BROTHERS VS SISTERS

helpinghumanity

NOTE:
1) Please forgive me if I have not replied to your PM's or VM's or thread. Things have been pretty busy on my side and alhamdolillah they are going in the right direction.
2) Alhamdolilah I have received my diploma/degree with Honors.
I also received prestigious award from a professional engineer society.

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullah

I hope all of you are in the best of health and eeman.

Let’s have a competition on TTI **Brothers vs. Sister’s**.

What this competitions is about:
Brothers will be posting the name of sahaba and then will give a brief introduction of that sahaba in maximum of 3 sentences.
Sisters will be sharing the name of sahabiyat and then will give a brief introducation of that sahabiyat in max of 3 sentences.

Rules:
1) The introduction of sahaba or sahabiyat should not be more than 3 sentences. Furthermore it should be in your own words. No copying and pasting. You can use websites as a resource but remember to write in your own words.
2) The first reply is open. Either brother or sister can reply. However after the first post, the replies will be turn-wise.
3) A brother/sister can only reply again if two other brothers/sisters have already replied. Example, a brother has replied to this thread and he wants to reply again. He can do so if and only if two other brothers have replied already.
4) Whichever side skips the turn will be disqualified. E.g a sister already has taken a turn. Now it’s the turn of the brothers. But another sister comes up in excitement and replies (remember it was the turn of the brothers). This will end the game and brothers will win.
The opposite team will have up to 24 hours to reply. E.g If sisters have taken their turn and now its the turn of the brothers. The brother will have only 24 hours to reply. If they don't reply within 24 hours then the sisters will automatically win.

I will make sure that the rules mentioned above are followed properly. Inshallah I will try not to take any side. So

BEST OF LUCK TO BOTH BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

SMALL CLARIFICATION REGARDING RULE # 3:
For brothers:
I will use you as an example of brother Kashif

Brother Kashif replied. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not brother Kashif) will reply. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not brother Kashif) will reply. Then sister will reply. Now brother Kashif can reply.

For sisters:
I will use sister Seeking Allah's Mercy as an example

Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy replied. Then brothers will reply. Then another sister (not sister seeking allah's mercy) will reply. Then brothers will reply. Then another sister (not sister seeking allah's mercy) will reply. Then brothers will reply. Now sister Seeking Allah's Mercy can reply.

Attachments

• My diploma.jpg
    My diploma.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 200

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

Congratulations on your achievement brother!

Also, nice idea brother. The threads you start are so interesting.

Name: Ummu Habeebah

Ummu Habeebah (full name Ramlah bint Abi Sufyan), even though her father used to be an enemy of Islam, was among the first people to revert in Makkah. When she and her husband, Ubaydullah, were being harassed in Makkah, they took refuge in Abyssinia but, unfortunately, Ubaydullah abandoned Islam and Ummu Habeebah had to live with no one to support her or her daughter. So Ummu Habeebah patiently waited for what Allah would choose for her and she became Prophet Muhammad's wife and a role model for many Muslimahs.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

^Err, Ukht... You gave the answer away! The brother wants you to just give 'Clues'(3 to be exact)to your chosen sahaabiyah and then someone else is supposed to come along and guess.

helpinghumanity

Assalamu Alaikum,

Congratulations on your achievement brother!

Also, nice idea brother. The threads you start are so interesting.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah

Thank you sister

suhannah said:
As-salaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah!

^Err, Ukht... You gave the answer away! The brother wants you to just give 'Clues'(3 to be exact)to your chosen sahaabiyah and then someone else is supposed to come along and guess.

No no.. she did the right thing by giving the intro along with the name. This is what was in my head :)

Now it's brothers turn. They will have to reply within 24 hours relevant to the time of sister zohra's post.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member

No no.. she did the right thing by giving the intro along with the name. This is what was in my head :)

Now it's brothers turn. They will have to reply within 24 hours relevant to the time of sister zohra's post.

Oh!

Well that's quite simple then... 'tis a different type of *game* than the ones I'm used to but, Maasha'Allaah still!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Mabrook on your achievements and May Allaah put Baraakaah in it.

Btw, should you be putting away your personal things on a forum like this. I mean there wasn't really a need for you to share that certificate and that link with your picture and all. You do understand that a number of sisters are a member of this site and they will come across your picture? I hope I don't need to be more specific?

I believe TTI and it's members behave in a manner, where it says: "Rest assured! We don't ask for proves when you say you've gotten this or that. We trust your word", no?

I sincerely apologise as it may be offensive, but I find it a lil unwise and risky for your and everyone else's deen and duniya.

Nice game btw, I'll Inshaa'Allaah post on my turn. May Allaah reward you for every goodness that comes out of this thread.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

Mabrook,ya akhi on your achievement,may Allah bless you in it.Masha'Allah tabarakAllah :) .

Abdullah Ibn Salam(radi allahu 'anhu)

He was a former Jewish Rabbi widely respected in his community.
He asked Prophet :saw: 3 questions to acertain if he :saw: was really a prophet.
After hearing the answers he bore witness and took shahadah.
His people who were with him before Islam and respected him,suddenly turned against him and cursed him after hearing he had become a muslim.
Wallahu 'alam.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Umm Aiman bint Tha'labah (Radiullahu 'unha).

Her real name was Barakah bint Tha'labah and was from Abysiiniah. (The Prophet:saw: Whoever wishes to marry a lady of Paradise, then he should marry Umm Aiman Radiullahu 'unha).

She was the prophet's:saw: father's('Abdullah bin 'Abdul Muttalib) slave.

Since she took care of the Prophet of Allaah:saw:, when he was a child, he used to call her "mother".

That's it, three lines (if you minus the hadeeth). . .

helpinghumanity

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Mabrook on your achievements and May Allaah put Baraakaah in it.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu

Jazakumullah khairun for the duaa.

Btw, should you be putting away your personal things on a forum like this. I mean there wasn't really a need for you to share that certificate and that link with your picture and all. You do understand that a number of sisters are a member of this site and they will come across your picture? I hope I don't need to be more specific?

All of us were created different therefore we perceive things in a different way. You may not be able to know the intention behind my words and you may read it from a perspective that is 180 degree (opposite) away. Similarly I may not be able to understand the wisdom behind your words and read it in a manner which was not intended by you. All this is possible,especially in a virtual world where images or perceptions or opinions are established based on what one reads.

Personal experiences should never be kept away from a forum, a forum which is considered to be a part of family. They (personal experiences) add genuity to the thread and it may be given much more importance because it may connect to the thoughts or life of the reader. If there is no connection between the thread and the reader then in my opinion that thread is useless. What else all of us are doing here..**We are sharing our personal experiences**. Experiences that matter to us and to others. But may be the question is valid **to what extent one should share his/her personal experience?**.

I believe TTI and it's members behave in a manner, where it says: "Rest assured! We don't ask for proves when you say you've gotten this or that. We trust your word", no?
If personal experiences or opinions are not backed up with proofs then it authenticity may be disputed.

I sincerely apologise as it may be offensive, but I find it a lil unwise and risky for your and everyone else's deen and duniya.

There is sincerely no need of apology because all of us, regardless of who we are or how much knowledgeable we are, learn from each others experience.

Nice game btw, I'll Inshaa'Allaah post on my turn. May Allaah reward you for every goodness that comes out of this thread.
Thanks...May Allah reward all of those members who are contributing to bring goodness in the thread. Ameen.

Wassalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Offended. Just as I thought, it was a sensitive issue to begin with. Khair, I tried and I meant and mean no offense.

Just to stop derailing this thread and bugging you, I'll post this one last post on the subject.

My point:

1) Avoiding fitnah: It's a forum where both genders participate. Anything can create fitna, I asked for being cautious. Sister have eyes and hearts too and they too have a Qareen, a shaytan. Why even provide him with the excuse to hunt someone down?

2) Your personal safety: It's a public forum and you have no idea who the readers are, it's unwise to share so many personal/private stuff with "complete strangers". My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

3) Purpose: TTI is primarily for us to learn about Islam. The thread could have done without you sharing what you did.

4) Proof for what you do is not required. It doesn't benefit us in duniya or `Akhira. It's not the Qur'an or Sunnah. We will not be questione about it. You tell us the truth. Awesome. You lie, it's your own loss. Won't effect anyone here in the least.

There is sincerely no need of apology because all of us, regardless of who we are or how much knowledgeable we are, learn from each others experience.
Yes, there was. You shared what you shared to be happy and wanted everyone to share your happiness, to be encouraged and get appreciation. If I come about with a thorn, then yes I do feel there was need of an apology. But why I do it anyway, is because I mean no offense and I do it with sincere intentions for the reasons mentioned already.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Hazrat Musab ibn 'Umayr (radiallahu anhu)

He used to wear most beautiful clothes and put best perfumes on his body when he went out,before Islam,he was one of the most handsome sahaba.
After Islam his mother disowned him before punishing him and depriving him of his luxury .
He died as a shaheed(martyr) in the battle of Uhud and people could not even find a proper cloth to shroud him in.

helpinghumanity

Oh!

Well that's quite simple then... 'tis a different type of *game* than the ones I'm used to but, Maasha'Allaah still!

Assalamo alaikum.

Its not that simple though because of the rules. According to one rule
"You can only again if and only if two brother/sister already replied."

Say for example, you replied to this thread. Now its the turn of the brothers. A brother replied and now its the turn of the sisters. You can't reply now..other sister have to reply. Then brothers will reply and then another sister will reply. After this you can reply. sounds cool lol :)

Now to achieve this task one has to be a little social. Sister will have to contact each other for help and brothers will have to contact each other for help.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamo alaikum.

Its not that simple though because of the rules. According to one rule
"You can only again if and only if two brother/sister already replied."

Say for example, you replied to this thread. Now its the turn of the brothers. A brother replied and now its the turn of the sisters. You can't reply now..other sister have to reply. Then brothers will reply and then another sister will reply. After this you can reply. sounds cool lol :)

Now to achieve this task one has to be a little social. Sister will have to contact each other for help and brothers will have to contact each other for help.

Does this mean, a different brother/sister has to reply alternately?Like,I replied once,then some other sister posts,then some other brother posts,then I may or may not post?

helpinghumanity

Hazrat Musab ibn 'Umayr (radiallahu anhu)

He used to wear most beautiful clothes and put best perfumes on his body when he went out,before Islam,he was one of the most handsome sahaba.
After Islam his mother disowned him before punishing him and depriving him of his luxury .
He died as a shaheed(martyr) in the battle of Uhud and people could not even find a proper cloth to shroud him in.

Wassalam brother,

You made brothers LOSE. :( .

Did you read rule # 3?

Okay a deal. This time inshallah we will let it go. One mistake for brother. To be fair one mistake of sister will be allowed as well. I hope sister will allow..

Again its the turn of the brothers. Brother Kashif contact at least two brothers on TTI so that you can reply again ....All the best!!!!!!!!

helpinghumanity

Does this mean, a different brother/sister has to reply alternately?Like,I replied once,then some other sister posts,then some other brother posts,then I may or may not post?

Okay inshallah this will make it clear.

For brothers: I will use you as an example
You replied. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not you) will reply. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not you) will reply. Then sister will reply. Now you can reply.

For sisters:

Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy replied. Then brothers will reply. Then another sister (not sister seeking allah's mercy) will reply. Then brothers will reply. Then another sister (not sister seeking allah's mercy) will reply. Then brothers will reply. Now sister Seeking Allah's Mercy can reply.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Wassalam brother,

You made brothers LOSE. :( .

Did you read rule # 3?

Okay a deal. This time inshallah we will let it go. One mistake for brother. To be fair one mistake of sister will be allowed as well. I hope sister will allow..

Again its the turn of the brothers. Brother Kashif contact at least two brothers on TTI so that you can reply again ....All the best!!!!!!!!

Oh man dang :( soz!
Hazrat Salman Al Farsi(radi allahu 'anhu)

He was a non arab sahaba of persian origin.
He had wandered places in search of truth.
He suggested digging of trenches in the battle of ahzab.

Okay inshallah this will make it clear.

For brothers: I will use you as an example
You replied. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not you) will reply. Then sisters will reply. Then another brother (not you) will reply. Then sister will reply. Now you can reply.

For sisters:

Got it!
:jazaak: :)
Sorry about the loss! :S

helpinghumanity

Oh man dang :( soz!
Hazrat Salman Al Farsi(radi allahu 'anhu)

He was a non arab sahaba of persian origin.
He had wandered places in search of truth.
He suggested digging of trenches in the battle of ahzab.

Jazakumullah Khairun brother,

Now its the turn of the sisters. The clock is ticking and the time is running.

Sisters make sure to reply within 24 hours of the last post

MuslimShadow

Asma bint abu bakr(radhi allhu anha)

She was the eighteenth person to accept islam.

She recieved the title Dhat an Nitaqayn meaning She of the two belts from prophet Muhammad:saw:

She used to carry food for prophet Muhammad:saw: during night when he sought refuge in a cave during migration from Mecca to Medina.

helpinghumanity

Let's carry on the conversation on the topic inshallah,

Where are the brothers? Its your turn brothers. Don't let the sisters win easily. Lets go.....