Bush running for First Election VS. The Bush we all love

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalmu Alaykum
Here's a video from the Daily Show pitting George W. Bush from 2000 (when he was running against then Vice President Al Gore for Presidency) and the George W. Bush we all know and love.

[yt]LHB_NRIojho[/yt]

Amazing how 3 years of being the leader of the then most respected and powerful nation on the Earth can change a man, huh?

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2: noble brothers and sisters,

While I did laugh along with the audience (and I needed to after a 12 hour work-day)... something else quickly follows: Disbelief and anger.

How are these people making a joke of this?! This is not funny, this is a serious problem! Your president is a crook, a liar, and continues to lie to this day about almost everything he talks about.

Hello? Anybody in America home? Please, come away from the Movie Theatres, get out of your fancy and convienient cars, put down that catchy iPod music and think really hard: Does this man still deserve to rule over your country? Is what he's doing impacting you? Is what he isn't doing impacting you? What about what & how he's doing to others in far away places?

This entire situation makes me so frustrated. Alhamdulilah, I'm a Muslim and Goerge Bush isn't; that's all I have to say. ;-) I hear it's "hotter than Hell" in Texas, Mr. Bush... maybe oneday soon you'll find out for sure.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
We can do nothing but make a joke of it, unless we want to end up in some prison.

The Patriot Act allows the government to spy on Americans without telling ANYBODY and if we are doing anything that can make them suspicious (such as reciting the Qur'an), we can be arrested and put in prison without a trial. A Police State, if you will.

According to the Patriot Act, I am a terrorist! It is against the law to J-Walk (cross the street without using a crosswalk), and the Patriot Act declares all who break any law a "Domestic Terrorist". Remember that it's also a law to obey one's parents if one is under 18, and I wasn't doing that by becoming a Muslim, therefore making me a terrorist.

It doesn't happen often because people are too scared to do something more than rally against Bush for fear of the above happening. The only thing we can do is run for Congress, and even then Bush can veto whatever Congress decides (but then again, Congress could still vote it in...).

allmuslimsrequal

Its true what New Muslim is saying! I am very anti-Bush, but there is a dark veil of fear surrounding anyone who wants to think for themselves or wants to dislike the politics of Bush. Cowardly people begin to say that if you do not support Bush- then you support terrorism.

But in my opinion- THIS IS TERROR. Not being able to even voice your opinion without fear, not being able to hate and mistrust your own leader- who we are supposed to elect or impeach. We are not given that freedom anylonger. Now- thinking bad things about our government is equal to treason!