Can anyone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guide_me

Where do I start?
I'm a 22 year old female, from London and i feel so lost and empty.
I have realised that Islam is the truth and I would love to revert. I know I need to take Shahada, but I need some guidence.

I have no muslim friends, so i cant ask anyone for help. I know for a fact that my family will disown me, but I'm not happy the way i'm living my life at the moment. I am an only child, and I know it will hurt my parents if I revert to Islam. When I do revert to Islam, I will have no one to help me or support me, I will be thrown onto the streets.
Ive spoken to my best friend about me reverting and he said he will disown me too.

I feel such peace when I hear the Quran being recited. All I can do is reaserch over the Internet about Islam or watch the Islam Channel on TV when my family have gone to bed.

There is one thing I would like to know, would I have to change my name? I know I would have to change my first name, but do I have to change my last name? Also once I find the strength to take Shahada, will i be given anything to confirm that I am a Muslim?

I will be VERY greatful for any replies.

Thank you

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Dear guide_me,

Welcome to TTI!!! Hopefully, we will be your new family. Allah has guided you to the right path. Once you embrace Islam, Allah will support you and take care of you. Believe me, amazing things will happen. Unfortunately, I`m not from the UK, but I know many brothers and sisters in this forum are, and will definitely tell you where to go. Just keep in touch with TTI.

How do you tell your parents that you`ve become a muslim?

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6808

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
welcome Here sister..

welcome to TTI..enjoy ur stay..

1st : u can Hide ur islam..as the start..u don't need to told All ur family or ur friends u 'll muslim..u do that only 4 sake of Allah..n make only Allah is the witness on ur islam..

Alhamdulillah u know why islam ? is the Turth..

islam is the religion of Allah

Surely the (true) religion with Allah is Islam, and those to whom the Book had been given did not show opposition but after knowledge had come to them, out of envy among themselves; and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning. (3 :19 )

islam is the religion accepted by Allah

And whoever desires a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers. ( 3 :85)

about take Shahada ..You have to do it: do it and don’t hesitate

The Shahada can be declared as follows:

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH".

The English translation is:

"I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah

With regard to your name, if it has no meanings that involve Shirk (associating others with Allaah) or Kufr (disbelief), then it is permissible for you to keep your name (see: Muslim Names.. )

sister..Don't forget All us with u n All us here ur family..

i leave u in care of Allah

may Allah direct All us to the right path..n Reward All us paradise n All us meet there..

peace,

islamicfajr

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Dear Sister 'guide_me',

You dont have to be thankful for our replies to you, infact it is our duty to help you as much as possible, and this duty has been given to us by Allah SWT.

Its really great to know that you have been blessed by the Only Creator of this universe that your heart is turned.

You said:
>>I am an only child, and I know it will hurt my parents if I revert to Islam.

I can understand that, and can feel the pain of being in trouble with your loved ones. But the matter is that our parents wont be happy if they see you in trouble in your next eternal life, would they? They just dont know it so they dont accept it.

Also on the other hand, it is not neccessary that your parents throw you on street. Please have a look at some videos in this website. People who converted to Islam often had to face the problems from their relatives etc., but with the passage of time most of cases settle. There might be very rare case when parents of the only child expell him/her.

Everybody in this world is responsible towards his Creator the most. There will be not parents coming to save you from hell on the judgement day, only your faith and your good deeds will be checked. So better chose the eternal peace, instead of the peace of few years of life in this temporary world.

I still say, it is very painful to face that your own parents dont like you, But you must not even change yourself instead you should even invite your parents to Islam too (afterwards) but politely with respect.

Keep in mind, there is nobody closer to a person than the Creator of this universe, and there is nobody except that Creator to which you have to return to. That Creator is Allah SWT.

The more you stay afirm in trabulation the more reward you get from Allah SWt and I pray the more higher place you will get in Jannah being successful.

When such a person like you converts to Islam and declares, then he get strong reaction from the people around him, but the with the passage of time the strength of reaction reduces and people make it part of their life and start to accept you gradually.

I would request the Brothers in this website who live in UK, to help you contact some Islamic organization in London.

One more thing !!

1- To become Muslim, You dont have to take anything except you have to say Shahadah. You can become a Muslim in 1 minute.
2- You can become Mulsim but can remain a hidden/silent Muslim and can declare to your parents later on.
3- Allah has much more right than that of your boyfriend. Does he care enough that he will accept you as Muslimah and even change his religion? ofcourse not, then it obviously means that his religion is more important for him than you. So you should not have any problem in giving more importance to religion than your boyfriend.

Wassalaam,
VE

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Peace be upon You

Dear Sister welcome to Islam and welcome to TTI ...... i am really happy that u have found the truth and the sign is yr will to give everything up for the sake of Allah, may Allah accept u and reward u with his pleasure.
Allah says in the Quran

And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.
(Al-Ankaboot)

Allah also says

But Allah has endeared the Faith to you, and has made it beautiful in your hearts, and He has made hateful to you Unbelief, wickedness, and rebellion: such indeed are those who walk in righteousness;-
(Al-Hujrat)

and look finally that u have tried, u are here. now ask Allah to give u strength as Allah has told us to do

Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
Show us the straight way,
The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

( Al-Fatiha)

May Allah shower his mercy and blessings on u sister and open ur heart to the beauty of Islam. Hearty congratulations and a welcome once again to the Ummah
Ma'sslaam

Noor to shine

Dear sister:

Just as our brother told you don t need to tell your family at the start ......hide your faith ....but try to be as Allah swt wants you to be towards your parents ,,,most loving and most kind ....who know? may be when they see the positive change in your life they understand that Islam is the truth........and try to learn how to pray .....islam is a dynamic godly cure to all our illness and our way to Paradise by the mercy of Allah.......your creator is showing you the way .......so dear sister never turn away.:SMILY139:

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

StandTALLforALL

hope this works

Assalaamu'Alaikum​

Guide_me,

Welcome. i just registered to turntoislam.com to reply to your post. i am not much for forums and blogs, i dont even know the difference between them.

anyways... i just wanted to share w/ you that as far as i am concerned you are in 'a state of islam' already. technically you are muslim because your intention is to islam. you would merely take the shahada to publically voice your reversion to islam. basically you can wait for the reversion for now. until you have backup from the backlash you may get from your community by accepting islam. even when you join islam formally/publically you are encouraged to take it slow so you would not overwhelm yourself.

after joining islam you may find that your life might get more difficult as it seems that islam would put more 'restrictions' on you... so you have to understand and accept this challange knowing its for the pleasure of our mutual creator. i was born a muslim so i am sure i cannot relate to your situation, but i was raised most my life in the US so i can guess you are going through some emotional state as i saw others in the state face what you are as they attempted to enter islam.

i pray for you and wish that you become the best of muslims not just by name but by actions to lead all of us. you may have heard that one of the main benefits of accepting islam is that all your past sins are forgiven so this is also to motivate you to be as pious as any human that ever walked the earth. so please accept this challange and don't rush it... you will feel when its right to take your shahada and when to tell your family.

also know that your parents are just as important to you after shahada as they are right now, even if they show a negative reaction to this... you are to guide them to islam in due time also. you would now be not only a servant of Allah, but also as a blessing be given the right to invite others to what you are blessed with.

regards,
ANF

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
more information for you sister

Dear Sister (Salams),

i would like to congratulate you because ALLAH the ALMIGHTY has chosen you.

Dear Sister Life is toooooo short, turn to ALLAH, Live your life to ALLAH Commandments, Instructions, Will and live life as Islam Says and you will only know the reality when one passes away of all that he/she has earned by pleasing/loving/fearing ALLAH, which is Jannat with the Merci of ALLAH.

• Fear ALLAH, Please ALLAH, Love ALLAH our creater.

• [*]Be patient ALLAH loves the pateint ones.

Take care sister - I Leave you in the care of Allah.

Imad

Welcome to the forum,

I want to say it's very easy to become a muslim. Say the shahada as soon as possible. We don't know when we will return. I want to share with you the following story

-------------------------------------

He Reverted to Islam then Died

A Muslim scholar, Sheikh Muhammad Farraj, continuously invited an Indian Sikh (who used to live in Saudi Arabia) to Islam. He (the Sikh) neither refused nor accepted the idea because of his family.

Then one day Allah opened his heart to Islam, he came to the sheikh in his mosque to embrace Islam. The sheikh was busy with his students and some Du'ah (Muslim missionaries who invite people to the worship of Allah).

Sheikh Muhammad did not know that the man wanted to enter Islam so he did not give him any attention and he left the mosque with his students.

The man, who wanted to enter Allah's religion, remained standing at the door of the mosque watching the sheikh and his students driving their cars and moving away. On that sight he could not prevent himself from crying and burst into tears. While he was standing weeping at the door of the mosque, a young man who lived in the same quarter passed by him.

He asked him about the reason of his crying and the Indian replied that he wanted to be a Muslim.

The young man (May Allah reward him the best) took him to his house. He made him perform ablution (wudoo) and say the two testimonies (None deserves to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger). The Indian left after he said the testimony and it was about the dusk prayer (Al-Maghrib). Then he went to his room and suffered from a severe stomachache.

The young man came to sheikh Muhammad and told him the whole story. The sheikh regreted what he had done though he was ignorant of the matter. He went to the Indian's room, but his colleagues told him that he had died last night and he was then in the morgue of the Central Hospital. The sheikh went with some Du'ah to the hospital to receive his corpse, but the hospital refused stating that the embassy had sent to his family in India and they would receive his corpse to be burnt there. The sheikh objected saying that the man became a Muslim and there were witnesses to that, but still the hospital refused.

Sheik Muhammad went to Sheikh Abd Al-Aziz Bin Baz (May Allah have mercy upon him) and told him the whole story. Sheikh Abd Al-Aziz said that the Indian should not be given to his family as he became their brother in Islam; they should pray on his corpse and bury him there. He should not be given to the unbelievers. Sheik Abd Al-Aziz sent a copy of the subject to the emirate and requested an order to give the corpse to sheikh Muhammad Farraj.

The emirate ordered the hospital to give the corpse to Sheikh Muhammad and he received it. Some Du'ah washed the man and put him in his coffin. The funeral prayer coincided with Al-Jumu'ah (the Friday congregational prayer). Sheikh Muhammad gave a wonderful oration on the one who embraced Islam then died without making one prostration to Allah. He stated in the first oration some similar examples from history, then he stated in the second one the story of the Indian man upon whom they would pray after Al-Jumu'ah. The Muslims prayed upon him, then they carried him upon their shoulders and they all went to the graveyard led by many Du'ah and scholars.

It was a moving scene, May Allah accept him and have mercy upon him.

-------------------------------

What i want to say is: May Allah help you

Thanks

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Brother Imad, its really a very very very big Blessing of Allah on that person who converted to Islam on the last day. Same as that Ex-Spy of russia who was converted at his bed just before dying. Subhanallah,

Wassalaam

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

Assalamu Alaykum Sister,

First of all I do not think that you parents will disown you. They might hate you in the beginning but they will definitely not throw you on the streets. Second do not be worried. We are all here to help you and we all your brothers and sisters. Below is information about name changing.

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

It is preferable for a Muslim to give his child a name that has a good meaning and expresses that child’s Islamic identity. However, it is not unlawful to give a child a non-Arabic name. Many Muslims give their children Persian or Turkish names and there is nothing wrong with this. It is forbidden, however, to give a child a name with the express intention of imitating or identifying with the unbelievers.

A person who accepts Islam is under no obligation to change his name unless his name conveys a bad meaning. If his name conveys a bad meaning, he should change it even if it is an Arabic name. The Prophet (peace be upon him) changed the names of some of his Companions who had bad names, even though those names were in Arabic. In the early centuries of Islam, non-Arabs who entered Islam were not requested to change their names unless their names had bad meanings. The practice of converts changing their names is a custom that developed much later.

Any name which conveys any specific religious meaning for any religion besides Islam must be changed to any other normal and reasonable name. Therefore, the name Christina should be changed.

Otherwise, a new Muslim may change his name only if he wishes to. We must point out that he may only change his given name. It is unlawful for him to change his family name. Changing the family name is a mistake many new Muslims make.

In Islam, the Middle name is generally the first name of the child’s father and it indicates the child’s parentage. It would be best to change one's middle name to one's father's first name if it is not that already.

A

addan

hi sis

sallaamu alakum
hi sis the muslims all revart to allah
the allah sand 1 religen and that was muslim
sow i understand what u saying
but if u revart to allah that's no mean change u religen becouse alah send
one religen and that sow muslim
so what u change nothing change
sow sis u have to understand allah chage u
no u mother our father our freind so we make u dua insha allaah:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:
sallaamu alakum and sorry my poor english
i hope u understand i saying

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Shahadah (Declaration of Faith)

A Muslim expresses his/her faith (Iman) in the following words:
Ash-hadu anla ilaha illal-Lahu Wahdahu la Sharika Lahu wa-ash-hadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu

The English translation of the Shahadah is as follows:
I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, the One, without any partner. And I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and His Messenger.

The declaration of faith consists of two distinct parts, i.e., the absolute belief in the Unity of Allah (God) and the belief in the Holy Prophet Muhammad as a mortal human being and the Messenger of Allah.

Islam's fundamental belief is the Unity of God. All other beliefs hang on this belief. Therefore the acknowledgement and 'bearing witness' of this is the key to the Muslim faith. Unless this is observed one cannot be a Muslim. A Muslim accepts Allah as the only God, and only Master, Lord and Ruler with no partner sharing in any way His Being, Powers and Attributes. He is One; He is Unique; He is not the father of any one, nor He has or had any father. He is Almighty and Self-Sustaining. He is there forever, and will be there forever.

A Muslim believes in Allah as the Ruler and must not disobey Him. In fact everything that exists in the universe obeys Him. He is the Fashioner of all the Universes that may exist.

The belief in the Prophet Muhammad (on whom be peace) as the servant and Messenger of Allah completes one’s faith. The Holy Prophet was the greatest of all the Prophets of Allah, yet he was only a human being with no share in Divinity. This is a very important belief that keeps Muslims from associating partners with Allah. This part of the Declaration of Faith where reinforces the first part of Allah being the only Supreme Being with no partners also establishes the absolute authority of the Holy Prophet as the Messenger of Allah, who must be obeyed as well in all the matters of faith. The Holy Prophet is the last prophet who brought us the last Book (the Holy Quran) to be followed. He lived among his people for a long time and his life is documented in utmost detail. He lead his followers by example. The way he lived his life and admonished his followers to live their lives is called Sunnah of the Holy Prophet. The second part of the Declaration of Faith makes obeying and following the advice of the Prophet Muhammad equally important to the belief in absolute Unity of Allah. This declaration make one to completely submit to the Will of Allah and that is why one who declares this belief is called a Muslim - one who completely submits to the will of Allah.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Pillars Islam

Ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: "Islam is based on five articles:

1. To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship save Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah.

2. To observe Prayer (Salat).

3. To Pay Zakat (Alms giving)

4. To perform the Pilgrimage to the House of Allah (Hajj).

5. To Observe fasting during Ramadhan." (Bukhari)

Abdullah ibn Amr bin Aas, may Allah be pleased with them, relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said:

"A Muslim is one against whose tongue and hands other Muslims are secure, and an Emigrant is one who departs from what Allah has forbidden." (Bukhari

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Salat

Salat is one of the five pillars of Islam, it is a most important constituent of the faith. It is prayer of a very high level. The Holy Quran repeatedly enjoins the offering of salat and indeed declares it to be a fundamental trait of a believer. The benefits of salat are countless. The Holy Quran says:
"And enjoin Prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not for provision; it is We that provide for thee. And the end is for the righteous".

Salat strengthens man's spiritual faculties. It is the best way to form a relationship with one's Creator. It purifies one's spirit, and through it, constant remembrance of Allah delivers one of the self that incites to evil.

God created man to worship Him and salat is the most excellent kind of worship.

The Holy Quran also says:
"Recite that which has been revealed to thee of the Book, and observe Prayer. Surely, Prayer restrains one from indecency and manifest evil, and remembrance of Allah indeed is the greatest virtue. And Allah knows what you do." (29:46)

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, relates that he heard the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings be on him, say:
"Tell me if one of you had a stream running at his door and he should take a bath in it five times every day would any dirt be left upon him? He was answered: No dirt would be left on him. The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be on him) observed: This is the case of the five prayers. Allah wipes out all faults in consequence of them." (Bukhari)

As for the punishment of not observing the salat, all matters of reward and punishment rest solely with Allah.

Jabir, may Allah be pleased with him, relates that he heard the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, say:
"Giving up prayer is tantamount to disbelief and associating partners with Allah." (Muslim)

Five Daily Prayers
Salat, the obligatory Muslim prayer, is said at appointed time fixed in relation to the sun's position. The time of Fajr, the morning prayer begins at dawn and ends just before sunrise. The time of Zuhr, the midday prayer, begins after the sun has crossed the zenith point and has begun to decline. The Asr prayer is said when the sun has further advanced in decline, in the late afternoon. The time of the Maghrib prayer begins immediately after sunset. It lasts till dusk. The Isha prayer can be said after dusk has finally disappeared, giving way to darkness of the night.
Fajr Zuhr Asr Maghrib Isha'

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Saum
FASTING
Along with salat, another important form of worship is fasting. It is obligatory for each Muslim, apart from some exemptions, to fast in the month of Ramadhan. During the hours of fasting, food and drink and conjugal relations between husband and wife are forbidden. It is enjoined that during fasting one should pay attention to remembrance of God and study the Holy Quran in abundance. One should try to curtail one's worldly pastimes as much as possible during Ramadhan, and to be particularly inclined towards charity and alms giving.

Human life is dependent on food and drink and the continuation of the human race depends on the marital relationship. While fasting one refrains from them both, as if bearing witness to God that for His pleasure man gives up the factors (temporarily) upon which his very existence depends. The various other benefits of fasting are that man gets to exercise sacrificing physical comfort and to endure hunger and thirst. Fasting creates a sense of equality between the rich and the poor. By developing an appreciation of hunger and thirst, it makes the well-off think of the needs of the poor and impresses a feeling of compassion in their hearts. It makes them appreciate, through the practicality of it, the state a human being endures when hungry and thirsty. Ramadhan is a most effective and excellent means of spiritual development for mankind.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Zakat
ALMS T THE POOR
Zakat (Alms giving) is a part of devotion enjoined upon Muslims by the Holy Quran. It is a means where the well-off pay a set amount of their wealth. Zakat means to purify oneself. It is obligatory on Muslims to pay a little percentage of their accumulated wealth towards Zakat, which is used for the benefit of the needy and the poor. Zakat is not levied on one's property that is in personal use, rather on the assets which have a means of increasing and which are surplus to one's needs. It is a means of social justice and order. It teaches sympathy of the highest order.

guide_me

Thank you everyone for your help and advice. i have been crying all day because i am not at peace with myself, i feel so depressed.
I come from an Asian background and it is seen to be a very bad thing if one reverts to Islam. My father is very strict and my mother will just listen to him. They will kick me out! I have no money or anything to support myself.
I have no one to help me and to teach me about Islam. I really need to find some sisters that are willing to help me, but i have no muslim friends at all. This is another reason I feel so lost. There is no one out there to guide me to the right path. I havent even been to a Mosque, there is one near my house, but i feel scared going by myself. I drive past it everyday and long to go in.
i feel so empty inside. Sometimes i feel that why have i been put in such a situation? this is so hard for me

Status
Not open for further replies.