BECOMING A CHRISTAIN & JOURNEY 2 ISLAM

akkhanam_05

Bis millaahir Rahmaanir-Raheem. Al Hamdu-Lil-laahi Rabbil-Alameen.

3salam3lakum & Ramadan Mubarak;
I was asked to explain how I became a Christian and then my transition in to Islam. First, I want to tell you a little about how as a child I believe I was already a Muslim.
My mother sent me to Catholic school, although we weren’t Catholic. She was raised a Southern Baptist, but she didn’t practice. She felt that I would get a better education in a private school.
My mother would tell me about God when I would ask. She let me know that He was the one that created us and the world we live in, and that he was always watching over us. That was pretty much the extent of our religious conversations.
I remember when I was about 7 years old and I asked my mom what Allah(swt) was. I don’t remember were I heard it from. She told me it was another name for God. So, I started to replace Allah (swt) in all the places it would say God in the Bible and other religious readings. Needless to say, the nuns didn’t care for that much when it was my turn to read in class. Plus, I was always questioning and arguing about some of the other issues I was confused about, such as, why we prayed to Mary, Jesus (pbuh), and the saints. Also, how could Jesus (pbuh) be god if he was God’s son? After a parent/teacher conference, my mother asked me to just stick to what the books say. I told her that I liked to say Allah (swt) because there was too many gods and I wanted God and everyone else to know which one I was talking about. She found it quite humorous. Anyway, I eventually started going to a public school.
While in public school, I started to realize how many different religions and different parts of each religion there was. I started to go to different churches with different people. I was always searching. I knew that Allah (swt) was around me and existed because of the world around me. I was fascinated by the way everything was connected (that had to be God).
When I was 14 my mother died and I moved in with my grandparents. They started making me go to church every time the door was open. At 17, I moved out and had my first baby. After I started having children, I became very involved in the church. I was a Sunday school teacher for 4 years. I would even take my children with me sometimes to go door-to-door to “save” people and they were even taught to preach the “Roman Road” to people. That is a method of telling people how to gain salvation through the blood of Jesus.
I ended up leaving my husband after years of dealing with his abuse and drug addiction. It was hard to raise 5 kids by myself with no family to support me. 2 years later, they went to live with my father-in-law. My life seemed to spiral downward from there. I started drinking heavily and “partying” almost every night.
In 2005, after hurricane Katrina, I moved to AZ. I had started doing a little research regarding Islam after 9/11. I saw a lot of stuff about Muslims on T.V. and wanted to know more for myself. I didn’t get serious about it till I moved to AZ and met some Muslims there. Mind you I was still “partying” and had no intention of becoming Muslim. One day I woke up and realized I couldn’t remember anything that had happened the night before (I mean NOTHING). I was scared and ashamed. I just wanted to get my normal life back and be with my kids. So, I got down on my knees and started to pray. I was crying uncontrollably and fell on my face and asked God to save me from this life and guide me. After that, I picked myself up, took a shower, and started to read my Bible. The phone rang a little while latter, and it was one of my Muslim friends telling me about these classes I could go to, to answer a lot of the questions I had been asking. That afternoon I went to the mosque for the class and received my first Quran. It was like a fog was lifted. The light came on inside my head and I was sooo excited. I said, “This is it! This is what I’ve been looking for!” March 26, 2006 I took my Shahadah, Alhumdullilah! Everyday, the more I learn, I am reaffirmed in my decision. My life is cleaner and clearer now. SubhanAllah.
That is pretty much it. Thank you for listening and, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
May Allah (swt) fill you with knowledge and give you peace.

AllahHudafiz,
Khadijah:hijabi:

nori suja'i

MashaAllah, im crying reading ur story sister
as long as we think about Allah, His there for us.
Alhamdullilah, may Allah strengthen our emaan.
Ameen.

EGY.Muslim

subhan allah سبحان الله

wow sister u can make a book with this story lol . this shows who ever search for the truth allah would never leave him, he would lead him/her to the truth.
ma sha'a allah.

Salaam,

Mashallah sister! 9/11 was a blessing in disguise. Allah's light is perfected even in the most hostile environments. May Allah continue to rain his blessings upon you and your family.

Faiza619

Strangers on earth
:ma::ma::ma: Allahu Akbar sister.

Your story was very touching.
May Allah increase your imman and make you steadfast in you found deen.
Allahu Akbar

iqbal313

when Allah guides some one to straight path nobody can lead them astray and if Allah
make someone go astray nobody can save him/her..May Allah guide us all to his right path as was the sister been guided

akkhanam_05

MISUNDERSTANDING

Bis millahahir Rahmaanir Raheem. AlHumdu Lilaahi Rabbil Alameen.

3salam3lakum;

I'm sorry I must have not been clear in my writing. Yes, at first, I was introduced to a "hodge poge" of Christianity, but later, after my mother's death, became more involved in the Baptist teachings. I was also baptized. I only questioned praying to Mary and the saints because, at the time, I was being exposed to the Catholic religion. As I grew up and the more I learned, I began to have basis to my questions. I did countless Bible studies, Sunday school classes, camps, and even religious counseling for people. And as far as becoming a new person when you decide to become a Christian, the same holds true in Islam. The faiths, in my studies are similar in a lot of ways. The main one being, the same principal of teachings was sent to us by God (Allah). The Bible just isn’t in its true text anymore and has been corrupted by the hands of man. Also, I know many people that still sin after becoming a Christian as well as Muslim. Temptation is still there. Are you saying you don’t sin anymore? And I’m not saying I did the things I did because I was confused about some of the teachings in Christianity. My faith was just lacking do to the fact of many things that had happened to me and at that time I felt lost, to some degree. Learning about Islam just strengthened my faith, because it all seemed to be so much clearer. I remember putting aside my questions, for a long time, and just accepting what Christianity was teaching me. That is how I was able to bring quite a few people to it. By the way, I never did drugs and I wasn’t out having sex with everyone. That was my ex-husband. Yes, I did have a boyfriend in high school for 4 years and I became pregnant and he got scared and we never spoke again. I didn’t start drinking until I had to let my children go stay with my father-in-law. I became depressed, with no family or moral support, and took the wrong path. Not that I really owe you an explanation, but I feel you have totally misunderstood me. By the way, I was with my ex for 10 ½ years. He did not become a drug addict until our 6th year of marriage, which in turn, slowly made him violent. And my “toxic life” consisted of about 2 ½ years. Yea, I am and will always have some sort of sin in my life. This is my struggle as well as each and every one of us in this world. We call it Jihad Nafs, that is, we (all of us) fight with our flesh everyday. This is the biggest fight for any human. Why? Because none of us is without an ounce of sin. Well, I pray I have cleared up some of your “puzzlement”. And I am sorry you misunderstood me so. I’ll try to do a better job of making myself absolutely clear the next time I share myself with the world. InshaAllah. I just didn’t realize some one would be so harsh. I guess that’s my fault though. Again, I apologize. :shake:

AllahHudafiz,

danyal.ahmed

Mashallah

:salam2:

I would just say ALLAH HO AKBER nothing may ALLAH guide other brothers and sister that they can find the way of Peace.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
:allahuakbar: :allahuakbar: :allahuakbar:

MashaAllah sister I am proud of you. I am really proud of the strength of your emaan and the clarity of your thought. :ma:

You are a great testament of what Islam can brings into someone's life. When Islam enters into someone's life it totally alter them.
Subhan Allah - The ummah of Prophet Mohammad :saw: is stronger today because of Muslimahs like you. But the most important thing is the true salvation which Muttaqi (Allah conscious) people like you will receive in the hereafter. Paradise for eternity, where Muttaqis will live under the throne of Allah (SWT), under the mercy and blessing of our creator.

:wasalam:

akkhanam_05

Thank you for your encouragement.

3salam3lakum & Ramadan Mubarak!
Thank you so much for all of your comments and feedback. :ma:, everyone on TTI has been so great. You all have made me feel so welcome. May Allah bless you, guide you, and expand your grave.:tti_sister:

AllahHudafiz

sister mujahida

wow...sister that is such a touching story

may allah keep you on this path of islam..and all of the rest of us

can i ask about ur kids?
are they muslim and are they with u?

akkhanam_05

3salam3lakum & Ramadan Mubarak!
No, unfortunatelly, they neither live with me nor are they Muslim. InshaAllah, one day. Right now I am in the middle of fighting for my vistation rights. Everyone seems to think that I have lost my mind becoming Muslim. They just want to see the woman I used to look like and be. They don't relize that this is my life. Allah is my life. This world is just temporary, but people are just so materialistic these days. They think if you don't act, look, and have certain things or ways that you are unsuccessful in your life. I say, if you don't live for Allah, then you are unsuccessful. Anyway, Subhannallah, everything is written as it should and will be by His choice and His choice alone. Alhumdullilah, I do get my children enough for the youngest 2 to start praying with me. Just last month my second oldest daughter went to Jummah with me.:ma:

AllahHudafiz

amaal30

manshallah what an interesting story, for some reason i like reading/watching converts stories...its just so amazing to me, i wish you all the best :)