Brothers who helped Kuffaar.

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Salaam allaikum

I will like to highlight the news marked as bold in this news its very old news but still the thinking of people in this country is somewhat same .

Jingoism jibe over Black Hawk Down
Shot from Blackhawk down
Blackhawk Down: Coincides with US patriotic mood
By the BBC's Jonathan Fryer

Black Hawk Down, a blockbusting war movie based on the shooting down of two US Blackhawk helicopters in Somalia in 1993, has been released to critical acclaim in the United States.

But there have been allegations in several parts of the world that the film unfairly glorifies American troops while belittling other nationalities involved.

Post 11 September, the US movie-going public is in patriotic mode.

US Blackhawk over Mogadishu
Mr Tookey: The film "rewrites history"
So from the film director Ridley Scott's point of view, there could hardly have been a better moment to release his epic war movie which is stuffed full not just with graphic military action, but also with American heroism.

The film centres on the real life incident in which Somali militia succeeded in shooting down two American helicopters that were part of a US-led effort to help secure deliveries of food aid in war-torn Somalia.

A rescue operation was launched by US forces, notably helped by Malaysian soldiers on the ground.

Nineteen Americans died in the ensuing battle, and graphic pictures were sent round the world of the body of one soldier being dragged around the Somali capital, Mogadishu.

'Fiasco'

Ridley Scott - who has long been based in Hollywood, but is actually British by birth - explained the point of his film. "What we do is to engage the audience for two or two and a half hours and take them into a war that they would normally never experience.

This is a very questionable movie - it really rewrites history

Daily Mail critic Christopher Tookey
"I thought - just make it as it was. Try not to romanticise it. Try not to sentimentalise it - and leave the audience with questions at the end, not necessarily answers," he told the BBC.

There have certainly been questions - from some ordinary film-goers as well as from professional film critics.

One has been whether the film turns what most modern historians have classified as a US military disaster into something far more upbeat.

"I think the [US] army wanted this film to be made because of the misconception that it was a fiasco," said Ridley Scott.

"From their point of view, it wasn't a fiasco. They went in there and did what they wanted to do. What they were most furious about was that then they were withdrawn."

'Jingoism'

Christopher Tookey, film critic of the large-circulation British tabloid newspaper The Daily Mail, says Black Hawk Down is indeed a remarkably powerful war-film.

"It is a brilliant 'you are there' film. You really do feel those rocket-powered grenades whizzing round your head," he said.

Josh Hartnett in Blackhawk Down
The film is accused of exaggerating US heroism
"And it carries a really true sense of the fog of war and the confusion that it creates. And anyone who is thinking of going should be warned that it is incredibly gruesome," he said.

However, Mr Tookey is far less impressed with the spin he believes Ridley Scott has put on the reality behind the story, which fits in with the intensely patriotic mood of most Americans at the moment.

"I think he was interested in seizing on the positive, which is the heroism of American soldiers under fire," he said.

"And the film has been rush-released to take advantage of this jingoism that has already made a hit of another movie called Behind Enemy Lines.

"Astonishingly, this seems to be working with American critics who have hailed it [Black Hawk Down] as a possible Oscar winner," said Mr Tookey.

"But really this is a very questionable movie. It really rewrites history."

Malaysia complaints

There have already been complaints from Malaysia, some of whose troops were also involved in rescuing US troops in Somalia.

The commander of Malaysian forces there at the time, retired Brigadier-General Abdul Latif Ahmad, was quoted by the AFP news agency saying that the record needs to be set straight.

US troops in Somalia
Critics accuse the film of belittling non-US characters
Otherwise, he said, "Malaysian movie-goers will be under the wrong impression that the real battle was fought by the Americans alone, while we were mere bus drivers to ferry them out."

But it is the Somalis who might feel they have the right to be most aggrieved, as they are largely caricatures in the film, mostly depicted as fanatical followers of the warlord Farah Aideed.

"They were not characterised, they were not telling their story," said Yusuf Hassan of the BBC's Somali service.

"At that time, I was covering the conflict as a journalist, and I know that the people who were fighting were not only supporters of Aideed.

"Many of them were just people in the neighbourhood who got caught up in this fire and were trying to defend their homes, as they thought they were under attack," he said.

Somali courage

To add insult to injury, despite the fact that there are tens of thousands of Somali refugees in the United States, Britain and elsewhere, who could in principle have been used as extras in the film, the black actors used are of other nationalities who are physically totally different.

Besides, as far as Yusuf Hassan is concerned, it is arguable who were the real heroes in the Somali incident, given the unequal nature of the conflict

"It [the film] was sort of portraying the Americans as heroes, when in fact they had all the technology. It was a hi-tech war - against people who only had AK47 rifles," he said.

Certainly, many inhabitants of Mogadishu at the time were impressed that the militia managed to bring down two US helicopters with the fairly basic military equipment that they had.

But unless another film director decides to make an alternative version of the Black Hawk Down story, it looks as if it is the Hollywood version of reality that will stick in most people's minds.

Source BBC

the Reason i posted is because people in malaysia still have the feeling that palestine and iraqi muslims are terrorist. Now i am talking about the Kuala lupur state and the nearby ones. other states have good practising muslims Mashallah. how i know all these things because i am currently residing here and this is my experience in this country. but alhdullila i have noticed from few months ago the news channel has started showing some real footage of palestine.

The amaizing thing is malaysian Army officer iwants to show his countrymen about what great thing he did to help Americans. and look what these kufaars did they used malysian and dint even gave them credit. I hope Malaysiians look for the truth and not just start helping these kufaars.

Muslims killing Muslims

Salaam Allaikum

saqlawi

Muslim Student
jazakallaha khayran for the much-needed clarification on this disputed historic event

wassalam

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Asalaam Walaikum

Brother. . i hope the Muslim Ummah wakes up before some other country is affected. If iran goes down then they might go for pakistan or any other neighbouring country. Only Allah knows. I am afraid the muslims should realise and should come back to islam. this doesnt really sound like that america has gone for oil to Iraq. It is clearly evident that America is playing crusade in muslim countries. We should not look into Sunni - Shia for now . its now time for us to Unite under one banner Musllim Ummah or else we will again fall into the trap of America.

Walaikum Asalaam

saqlawi

Muslim Student
Yes it is definitely not the time for Muslims to quibble, the ummah needs to pull together.

I don't think the U.S. is just going about its campaign because they don't like Muslims... Most of it is natural resources, an age-old war driver. That coupled with Muslims appearing as a threat to their greedy ways.

Why start with Iraq? Because Saddam was not loyal to America and Israel. Because Iraq has resources and can make them money along the way. And because it is a starting point for, as you say, their "crusade" against Muslims.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Well , even before Black Hawk down, u see a lot of movies with Arabs as the bad guys ... In Bollywood too..:mashallah:
:angryblue:

But now Alhamdulilah , there are hardly arabs playing as the bad guys..But it is a bit unfortunate that Hollywood has turn to the Chinese playing as the bad guys...:mashallah:

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Walaikum Asalaam

Brother alkathiri

Chinese do play bad guys in hollywodd movies. they need somone to show as bad guys. before they used to show Russians now chinese that is just because they dont like thier rivals who can be next super power and about somalia ,if i am not mistaken this is muslim country not arabic country it is near the arab countries but it is not arabic country. they are going to muslim countires. they are complete evil before they went to vietnam and cuba. and many other places they played there dirty tricks. now they are trying on muslim countries.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Walaikum Asalaam

Brother alkathiri

Chinese do play bad guys in hollywodd movies. they need somone to show as bad guys. before they used to show Russians now chinese that is just because they dont like thier rivals who can be next super power and about somalia ,if i am not mistaken this is muslim country not arabic country it is near the arab countries but it is not arabic country. they are going to muslim countires. they are complete evil before they went to vietnam and cuba. and many other places they played there dirty tricks. now they are trying on muslim countries.

I heard China is going to increase its military budget by 17%...Thats bad news for the US. is Us struggling with military recruitment?

I think people need to know China has more than 1 billion people...Thay got huge manpower...coupled with its technology... Are we seeing another cold war??? Perhaps..

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Asalaam Allaikum

yes brother, i think yes. The communist are more worse then Americans.

Walaikum Assalaam

marzuki mohamed

interesting title..

bro ahmed 2000,

the title is so interesting.

when we say we support hezbollah that support word's dosen't means we gv
them morals/money/dua to them hizbollah or shia,Dr Al Qardawi did say during the lebanon war with israel- " it is a must to help Hezbollah during that period" and because Lebanon people must unite to fight the zionists at that time even sunni fighter also fight against zionists.

Please take note this shia whetzer its hezbollah or whatever they name it its is still =shia and this people is saying a dirty words to our sahabat.
even thier hezbollah leader also saying it..plus plenty other thing that we all know they did.

my only point here is "we will help them if they need help..but we must be very carefull with them."

same goes 2 when i say i support them 4 the cause of palestine..

and i don't think by saying that we support them is already showing that we help them or sell our din.

when malaysian army help american army in that critical situations that dosent means we agree on US lead invasions.

world already become a proxy for every country.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
bro ahmed 2000,

and i don't think by saying that we support them is already showing that we help them or sell our din.

:salam2:

Akhi the support for the palestine, in my opinion, has diminish due to the fighting between Hamas and fatah.. I mean what were there thinking....:angryblue:

Raed

Muslim Student
bro ahmed 2000,

them morals/money/dua to them hizbollah or shia,Dr Al Qardawi did say during the lebanon war with israel- " it is a must to help Hezbollah during that period" and because Lebanon people must unite to fight the zionists at that time even sunni fighter also fight against zionists.

Please take note this shia whetzer its hezbollah or whatever they name it its is still =shia and this people is saying a dirty words to our sahabat.
even thier hezbollah leader also saying it..plus plenty other thing that we all know they did.

my only point here is "we will help them if they need help..but we must be very carefull with them."

when malaysian army help american army in that critical situations that dosent means we agree on US lead invasions.

You have good point

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
bro ahmed 2000,

Asalaam Allaikum

Brother the reason i had this thread is because i dont appreciate any muslim country hep americans in thier dirty work of killing innocent people. but to the situation we have got into now is somewat different . I dont like sectors at all and the shia sector is the worse of alll the sectoors. but if we still keep on fight then amrica will benefit. This thread was for pointing that america usses either shia to kil sunni , or even sunni to kill sunni. Because in Somalia its sunnni Muslims living there and in malaysia its also sunni muslims. so how could malysia not care about Islam. i mean if any muslim country helps its just as drinking brothers blood . It even goes to pakistan . Mr Musharaf helped America in recent years.

And ya i am so angry now after so many years the Black Hawk Down had happened. Because recently they had independance day celeberation and i saw a programme on the malaysian local TV Channel and surprisingly the army officer was sitting with british officer and was very happy to have helped americans and british people in Black Hawk down in Somalia. what is going on here people in this country are still proud they helped america. And people here are just not understanding that what is thhe real picture. they tend to think i am making stories when i say about palestine or Iraq.

Walaikum Asalaam