Beard

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

im really confused about the beard! so many people i see in the masjid thier beard are trimmed even the imam beard is also less then the fist length!

IM REALLY CONFUSED:confused:

can anybody give me the more infomation on it

JAZAKALLAH KHAIR

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatahu

Hope this helps you brother insha-Allah...

Beard:-According to Quran and Sunnah

Hadith - Bukhari 7:781, Narrated Ibn 'Umar (ra)

Allah's Apostle :saw: said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated AbuHurayrah (ra)

The Messenger of Allah :saw: said: Trim closely the moustache, and grow beard, and thus act against the fire-worshippers.

Hadith - Bukhari 9:651, Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri

The Prophet :saw: said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible)." The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards)." (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Hadith - Muwatta 51.7

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam that Ata ibn Yasar told him that the Messenger of Allah :saw: was in the mosque when a man came in with dishevelled hair and beard. The Messenger of Allah :saw: motioned with his hand that he should be sent out to groom his hair and beard. The man did so and then returned. The Messenger of Allah :saw: said, "Isn't this better than that one of you should come with his head dishevelled, as if he were a shaytan?"

wasalam

qasmani

Dear Brother and sister,

as per my information, Beard is WAJIB. and Every muslim brother should have Beard.

Further to this, nothing remains.

ALLAH HAFIZ

ansari

STRANGER...
what about the length ??? i see many people with trimmed beards. can u tell me what is the correct length and what is the fist length

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
Scholars agree that fist length is the required length (though some say that it shouldn't be trimmed no matter what). Fist length is if you take your beard in your fist, it'll reach the bottom of the fist.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah

Brother, what it means is that if you grab your beard with your fist (and thumb under your chin), the hair should come just bearly out of your hand. For most men, this would be about 6 - 8 cm. I believe that the Prophet PBUH meant for us to use scissors on any beard-hair that comes out of your fist... that way we have a nice, even length of beard all across our face and we're easily able to trim it to the proper length: Simply do the "fist test". =)

As for the men that habitually trim their beards (while knowing better) to look "handsome" or whatever... they're in trouble. I've seen many different haddiths that all indicate that these Muslims aren't properly practicing their religion; that the disgrace will be severe.

:wasalam:

umm hussain

If there are some brothers who dont have a beard dont assume they shave it off unless you know for sure because there are some brothers beards which dont grow at all, I know a few examples and some brothers especially black brothers their beards dont grow as long as the Asian or white brothers

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
If there are some brothers who dont have a beard dont assume they shave it off unless you know for sure because there are some brothers beards which dont grow at all, I know a few examples and some brothers especially black brothers their beards dont grow as long as the Asian or white brothers

Good point, sister, but it's rather easy to tell if men shave or not... the "stubble" is very obvious (especially by late-afternoon). =) Of course, having other brothers notice this should be the last of their worries, for Allah sees everything! ;D

Wassalam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

Good point, brother, but it's rather easy to tell if men shave or not... the "stubble" is very obvious. =)

Wassalam

Assalamu Alaykum
Not if they're using Gillette :D

Remember also, Brother shahbazjamil, that you must trim the moustache so that it isn't as long as the beard, but you can still see it clearly.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
My mistake ::blush:: I've corrected that

At any rate, I don't see why any brother would want to shave off his beard.

It's natural
makes us look strong
and wise.
Allah's Messenger PBUH kept a beard!
The disbelievers began the practice, and continue to keep it to this day...
and we're not supposed to immitate them!
Plus! It's supermegafun to stroke on while pondering in deep thought. ;D

All in all, it's a package of success! Why shave it off? :SMILY82:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
At any rate, I don't see why any brother would want to shave off his beard.

It's natural
makes us look strong
and wise.
Allah's Messenger PBUH kept a beard!
The disbelievers began the practice, and continue to keep it to this day...
and we're not supposed to immitate them!
Plus! It's supermegafun to stroke on while pondering in deep thought. ;D

All in all, it's a package of success! Why shave it off? :SMILY82:

Assalamu Alaykum
That makes me anticipate the beard much more. But, I'm too young to have a full beard. I'm only capable of a goatee :(