blood pressure!!

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
Blood is carried from the heart to all parts of your body in vessels called arteries. Blood pressure is the force of the blood pushing against the walls of the arteries. Blood pressure is always given as these two numbers, the systolic and diastolic pressures. Both are important. Usually they are written one above or before the other, such as 120/80 mmHg. The top number is the systolic and the bottom the diastolic. With high blood pressure, the heart works harder, your arteries take a beating, and your chances of a stroke, heart attack, and kidney problems are greater.

What causes it?
In many people with high blood pressure, a single specific cause is not known. This is called essential or primary high blood pressure. In some people, high blood pressure is the result of another medical problem or medication. When the cause is known, this is called secondary high blood pressure.

question is how we can prevent high blood pressure??
suggestions needed?

courtesy is to lifeclinic personal health management.
[/SIZE]

icadams

Prevention and treatment of high blood pressure, in non-life threatening situations where medication or surgery are necessary, always involves three parts: lifestyle, exercise, and diet.
In brief.
Lifestyle. It is vital to learn to control and reduce stress. No alcohol, quit smoking.
Exercise. Maintain a healthy weight based on your age and sex, moderate exercise, particularly regular walking.
Diet. Reducing salt and sodium is vital, foods that emphasize fruit, vegetables and low fat dairy as well as good fats such as olive oil and fish.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
jazak allah khair brother.
can we treat/stop hypertension by adopting islamic ways of life??? if yes, how??

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I have high blood pressure, but I never worry or think about it. I workout, do cardios but still it remains. I just accept it as a fact.

Salaam!!!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam2:

Insya allah!
By maintaining healthy lifestyle

and doing fasting do help too :)

~May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,

Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

kayleigh

When I don't exercise or eat badly my blood pressure tends to be high. When I exercise it is low/normal. In the past, for a few months my blood pressure was very high and the doctors had no idea why (possibly medication I was on), and when I started exercising daily it went down dramatically in just a week.

I'm sure it's not that easy/simple for everyone but if you have high blood pressure and are not exercising, that's the first thing you should be doing.