But... I need more

hznaz

again, I need more

where do I begin?

but, I need more

soon my eyes are blinded by all I have seen in dream... turning desires of the heart

I do not know how to say this or where to start

see before me is who I do not see... there before me is a man praying bent on the ground alone and I cannot see him, can only hear him... but to me his tongue is strange and out of range... I may have heard him wrongly... the only words I understood of what he said at that time is

Give me more! his voice shouted strongly

Give me more?

all around me are sounds and scents... he before me he was bent... facing the sunrise I could not see but I could smell the scents and hear the sounds all of it good. So I stood... quietly...

give me more...

I am blind... how could I walk around this man bent before me like a boulder... I did not wish to disturb his prayer and I felt I have already invaded his peace

give me more...

a blind man cannot help but hear the sounds around him... all I heard was give me more

how long would he pray?

for a moment...

when my eyes opened, my blindness was gone

I heard my voice recite

give me more

that man was me, wait what was I saying... what was I praying?

But... I need more

what is it that I needed?

when I was blind I could hear the waters of the well... the rivers, and the seas... what a blind man sees

I could hear the birds and the wind on the trees... what a blind man hears

I was looking inside myself and deeply I wanted for more...

what are the pleasures of life?

why is it only when I see and desire, I am blind?

I no longer knew my own speech... I could only hear myself... yet what was out of my reach?

give... me... more

Allah gives without ever asking, 'What for?' for he knows all that I would ever need.

WHAT MORE DO I NEED?!

is there no shame in me to ask for reward without deed, is my prayer always the same?

to remember... when I was a child I had simple pleasures, dearest to my heart was to please my Mother.

If I asked at all it was always for my Brother

I prayed to the One God where before and after there is no other
Allah for my comfort created the heavens and the earth... for my comfort created the stars, the sun, the moon, the universe, and everthing within for my sake so I can live and breathe with ease... what more do I need?
now I beg please give me more

now I am without work... my rent is late... my car broke down... I do not take a wife... despite no child to feed... I recite, my life needs much more or I'll die without.

so even as an adult like a spoiled child, I say give me more... is this how to pray? be it as it may I did not like myself so much this way. And even so my God is merciful and I have all I have asked. I lack for nothing but the desire. I have a mountain of sins above my head yet I add to it... more.

again to remember... as a child growing up my imagination was as wild as my curiousity at seven, I did not need much to even play... a simple wind would blow the trees and the old leafs would rain down before me with my hands stretched out and a smile of awe on my face. just watch, maybe I could catch eleven!

I knew and respected all of God's creations, all he had done, all for the benefit of me
to hear me then

"My God is a lover of Justice!"

"My God is a lover of Mercy!"

how could I forget all of this and only think of me now?

all the mercy and blessings I have ignored... all the things created for me to live... none of which above, are part of a reward but all part of his love.

If I am not thankful in prayer, who would be for my sake

If I am not grateful in prayer, who would be for my sake

I have more than I would ever need... a richness in poverty that only a blind man sees, the surely make me blind or wake me from the start of forgetfulness

when I awake

everywhere I turn I saw his Art, his creations full of details to feed and fit all that I would ever need.

So just now during my prayer

Allah. I have forgotten... please forgive me as even in my laziness I feel the pains of greed in my heart.

Allah you alone created it all for me... to make it easy... help me to remember that all the pleasures in this life are simply the many ways I have to remember your Greatness and Mercy.

O'Merciful as I am reminded of you. I pray that I may see in me, your creation at this moment as thankful.

as I am reminded of you, help me see in me, your creation as gratefully grateful

when my faithful eyes grow blind, make it each day easy to remember YOU more... even before I remember what I may need. Ameen

-nazaire

Sometimes I just want to pray to be more at peace and content. Thankful for all that I have found in Islam that helps me to remember Allah.

We are all blessed.

Salaams :)

kubra_2002

Allahu Akubar!!!!!
salaam

:salam2: sister, mashallah what a poem, jzk keyran for sharing, true that,we should thank Allah for what He had bellesed us with from health to wealth, then He surely will give us more inshallah

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
mashallah..very beautiful an dheart touchin gpoem
thank you for sharing it
May ALLAH bless you.Ameen
:wasalam:

tajuldeen

Sister
MashaAll-h! This was truly an AMAZING piece. I love it! ....and I agree. We are ALL truly BLESSED. May we come to recognize all that He has given us. Ameen!