Brothers & Sisters: I Need Major Help With This!!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I know a guy who wishes to marry a muslim woman..he used to be catholic..but no more..now he is more of a lutheran more than anything..

the woman he wishes to marry wears hijab..and he is alright with it (subhanallah)..he even thinks that hijab is beautiful and would definitely let his daughters wear it if he had any (somewhere in his mind i think he is a muslim by fitra..subhanallah)..and he agrees with *almost* all that the message of Islam carries in belief..and he believes in many also!..he is very interested in islam..and if something about it was mentioned..he never hesitates to ask questions to understand things clearly (a very good start)..he'd even requested that he'd be taught the steps of prayer..to pray along with the family of the girl if he needed to!..

However...

he still has a problem with the crucifixion of sayidina Isa (AS)..he doesn't understand why we believe he wasn't crucified..and almost resents the thought..and possibly even why we don't think he is God's son..he had repeatedly said that he respects what we believe..but he doesn't see it necessary to revert yet..

i can try to help him understand things..however i feel that my knowledge of deen is humble..and i do not want to give him incorrect information..or not give him an answer to his questions at all..because i feel that this might make him less interested in considering islam..

i am asking all of you for help on the crucifixion issue..and any other information or proofs to help with presenting islam to him to provide further understanding of it..so he can revert..because..

wallahi from i have come to know about him..i feel that he has many characteristics of a muslim..he just needs to be exposed to more positives of the deen..and needs a little push towards considering it as his!..

Jazakom Allah Kol Khair..for any and all help that you may provide..and Inshallah..Allah (swt) has decreed guidance for this fellow..and Inshallah he will revert to the path of Allah (swt)..

but i would like to say something in the end..if any of you has any comments about the inter-faith marriage issue..please do not post anything in this thread..instead send it to me in a PM..the reason for that is..i want to keep this thread purely for the information necessary for this guy to learn about Islam..because i might refer it to the girl he wishes to marry..and/or..the guy *himself*..so please keep your posts strictly in relation to my request of help with the topics i mentioned..

i do not wish to be rude to anyone..but this a serious matter..and i would like it to remain in focus

and May Allah Bless & Guard Each of You!!!

:wasalam:

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam
walaikum asslaam

I saw someone like this . a friend who is Crisitan from non-denomination Church. he actually dont believe in trinity. but he believes in crusifiction. he even gave me reference of sources where this is mentioned. the person is very good and a good friend of mine but then what to do with this theology.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
The Sign of Prophet Jesus:
The miracles permitted to Jesus, peace be upon him, by Allah were clear signs of his prophethood and easy to recognize.
Herbal medicine had reached its climax and those pronounced incurable by their physicians knew nothing else could be done for them. When Jesus cured such people and raised the dead, it was very clear that the cures he administered were not those of a highly skilled physician, but miracles permitted to him by his Creator. These miracles were signs to help the Jews realize that Jesus was no ordinary person, but rather a Prophet of Allah and must be followed; as was the case of Prophet Moses centuries before.
The Rabbis Slandering of Mary, Mother of Jesus:
Over the centuries, the rabbis tampered with the law of Moses for their personal gain, therefore, it was not suprising that when Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him, revived the unadulterated Mosaic law, the error of their ways was revealed. In consequence, the rabbis were outraged and Jesus met with strong resistance, but he continued to preach and his followers grew in number. There were many attempts to discredit Prophet Jesus, however, their most outrageous attempt was to scandalize the purity and chastity of his blessed virgin mother, Mary. Such was the enormity of their sin that Allah mentions it in the Koran saying:
"Also for their unbelief
and their saying about Mary a great calumny,"
Koran Ch. 4 verse 156
The Rabbis Demean the Miracles of Prophet Jesus:
When Prophet Jesus performed his miracles by the permission of Allah, the rabbis denied them saying they were no more than magic.
"When Allah said: 'Jesus, son of Mary,
remember the favor I bestowed on you and on your mother;
how I strengthened you with the Holy Spirit (Gabriel),
to speak to the people in your cradle and of age;
how I taught you the Book and wisdom,
the Torah and the Gospel;
and how by My permission you fashioned from clay
the likeness of a living bird,
by My permission, you healed the blind man and the leper,
and by My permission you brought the dead forth;
and how I protected you from the Children of Israel
when you brought them clear signs:
whereupon the unbelievers among them said:
"This is nothing but plain magic."
Koran Ch. 5 verse 110
The Blasphemy Circulated by the Rabbis:
Soon, blasphemous, false rumors were circulated that Jesus claimed to be the son of God.
"Then Allah will say:
'Jesus, the son of Mary,
did you ever say to the people:
"Worship me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?"
'Exaltations to You,' he will say,
'how could I say that to which I have no right?
If I had said so, You would have surely known it.
You know what is in my self,
but I do not know what is in Yours.
Indeed, You are the Knowledgeable of the Unseen.
I spoke to them of nothing except that which You ordered me.
"Worship Allah, my Lord and our Lord."
I watched over them whilst living in their midst
and ever since You took me to You,
You have been watching over them.
You are the Witness of everything.'"
Koran Chapter 6 verses 116 - 117
The Plot:
When the rabbis could no longer bear Prophet Jesus' preaching they started to look for ways in which they might rid themselves of him and decided the only course would be to kill him. This, however, posed a problem as it is forbidden for a Jew to kill another Jew, and they as rabbis could not afford to be accused of killing one of their own, therefore, the killing would have to be seen to be done by the Romans.
The Traitor:
Amongst Jesus' disciples was a traitor (whose name in Arabic is Tatynoos) Judas. Judas was well aware of the desire of the Jewish authorities so he went to them and informed them that Prophet Jesus would be alone in a certain room at a certain place and time. The rabbis welcomed the news and preparations for his downfall were set in motion.
Prophet Jesus is Miraculously Saved by Allah:
When the day came, Prophet Jesus made his way to the house. The room in which Prophet Jesus prayed had a skylight and as he immersed himself in prayer Allah told Jesus:
"Jesus, I will take you to Me
and will raise you to Me,
and I will purify you from those who disbelieve.
I will make your followers
(Christians who lived, believed and died before Prophet Muhammad)
above those who disbelieve till the Day of Resurrection.
Then to Me you all shall return,
and I shall judge between you,
as to what you were at variance."
Koran Ch. 3 verse 55
The time was near at hand and Tatynoos or Judas as he is known in the Bible, accompanied by the Roman soldiers made his way to the place where Jesus was offering his prayer. Judas instructed the soldiers to remain outside and entered the room alone. However, before Tatynoos entered the room, Allah in His Mercy, sent the Arch Angel Gabriel to take Jesus up through the skylight to the heavens so when Tatynoos entered the room, the room was empty.
Allah tells us in the Koran:
"... and for their saying,
'We killed the Messiah,
Jesus the son of Mary,
the Messenger of Allah.'
They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him,
but to them (the one crucified) was given the look (of Jesus).
Those who differ concerning him (Jesus) surely are in doubt regarding him,
they have no knowledge of him,
except the following of supposition,
and they did not kill him - a certainty.
Rather, Allah raised him up to Him.
Allah is Mighty, the Wise."
Koran Ch. 4 verses 157 - 158
The Crucifixion:
When Judas entered the room his appearance was miraculously transformed to resemble that of Jesus, however, he was unaware of his transformation and when he couldn't find Jesus he went outside to tell the soldiers he was not there and was set upon. Many of the soldiers had seen and heard Prophet Jesus preach, and had no doubt that Judas was actually Jesus. Judas protested violently and a state of confusion ensued whereupon several soldiers entered and searched the room for Judas but they were unable to find him. Such was the confusion that fighting broke out amongst them and several were killed. Despite Judas' protest that he was not Jesus he was taken away and later crucified in place of Prophet Jesus, praise be to Allah.
Prophet Jesus' return at the end of time:
In an authentic quotation of Prophet Muhammad, praise and peace be upon him, we learn that Prophet Jesus will descend to earth before the end of time and that his descending will occur in the Mosque of Jerusalem at the time of the Dawn prayer.
We are also told that his second coming will be during the time of the false messiah, who will have surrounded the Mosque with his army. Prior to this the Muslims in the Mosque, whose leader is Al Mahdi, will be under siege and at the point of starvation. After the Dawn prayer has been offered, Prophet Jesus, peace be upon him, and Al Mahdi will leave the Mosque and Jesus will slay the false messiah.
Notes:
As a matter of interest, Bamber Gascoigne, of Oxford University, UK, draws one's attention in his book "The Christians" to the fact that none of the early Christian catacombs/tombs were engraved with the sign of the cross. The engraving of the cross on the tombs was introduced much later on in the history of Christianity.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

bobkidi..i'm not sure if you're a brother or sister..
but i am *not* the one getting married to the guy..it's a fellow muslimah who wishes to do so :)..but thank you so very much for the link..i will make sure that i save it for reference by me..the girl..and/or the guy..jazak/i allah kol khair :)

brother IbnAlAawam..jazak allah khair the best of khair brother..these threads will be great..cuz they're sort of summarized..so it helps in "introducing" the topic to the guy..i appreciate your taking the time to find them for me :)

brother ayman..mashkoor wa jazaka allaho khairan..i have been around the site for a while now..and did not notice this forum..cuz i'm fixed only on certain ones..out of personal interest..thank you for the reminder and pointing it out to me..brother..i have talked to the girl..and i am helping her out with this for that reason..i am taking a gentle approach because she'd been attacked in various aspects for having the feelings and the intentions of marrying this guy..i have told her that *la wilaya le ghayri el muslim ala muslim* and that even if she got married her marriage is illegal in shari'a..i pledged that i help her out..and inshallah Allah (swt) has decreed guidance for this guy so he can revert..and that way she will have ajer in doing what is halal and the ajer of looking after his deen when and if he reverts..inshallah all will go well..again..thanks a lot for replying and helping out

brother Imran..the beliefs of certain people is an issue that can get very complicated..i sometimes take the role of answering their questions when *they* ask..i don't bring books and lectures..sit them down..and preach to them..i feel like i'm no better than the mormon's or jehovah's witnesses..when i sense sincerity and curiosity..and even some hope in them converting..that's when i try to do something about it (i don't know if it's right or wrong..but that's what i do)..thank you brother for replying

brother mahussain..like i told you brother..inshallah i will print this out along with all other articles and/or threads i have received and might find..jazaka allah khair and i sure do appreciate this

Again..thank you all..and please keep this guy in your prayers..inshallah there will be a day when i will call him a brother not just *the guy*..and that he finds the light of Islam

May Allah Bless & Guard Each of You :tti_sister:

:wasalam: