Blood.

mariam.

Im a bit confused. I was reading the Quran and in one Surah there was a lot of stress on the importance of blood and on the fact that adopted sons are not really your sons. Why is this so? Physical Brotherhood doesnt necessarily mean that there is Emotional Brotherhood. Infact, more often than not friends are who you turn to rather than family.

hassana elkoussi

Im a bit confused. I was reading the Quran and in one Surah there was a lot of stress on the importance of blood and on the fact that adopted sons are not really your sons. Why is this so? Physical Brotherhood doesnt necessarily mean that there is Emotional Brotherhood. Infact, more often than not friends are who you turn to rather than family.

As-salamu alaikom ,

Yes, adopted sons are not really your sons in Islam. They are treated kindly and tenderly , but they are not to be named after the foster father, but rather after the name of the biological father. This is prohibited to clear inheritance and lineage issues.What if this adopted son marries his real sister later on ?

mariam.

I was talking about Surah Al Ahzab

33.6 The Prophet has a greater claim on the faithful than they have on eachother. His wives are their mothers.
Blood relations are closer to one another in the Book of Allah than to other believers or muhajirs, although you are permitted to do your friends a kindness. That is decreed in Allah's Book.

Thankyou. It is indeed a fact, something we can not change. Never really realised that family was given that much more importance.