Blessing of Islam

boupj

The headscarf, commonly called the hijab is a very common topic of discussion for Muslims and non-Muslims alike. I've been wearing my headscarf for five days now, and I absolutely love it. Now as most of us know hijab isn't just a scarf and it isn't only for women. It is a complete mindset based on modest, piety and remembrance of Allah. However many Muslims have to deal with misunderstandings (sometimes even ignorance) from fellow Muslims. I know plenty of sisters who choose not to wear the headscarf for their own perosnal beleifs but practice the proper mindset, such as carrying themselves in a modest manner, not drawing attention to themselves, and looking too much (checking out) or flirting with men. The headscarf (and facecover) are personal decision every Muslim makes herself and it is between them and Allah, no one else can know or judge, however I have a story of something that happened to me yesterday. It involves my headscarf but is more about knowledge of Islam in general and how many of our brothers and sisters are lacking in it, which saddens me greatly.

So I was at work and I am wearing my scarf when a customer asks me if I'm wearing it for research or as an experiment. I simply answer, no I'm Muslim (she thought because I have a western accent I wasn't Muslim, but that's not important). She told me "I'm Muslim too but you don't have to wear that" in that tone as though she was saving me from something terrible (I'm sure many sisters rcognize this). I told her politely that I liked wearing it because it reminded me of God. To which she said, "Yes, but we need to do more than just think of God, we have lives to live, we need to work go out with friends etc.." I said that she is right but there is no reason that we shouldn't think about God while doing those things. She asked me "Who is God that he needs us to think about him?" After which she left the store., I know how I typed it, it sounds rude, but she didn't mean it in a rude way, I just think she didn't understand why I thought the way I did.
"Who is God that he needs us to think about him?" Her question is valid and the answer is God doesn't need us but he has blessed us with this life and we need him. He has invited us to visit him five times a day. He has given us his word, Quran, and revealed to us how to live a perfect life in submission to him. These are all things that I see as blessing, but unfortunately many of brothers and sisters don't fully understand this.

Please share the word on how blessed we are to have Islam and to be Muslims. Remind your brothers and sisters that happiness lies in Islam, and that Allah has blessed us with so much, and it is a privilege to think of him and have his guidance in our life.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
All praise is due to Allah.

I'm not sure whether it's correct to say this, Congrats on the wearing of hijab.
Mashaallah.

I hope too that Muslims would understand the true meaning behind Hijab.
I'm also saddened that some of the people here don't recognize the meaning behind it. Some wear the head cover because their parents told them to so. The non-muslims get the wrong view of people wearing the head scarf. Hijab has lost its meaning to some people. As 'boupj' mention that hijab is a complete mindset based on modest, piety and remembrance of Allah. However, some who wear the head scarf here doesn't show much of modesty. Some even looked more attractive or I can say eye-catching than the one not wearing the head scarf. So it defy the purpose of Hijab.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum WRWB,

Sister, I am very happy to know your firm stand about Hijab.
It is a human psychology that if a person is looking miserable then he wants to justy it by making other people miserable too. This is called "Uzer of Sin" (Justifications to make Sin).

Next time if a Muslimah like that argues to you then just tell her she is doing nothing except justifying what 'She' is following. Otherwise she also would know in the deep corner of heart about something missing.

Wassalaam,
VE

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister
Allah bless you sister ....i think that higab is a blessing of Allah ...every time i go out wearing my higab i feel my faith is renewed since i am respoding to a heavenly call ;it is pleasent refreshing feeling (a secret between me and my lord).....A muslem women is pleasing Allah swt the lord of worlds when wearing higab while other women are just pleasing people in the street by wearing new fashions, what a differance?