Beard Rules

uk_brother786

:salam2:

I have grown my beard.

What is the rule of beard is allowed shaved?
Moustache, what about neck or cheek?

I have already to ask Mullah but he doesnt want to me shave!!! i just told him i want to if its halaal but he is still refused.
so my brother or sister in islam....dont ingore me or refused, its my beard, not urs! lol!!!

:wasalam:

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
The importance of the beard

Importance of the Beard in the words of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam):

(1) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection with one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication."
- Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(2) The teachings of Hadhrat Ammar Bin Yaasir, Abdullah Ibn Umar, Sayyidina Umar, Abu Hurairah and Jaabir (R.A.), indicate that ALL used to keep beards that were one fist length or more. Hadhrat Jaabir (R.A.) had said: "We used to grow long beards and only during Hajj and Umrah did we trim them to the required length (i.e. fist length)."

(3) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) relates that: "He who imitates the kuffar (non-believers) and dies in that state, he will be raised up with them on the Day of Qiyamat (Judgement)."

(4) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) says: "Trim closely the moustache, and let the beard flow (Grow)."
- Narrated Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 498

(5) "Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) ordered us to trim the moustache closely and spare the beard" says Ibn Umar.
- Muslim, Hadith no. 449

(6) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam)said: "Act against contrary to the polythesists, trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Ibn Umar (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 500

(7) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said "Trim closely the moustache and grow the beard."
- Reported by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

(8) Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) said: "Anyone who shaves has no claim to the mercy of Allah"
- Reported by Ibn Abbas (R.A.) in Tibrabi

(9) Hadhrat Abdullah Ibn Umar (R.A.) used to cut that portion (which exceeds the grip of the hand) of the beard.
- Tirmidhi

Commentary by Islam.tc

Muslims are overcome with western influence in their lives and it's easy to forget, nay, neglect the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). Little do these Muslims realize the magnitude of their actions in imitating Kufaar (see Hadith section). This is a truly shocking! Hopefully the information presented herein will enlighten those. And then there are others who claim that the matters concerning beards is a "little" issue not worthy of mention nor practice. To them I say get off the denial bandwagon, you're a Muslim! Follow the Prophet (Peace be upon him) in all aspects of life, for he was the best of examples. I couldn't tell you how many times I've mistaken a Muslim brother (outside of the Masjid) for a kaafir on account of his clean-shaven, well oiled, face. How can I say "Assalaamu Alaikum Brother!" when I do not know if he is a Muslim. Yet that very brother then wonders why he was ignored! Sure, he can tell if others are Muslim on account of their beard, but what about himself? From one brother to another, I say: "Grow a beard, then, since it also promotes Brotherhood in the real world. Stand with your Brothers, be one. We know you think you are handsome without it (a beard), but who cares? What matters is how Allah (S.W.T.) sees you. And when you do grow a beard, don't mock the Sunnah, please grow it correctly, i.e. FIST LENGTH. That is the prescribed length and no shorter (see Hadeeth section)..." Peace.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalmu Alaykum
JazakAllahu Khair Abdul-Raheem Ali. But, when the Prophet :)saw:) says "trim closely the moustache to the mouth", does that mean to completely shave the moustache, buzz it so that noticable fuzz is left on (I.E. it feels fuzzy but is nowhere near the length of the beard), or does it mean to literally shave the moustache where it meets the mouth? JazakAllahu Khair.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Assalmu Alaykum
JazakAllahu Khair Abdul-Raheem Ali. But, when the Prophet :)saw:) says "trim closely the moustache to the mouth", does that mean to completely shave the moustache, buzz it so that noticable fuzz is left on (I.E. it feels fuzzy but is nowhere near the length of the beard), or does it mean to literally shave the moustache where it meets the mouth? JazakAllahu Khair.

:salam2:

I know for sure it doesn't mean completely shaving it off. I think It means trimming it so it isn't too bushy. As for 'trim closely the moustache to the mouth'. I'm not really sure about it.

uk_brother786

:salam2: Abdul-Raheem Ali

i already know that, i am asking is which part beard i'm allowed to shave , ofcourse mouchaste but wat about cheek? neck?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2: Abdul-Raheem Ali

i already know that, i am asking is which part beard i'm allowed to shave , ofcourse mouchaste but wat about cheek? neck?

Assalmu Alaykum.

From Islam QA:

Islam QA said:
Question:
Some men have hair growing on their cheeks. Is it permitted to shave it or not?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The hair on the cheeks is included in the ruling on the beard. It is not permitted to remove it or shave it or cut it, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow: be different from the mushrikeen.” Among those who have stated that the hair on the cheeks is part of the beard are the authors of al-Qaamoos and al-Lisaan [famous Arabic dictionaries].

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

Trim moustache, should let beard grow.. as for the neck you can shave this hair. I have asked scholars and they said this is not part of the beard.

One must look after their beard. Not keep it unkempt. This is not Islamic way.

The Prophet :saw: would comb and would trim the beard to fist length.

Wasalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalmu Alaykum
JazakAllahu Khair, Brother Mabsoot. And yes, I know it's pathetic to look on wikipedia :D

However, do I have to trim the moustache right now as I'm just beginning to grow it (with noticable hair)?