BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:

sister jabba I don't understand why you got so nervous about my thread. We are here to help each other searching the truth and following the Sunnah. Then if you celebrate birthdays is your business,nobody is here to judge just to advise. May Allah help us all to reach Jennah :inshallah:

:jazaak: sister samiha!

:ma: very nice post!!

:salam2:

Salam
I wasn't getting "nervous" about your post. I was just simply stating how I feel, and that there are more important things to worry about then someone celebrating a birthday. If you don't like what I say then just kindly pass by but don't accuse me of acting "nervous".

Geesh thanks for ganging up on a sister. If you really have something to me then send me a PM. Umm Zaina Do not insinuate unknowingly that I am ignorant about my religion in anyway,
Ummzaina said:
Sorry for being a bit rude, but I was among the ignorant not too long ago.
P.S I said nothing about Birthday celebrations being extravagant (maybe that was what you used to do, I don't know) , plz don't twist my words, as I'm sure it wasn't your intention to anyway.....

:wasalam:

abou haytam

This custom involves imitating the non-Muslims such as Christians and others. It is not a Muslim custom at all. The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned us against that when he said, “You will inevitably follow the paths of those who came before you, handspan by handspan, cubit by cubit, until even if they entered the hole of a lizard, you will follow them.” We said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, al-I’tisaam bi’l-Kitaab wa’l-Sunnah, 6889; Muslim, al-‘Ilm, 6723).

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Libaas, 4031; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3401).

omar162

Nice article. Jazakallah khair for posting it.

Just few hrs. I wished a Muslim sister "good health and wellness" for her bday as she was "going to celebrate it this weekend." Although I was wishing her, I told her that I do not personally celebrate it - hoping that she would one day understand that celebrating bdays isn't Islamic w/out telling her: Don't Celebrate. Hopefully one day she will understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.