Can I be really naughty and.....

moqheeta

Assalamu alaikum,
What do you all think ? Do you think it will be justifiable and islamic if I do something to somebody's t v satelite ????? I share a house with a muslim lady, she stays at home all day, because she has to do some writing work. and allllllllllllllllllllllllll day long , her tv runs :angryblue: . and that too in arabic. arabic songs, arabic drama, arabic beauty programmes.
I was wondering ,if I discreetly go and loosen a few wires {which is not that easy I know} from her satellite , will I be sinning. I did tell her so many times, that this idiot box really annoys me, but she carries on with the same.
And as idiot boxes go, so many times, she is not even watching or even listening to the nonsense.
What do you all think?:confused:

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I think you should just leave it be. It sounds like she is lonely and just using it as background sound to fill up the silence. This actually saddens me that she can't be left in peace. Why don't you focus on correcting your own sins instead of concerning yourself with hers?

~Sarah

moqheeta

Salaam,

I think you should just leave it be. It sounds like she is lonely and just using it as background sound to fill up the silence. This actually saddens me that she can't be left in peace. Why don't you focus on correcting your own sins instead of concerning yourself with hers?

~Sarah
walekum salam,
Saarah,
Did i ever mention in my problem , that SHE IS SINNING and I AM NOT. on the other way round, i am more concerned, if I might be sinning if I do something to her property.
So actually you did not actually see my question properly, coz ur answer wud have been 'yes its islamic', or 'no its not islamic'.

buraq

asalam-o-alikum,,

o that is funny, i leave my tv on all day too, because i hate the silence, wounder if i upset anyone,
but no you can not mess with her stuff, your not allowed to tought anothers stuff with out permision,
you could be kind and give her a mp3 filled with all arabic stuff , then you will both be happy,
:hearts:

Sonia88

you live with her, so just go in and turn it down... or put it on mute and hide the remote lol... nah just tell her nicely but firmly, say ive got a headche do me a favour can u turn the tv volume down you sumit lyk that.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
she will fix it and you will be found out ... dont

continue doing nasehah (advice). Present her with a CD with some good lectures/nasheed ... etc. More likely to be useful in the long run.

Sabz42

salaam,
no its not islamic cos u will b tampering with sum1 elses property etc, just go up to her and explain to her that she aint the only one living under this roof and that u wud also like ur peace n quite and that the most she could to is keep the volume low.