Serious Birmingham, UK. Delayed funeral takes place

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Mohammed Saleem murder: Delayed funeral takes place

The funeral of a grandfather who was stabbed in the back three times on his way home from his local mosque is due to take place later.
Mohammed Saleem, 75, was attacked in Green Lane, Small Heath, Birmingham after prayers in April.
The funeral was delayed as two post-mortem examinations were carried out. So far no-one has been charged with Mr Saleem's death.
His daughter, Fazia, said: "We are desperate for the killer to be found."
Ms Saleem, 43, said: "They have taken away a father, a grandfather, and a husband - my mum is absolutely devastated and in pieces."
The delay between Mr Saleem's death and his funeral has also caused the family extra concern because they have not been able to bury him straight away, as Islam sets out.

'In limbo'
"It's just been really stressful because we've been in limbo and not been able to accept it because we haven't been able to see our dad, or bury our dad," said Ms Saleem.
"It's going to be very hard.
"Obviously the anger's going to set in that he's been taken away and we don't know who had the nerve to do such a thing - and they haven't been caught yet either."
At the time of Mr Saleem's death, West Midlands Police were exploring the possibility he might have been victim of a racist attack, but later said the motive was unclear.
The force issued a CCTV image of a man seen running near the scene of the attack during Mr Saleem's journey, one he made five times a day for over 20 years.
His family are still searching for any information that might lead detectives towards finding his killer.
Mr Saleem's funeral will take place at the Green Lane Mosque in Birmingham.

Source

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. May Allah grant him Jannah, and ease the suffering of his family and community.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Any possibility the investigation isn't carried out thoroughly and in detail since it is a Muslim man? Irony how easy it seems to catch the culprit if it is a Muslim.

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon. May Allaah grant sabr to the family of the victim, increase them in goodness with their patience of their deceased husband/father/grandfather and increase his rank among the muttaqoon. Ameen.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Irony how easy it seems to catch the culprit if it is a Muslim.

How true, subhaanallaah.

I thought he'd been buried long ago. This is a really sad moment for his family I'm sure, they're burying him months later, yet the murderer still hasn't been found. May Allah `azza wa jallah grant them the patience to get through this rough time and have mercy on our brother. May Allaah bring about justice for all the Muslims that've been wronged.

Jazaakallaahu khayran for sharing this, brother.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
At the time of Mr Saleem's death, West Midlands Police were exploring the possibility he might have been victim of a racist attack, but later said the motive was unclear.

Hmmm... if victim would be "Mr Sand" and attacker a possible muslim or even someone who looks non-British and has a beard, that wouldn´t named as racist attack, but act of terrorism and now all muslims would be suspects... I think.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilaihi Raj`oon. May Allah widen his grave and open the doors of Jannah on him and sabr on his family.

Can't the Muslims not want to go for a post-mortem for the their desceased? Or do they have no say in it in the UK. It's so disturbing to know you beloved ones body cannot be laid in a grave for so long.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
wa alaikum asalaam

As it is a murder investigation, finding what happened and collecting any evidence that could lead to the attacker is in the public interest. I'm not sure how long the coroner can keep the body for post mortem, but s/he has to release it before the funeral can take place.

In another story this week, a small nail bomb was left outside a masjid. The bomb squad were able to deal with it, alhamdulillah, but the event was described as a terror attack. It struck me as different because it was the first time I had heard of a terror act perpetrated by other than 'muslims' or 'islamists' in quite some time