Buying a house - mortgages

sal12

Salaam. I have recently listened to a few islamic speakers, scholars, sheikhs (whatever you're meant to call them) talking about how haraam mortgages are, i mean there isn't even a way around it! I REALLLLY need to start looking to buy a house but I'm so scared of committing a sin and I don't know what to do. Paying rent is twice the price of a house that I could buy so that just seems silly to pay rent when I could afford a mortgage.

The speakers that I listened to were on youtube such as Nouman ali Khan Mufti menk, Khalid yasin so really well known knowledgable speakers so I cant just ignore what they have said.

What do I do?? I live in the UK so taking out a mortgage is the only way other than paying rent which will cost more.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Would Allah still punish us for RIBAH/interest even though the whole world is engulfed in it?

Islam and Money
Written by Imran Nazar Hosein
Allah will hold you to account for that Riba which you can avoid even if you had to flee to the mountains sides where rain falls and take with you some sheep and goats.

Imran Hosein - THE PROHIBITION of RIBA (Interest) [FULL VIDEO]

This shaykh has deep understanding of the harm of RIBA. After listening to his lecture I understood why Allah SWT has declared war on people who deal with RIBA, because these people give power to control money to money landers who in turn put people in slavery and hardship and also can finance a war just by printing unlimited amount of money and kills those who oppose them. And the blood of those innocent people are also on the hands of those who give them RIBA/interest on borrowed money.

Those who willingly cooperate with them for a small worldly gain will be with Abu Lahab and Abu Jahal in hellfire because they also financed the war against believer.

Allah SWT is not only very merciful but also stern punisher.

Last edited: