Can anyone living in birmingham help me please!

lazim

Asalam alaikum,

Im planning to move to birimingam soon and do not know the city at all. Can someone advised me of a nice p[lace to live please. Be as honest as you can and bear in mind Im married with 3 kids, one of whom is at junior school and the other about to start nursery. So needs to be near good schools as well as driving distance to halal meat shops and mosques etc.

I know the following areas have halal facilities and mosques, saltley/alum rock, sparkhill, sparkbrook, Kings Heath and Small Heath but dont know what they are like to live in!

Masalam

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

if you have the money.....get to kings heath, they have good schools, only a short ride on the bus to either english shops and muslim shops. nice community - ive never any problems here in niqab etc.

most muslims in the area are well educated and are nice people.

saltley/small heath/ sparkies= ghetto

:wasalam:

AAZ

umm hussain

if you have the money.....get to kings heath, they have good schools, only a short ride on the bus to either english shops and muslim shops. nice community - ive never any problems here in niqab etc.

most muslims in the area are well educated and are nice people.

saltley/small heath/ sparkies= ghetto

AAZ

Asalam alaikum

Is ghetto good or bad by definition a ghetto is an area, usually within a city, in which members of a particular cultural, ethnic, religious or national group live in high concentration, whether by choice or by force; "ghettoization" refers to the process of making an area into a ghetto
www.ideels.uni-bremen.de/glossary.html

Considering that Small Heath/Sparkhill are large Muslim populations why would these not be recommended by you to another Muslim sister. There are very good Muslim schools and Nurserys as well suggested to me by some Imaam at the Green Lane Mosque. Ghetto in my opinion was a word used by colonialists to segragate everyone else who wasnt like them.

Are the areas you mention simply ghetto because poor, migrant sometimes illeterate Muslims live there not necessarily by choice, and not forgetting some can be very educated deen wise and can be very nice people. Forced to come into the country because of fear of persecution etc Please explain I don't understand.

amyaishazouaoui

I actually live in fraggle rock myself :p

I will give you an example of why i dislike the area.
My neighbours cannot speak english. They dont reply salams. I go to the shops and guess what, little english, no reply of salams. People drop their rubbish o the floor and spit everywhere. I have taught in schools in the area and quite frankly then non muslim kids are much better. I have never heard of 11 year old using words like "pimp" and "nigger" reguarly like kids in thi area do. I have also lived in small heath, again, only niqabis return salam, and reverts. I can not tell you the amount of unwanted male attention that I have recieved ( I wear niqab and a big batman jilly) it is horrible. I prefer kings heath/ moseley hall green because i have never been approached by a man there, other than to help me and my son in the push chair. The schools in that area are some of the best in birmingham, hall green jnrs, colmore, king david (jewish school) and the senior schools, hall green, camp hill schools.

I know of many teachers who have worked in the schools in the "muslim" areas and it is described as gang on gang warfare, with regular occurances of pupils bringing knives to school etc.
In the more affluent suburbs such as kings heath this is a less frequent occurance (these are the areas where i am doing my teaching prac)

There are vice and drug probelms everywhere, but in the "muslim" areas they are more in your face. I regualrly find needles and see people shooting up and dealing in this area. Theres a dealer 2 doors down from me!!!

I would not send my son to a school in this area, it was not my choice to live in this area and I intend to move out ASAP. When i lived in royal leamington spa, wearing my batman jilly, things were alot better!!!! Less drugs, more politeness, no "visible vice".

Its just a personal view. Your choice at the end of the day............. get your own car too, then you dont have to get stoned on the bus on the way to work in the morning!!!!

visionusman

being content

I actually live in fraggle rock myself :p

I will give you an example of why i dislike the area.
My neighbours cannot speak english. They dont reply salams. I go to the shops and guess what, little english, no reply of salams. People drop their rubbish o the floor and spit everywhere. I have taught in schools in the area and quite frankly then non muslim kids are much better. I have never heard of 11 year old using words like "pimp" and "nigger" reguarly like kids in thi area do. I have also lived in small heath, again, only niqabis return salam, and reverts. I can not tell you the amount of unwanted male attention that I have recieved ( I wear niqab and a big batman jilly) it is horrible. I prefer kings heath/ moseley hall green because i have never been approached by a man there, other than to help me and my son in the push chair. The schools in that area are some of the best in birmingham, hall green jnrs, colmore, king david (jewish school) and the senior schools, hall green, camp hill schools.

I know of many teachers who have worked in the schools in the "muslim" areas and it is described as gang on gang warfare, with regular occurances of pupils bringing knives to school etc.
In the more affluent suburbs such as kings heath this is a less frequent occurance (these are the areas where i am doing my teaching prac)

There are vice and drug probelms everywhere, but in the "muslim" areas they are more in your face. I regualrly find needles and see people shooting up and dealing in this area. Theres a dealer 2 doors down from me!!!

I would not send my son to a school in this area, it was not my choice to live in this area and I intend to move out ASAP. When i lived in royal leamington spa, wearing my batman jilly, things were alot better!!!! Less drugs, more politeness, no "visible vice".

Its just a personal view. Your choice at the end of the day............. get your own car too, then you dont have to get stoned on the bus on the way to work in the morning!!!!

This might be a true account of most muslim communities in the UK. May God help us all.

Globalpeace

Banned
Boys will be Boys!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I have no idea exactly where AAZ lives but I am perhaps 40 miles from her.

A few months ago 300 yards from the Mosque a few Muslim boys were spotted with a White Girl on practising & trying to take her Bra off, while she stood giggling in plain sight of Sisters walking!

I WENT BALLISTIC!

I made sure that the message was conveyed that if anything like that EVER happens that they will find themselves in the hospital with multiple fractures!

But drugs, prostitution, blatant making out and stuff like that are realities of poor Muslim communites in UK (particularly Birmingham) & I have no HOPE of situation getting better anytime soon, beacuse Mosques, Imams and leaders can't see anything past their noses!

These are kids of working class poor families with almost no Islamic or formal education and mind you the situation is getting WORSE & not BETTER!

And thats the reality of street life for Muslims in UK.

I pity and feel Sorry for any Sister in Niqaab who has to take a Bus.

I have taught Qur'aan to the kids of one of the biggest drug dealers in this area plus the ONLY reason they respect me & listen to me is because they have seen how much I can bench in the Gym & they know that I am hard!

My kids will go NO-WHERE NEAR any of these lot and my kids will certainly NOT go to the Masjid in my absence!

If anybody thinks of me as racist then be it!

Muawiyah

Asalamualaikum.

If u are going to stay at birmingham, i suggest smethwick.

Smethwick is a calm place with plenty of mosques, and good amount of educaitional centres. Eg Primary and High schools.

I live just down the road from a mosque.

Please consider. Jazakallah.

Walaikumasalam.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
If anybody thinks of me as racist then be it!

Salam
GP I never thought of you as a racist person as Islam forbids it. But this is the second time I've noticed you say "If anybody thinks of me as racist then be it'', so I'm confused do you think you are racist? Or were you ever racist in you past? you don't have to answer publicy but ask yourself.