Belief in pray

Ladybug3478

Hello,

If I pray for something does it matter if I believe the prayer will come true on any scale in order for it to be granted? Ex. If I pray for a pain in my back to go away - does it matter if I believe 100% 90% 20% that God will make my prayer come true? I ask because I came across a book that states a lady believed in all her prayers and even thanked God ahead of time and since she believed so much - that is why her prayers were answered?

Thanks

Ladybug3478

How can I move this post to its correct location? I don't believe it should be listed under 'website help'.

Thanks

babyboy

Belief in pray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

If I pray for something does it matter if I believe the prayer will come true on any scale in order for it to be granted? Ex. If I pray for a pain in my back to go away - does it matter if I believe 100% 90% 20% that God will make my prayer come true? I ask because I came across a book that states a lady believed in all her prayers and even thanked God ahead of time and since she believed so much - that is why her prayers were answered?

Thanks
:salam2:

Allah says: "I threat my servant according to his expectations from ME". Enough said:inshallah:

fadumo

salaam
I think u should believe in ur prayers,
because u r the one who is praying AND it is between u and allah.
:ma:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
praying......

hi ladybug it does not matter if u posted at the wrong place anyways lets try to answer ur question ok...

u said if u prayed to god will it be excepted. well if you are talking about the way christians do and you don`t know how to pray i think Allah can except it . coz alot of people said that prayed to god that he excepts their prayers but they were under the condition not knowing anything or how to prayed to god.

As for how to pray . . .this is summed up in a few passages. The Muslim reader should know that rak'at, which to the Muslim refers to a certain sequence of positions during Prayer, has different meaning in Classical Arabic. In Classical Arabic, it means any kneeling or bowing. Sujood to the Muslim refers to the prostrating that is done during the Muslim's prayer, but in Classical Arabic, the Arabic of Muhammad's day it refers to any prostration, however its primary meaning is any form of paying homage or respects which can be seen by the following passages 55:6, 2:34, 22:18, 2:58. So here's how to pray from the Quran:

2:43: "Pray! Do what is best and bow or kneel along with others who do the same."

We have an example of prayer with Mary 3:43: " Mary! Obey the Lord. Worship Him and bow, or kneel down, before Him with those who do the same."

5:55: "Your real supporters are God, His messenger(s) and His loyalists. His loyalists keep to prayer, doing what best, as they bow, or kneel down."

22:77: "God's loyalists! Bow or kneel down, and worship God! Serve the Lord and do good so you can have success".

48:29: "Muhammad is God's messenger and God's message is commendable. Those who are on the side of the messenger and his message will have strength when it comes to those who show no loyalty to the messenger and his message. They show mercy to one another, and Muhammad, you will see them bowing or kneeling down as they worship, asking for God's grace and approval. The signs of their worship show on their faces, and that is how they are referred to in Moses' teachings and in the teachings of Jesus . . ."

The Arabic word 'Qaa'im' in 3:39 does not dictate standing position during prayer. It implies the undertaking of any action, in addition to 'staying up late.' Even if understood to mean standing one can still stand and bow just as Muslims bow, stand up and then bow again or as others bow their heads while they stand in prayer. Zechariah may have been standing at that moment during his prayer but that does not mean that he was not bowing or kneeling the moment before, or that he wasn't bowing his head at that very moment. Since we weren't there the best conclusion that we can make is that he was in the action of praying. That is the most important aspect anyway.

The Qiblah; commonly reffered to as the direction of prayer actually means focal point, and that makes sense as you see that most Muslims point to it. However in Old Classical Arabic it is the convening point of gazes, moving objects, mental attention or the journeys of people or animals. The watering hole is a qiblah for thirsty animals and Mecca is a qiblah for Muslim pilgrims in their journey to the city. The direction that we face in prayer isn't even a matter of religious importance considering 2:115. We also see in the Quran that God told Moses to tell his people, while in Egypt, to make their houses qiblahs.

Obviously, they weren't making their houses directions to pray towards but their communal focal-points, i.e. their community centers. Prayer is nowhere mentioned, nor is it in connection to what is usually translated as the Holy Masjid which really includes any respected or inviolable sanctuary. You can pray in whatever direction you choose.

last but not least, there is nothing wrong with praying together. There is nothing wrong with praying the traditional Muslim way either, but it is not the only way to pray and it is not a superior way to pray. Praying with someone can range from praying shoulder to shoulder, doing and saying exactly the same thing at the same time, to holding each others hands, bowing heads; dedicating that time to God. The only uniform things that the Koran gives when it comes to prayer are the following:

1. Pray to God, The Most High.

2. Kneel or bow before God, The Most High.

3. Pray in the morning, right before or during daybreak.

4. Pray in the evening, during sundown, dusk or right afterwards.

So that's it, plain and simple. So go connect with your lord, God!
i hope this helps, anyways i`m gonna let u know more information and brothers and sisters will help you insha Allah( if god wills)

may Allah guide you ameen:tti_sister:
He is greater!