Burning Islamic Documents

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
:salam2:

Is it Haram 2 burn Islamic documents that we do not need? By this I mean stuff that has come through the post that has Allah's name on it and that.
Muslims that I know do this a lot and argue that it's fine, better than just throwing it away but i'm not 2 sure.

Look forward to your views.

((btw, Happy Ramadhan Mubarak)):hijabi:

:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
i'm not so sure but most of the muslims say that you should burn it.
because if you don't burn it, it will be thrown in the garbage there for that is worse. wallahu a'lam. my computer is going slow but i'll post the full answer from a fatwa. salam and ramadan kareem to you too!

palestine

Servant of Allah
(Question No. 1509)Brother, what do I do with the copies of Holy Quran or any other religious books, pictures, posters etc. which has Aayahs or Suras from Quran and are in a dipapidated condition
[Topic:Islamic Books]
Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh. (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

Dear Brother Burhan, Assalaam Alaikum, May God reward you for your noble efforts. Brother, what do I do with the copies of Holy Quran or any other religious books, pictures, posters etc. which has Aayahs or Suras from Quran and are in a dipapidated condition.

(There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

Answer:

What to do with torn Quran?

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad(saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

There is no harm if one buries them.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your Brother in Islam,

Burhan

by the way this is from the islamhelpline.com as i've known it to be, it is a trusted website. double check if you have doubts. inshaAllah this is the best i can get you.

palestine

Servant of Allah
alhamdulillah i got exactly what you're looking for!

Disposing of papers in which Allaah’s name is mentioned
Sometimes we have reading materials in Islam that we need to dispose. Some of them contain verses of the Qur'an in English. Some of them also has the word "Allah" in english. Please advise me on how to dispose them. JAzak Allahu Khairan

Praise be to Allaah.

These papers can be put to good use by giving them to people who can benefit from them, or placing them in a library for that purpose.

If that is not possible, or the papers are not suitable for that purpose, then they may be destroyed by burning or by cutting them up so that the verses of the Qur’aan and the name of Allaah disappear, or they may be buried. If a few words remain there is no harm in that. There are machines that cut paper into long, thin strips (i.e., shredders), which may be used for this purpose. May Allaah help us and you to do all that is good.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

My husband and I have always shredded or recycled all our papers, including those with God's name and prayers in them (all the newspapers here in Kuwait have at least SOME some these, everyday!).

Currently, we bought a cross-cut shredder and will be starting a compost bin with the paper (combination of being shredded and buried, I guess, as well as being re-used).

Lana