking knowledge is in Islam and so on. Hope I helped. And Allah knows best. But for know, what you're doing is good, make your son inshAllah have a Muslim mentality, one God, etc, so when he grows up inshALlah he'll becme a Muslim easily and already have knowledge abut the religion.

Ayep

:wasalam: sister
Thanks for your advice. We have shared custody, meaning i have my son half a week then he takes him the other half. I work full time, live on my own and pay rent. I can't afford daycare so this works out best for me. I have a mother close by but i'm trying my best not to let my son go near her. She's not a good influence. My ex-husband is also an unbeliever but he doesn't ever talk about religion to my son only i do. I just told him today that he can't baptize him till he's older because i'm not christian. He says "what are you?" I said "Muslim", then he said "my son will not be a muslim." I said "you don't even know what it is." He's spanish so he really doesn't understand much. Language barrier and ignorance. Insha'Allah he will not resist me on this matter.

Just a simple suggestion for you. Expose your son to Islam totally. Bring him to meet fellow Muslims, send him for Islamic classes and teach him about things which are forbidden in Islam. If you do this with prayer supplications insya Allah, Allah will protect your son and you from bad influences. There is always hope for your ex- husband to come to Islam. Perhaps your son is the link to change him. Kids can questions can really make an adult think really hard to find an answer.

Sometimes things which are out of our hands is better left to Allah.

Allah knows best

albinsaid09

:wasalam: sister

Just a simple suggestion for you. Expose your son to Islam totally. Bring him to meet fellow Muslims, send him for Islamic classes and teach him about things which are forbidden in Islam. If you do this with prayer supplications insya Allah, Allah will protect your son and you from bad influences. There is always hope for your ex- husband to come to Islam. Perhaps your son is the link to change him. Kids can questions can really make an adult think really hard to find an answer.

Sometimes things which are out of our hands is better left to Allah.

Allah knows best

I agree with what Ayep said. In addition, kids are very fast learners. They imitate the parents. So what you are doing now is very commendable. Inshallah, everything will be going as what you wanted and be strong. You have Allah on your side, inshallah. Be strong....

Hannah123

One Truth
When my son is with me his life is like mine. It evolves around Islam. Today we went to a muslim store in Philadelphia. I bought my first hijab, a prayer rug, and a cd for him. He always imitates me praying. And he sings the kids songs, like A is for Allah. I do my best with the time i have, Masha'Allah. I don't know many muslims though and i don't have money to send him to Islamic school, which I ofcourse would love to do. Insha'Allah he will embrace Islam easier as he gets older. My ex isn't really interested in anything, he works, watches tv and sleeps. Our marriage was rough, Allah knows best. Thanks once again for your advice.

allaho_rebbey

al salamo alaekom hanna my sister in islam

my sister you are doing a very good job raising your kid on the way of islam and allah will give you ajore in shaa allah, any way my sister i tell you the same thing my brothers and sister told you, but i would like to add one more thing, rigarding your 3 years old son and the day care , i know in the usa and i dont what part of it you are now , but there is always in each mousq or close to it a day care and a school for muslims kids i know it coast some money but iam sure if you explain you case to shakh they would be able to help you and get your son in the school for free, and you dont have to warry who is going to wach him or how much money you going to pay...i hope this will solve some part of you problem..al slamo alaykom.

jamila

you are not alone , i have the same situation , i got divorse 2 years ago ,i comvert to islam 6 months ago , i have a son 9 years old , and i have the same problem ,whith the diference that my ex want mi son to do his first comunion, and I dont wanted ,:muslim_child: :muslim_child: im am going to teach my kid everithing abaut islam , he allready knows that theres only god and nothing els,even one time my son told my husband: do you think that jesus is god , and he told him yes then my son told him my mom said that jesus was a profet and she said that we can pray to god only nothing els,he got mad and he told him dont lisen to your mom she is going to make you crasy , but mi son belive and Allah and when he goes to his house and they are praying they push him to do it and he said he only is going to pray to god not to saints. so my advise for you is teach as much you can abaut islam, but tell him abaut his father religion to so is going to know the diferense and when his father tell him something wrong he is going to have an answer for him and Inshallah he will love allah as much is you , tell your ex husband to abaut your religion and how your son will be better in islam and give him some information in spanish there's a lot of web sites in spanish abaut islam ..(im spanic to ) Allah knows best...

Hannah123

One Truth
Thanks Jamila, I guess i just have to keep teaching my son everything about Islam. Insha'Allah he will believe. Thanks for your story. Masha'Allah your son knows the truth enough to speak it. My son is still too young to speak the truth to his father, but Insha'Allah it will come with time. Allah knows best. I will probably not know if his father baptizes him because he goes to his home 3 or 4 nights a week and if he does the baptism i won't know of it. Allah is the Forgiver, the Merciful, He knows all. thanks again. May Allah guide your son even more. You are all in my prayers.