can anyone tell me

nafeesa

Salaam alaykum,
Can anyone tell me where can i find concordance of the quran .according to alphabets A to Z... online ( but free not to buy ).

Jazak Allah

nafeesa

salaam ,
jazak Allah ..actually what i meant was a sort of glossary where u find a word mentioned in many places in the quran .. how do u find that out .

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
salaam ,
jazak Allah ..actually what i meant was a sort of glossary where u find a word mentioned in many places in the quran .. how do u find that out .

Oh I'm sorry sister...

I honestly don't know...I looked for something like that long time ago and when I failed to find something...I gave it up :(

Inshallah someone else can help you better than I did

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
The best such reference is the Egyptian book, "The indexed dictionary of the words of the noble Quran" by the late Muhammad Fuaad Abdul-Baaqi, may God reward him handsomely. He spent 17 years compiling it by hand as he lived and died before the computer age.

I don't know if it's available online.

Jazaka Allah Khair akhi..

Does the book include *definitions* as well?...because I looked for something like a "Qura'anic Dictionary" of sorts..if this is something of the sort..then you have done me a *huge* favor!...even if it's not available online my parents have friends in Egypt..inshallah they can help..and now that I have a *name* it's easier...

Baraka Allaho Feek

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
It doesn't have definitions. For that you may find another book helpful: "The unfamiliar words of the Quran" (Ghareeb Al-Quran) by Al-Suyooti and I'm sure there are many other, in addition to Arabic dictionaries, such as Al-Mu`jam Al-Waseet.

Mashallah!...you have helped me so much akhi..Inshallah I will look all of these up..and see how accessible they are for me..shokran jazeelan..wa jazaka Allaho khaira ajjaza'a