CAN I CREATE THE BLOG?

hayat_yahya

Assalammualaikum all :)

I have a question to ask.

A year ago, I created a blog, but I never revealed my name, my personal details, never put any photos on it, never put ANY insensitive material (not that I would ever) and never did anything offensive. When I was reading my friend's blog, my dad got unreasonably angry for reading the blog (when there was nothing offensive about it, my friend was describing her personality); he is really strict, especially in these matters, and he thinks that I may be influenced in revealing my personal life to be read by all, when Alhamdulillah, Allah has guided me all this while and I have never done anything major to disobey my parents in that manner. I love them both and I know Allah Watches over what I do.

Unfortunately, my dad is the kind where we can't really discuss much about these matters because he is too opinionated in thinking he is right, most of the time (didn't mean that in a rude way). He told me I could not make a blog, nor read others' one except for education. Of course, I followed what he asked me to do. Don't get me wrong, he is caring in his own way, just a tad too paranoid.

My question is this. I love and fear Allah and don't want to offend Him. I do want to make a blog about Islam and my viewpoints of how great this religion is in a diary-like manner, inserting some trivial things an average Muslimah might face, so that I can gain a lot of readers to read this interesting blog, Muslim or non-Muslim, Insha'allah. I won't reveal any true personal details (like my name, age, school, address, etc), but I badly want to make a blog so that people can read and understand many misconceptions against Islam. Can I do this, or will Allah be angry with me? Because I feel I am doing it for Him, and not for myself completely (though I love writing and this will be refreshing), and am trying to spread da'wah via the Internet.

What do you think? Please provide some proofs on this matter, if possible.
Thanks very much to all who bothered to read this post, May Allah Bless you all, especially to those who replied. Thanks very much in advance!
Your friend describing her personality in a blog is definitely not a good thing; it leads to haraam. Allahu Alam

Your father loves you and he wants the best thing for you; he is in charge of you in front of Allah so he tries to protect you from the filth of the Dunya. He wants to keep you away from wrong-doings and maintain your sense of haya' i.e. modesty. Through a blog you can easily reveal your nature and it can lead to fitnah.

Also your father right over you is greater than your responsibility of doing Dawah.

Just to add, akhi tariq2005 gave an amazing explanation and advice :mashallah:

lightofnur

Your friend describing her personality in a blog is definitely not a good thing; it leads to haraam. Allahu Alam

Your father loves you and he wants the best thing for you; he is in charge of you in front of Allah so he tries to protect you from the filth of the Dunya. He wants to keep you away from wrong-doings and maintain your sense of haya' i.e. modesty. Through a blog you can easily reveal your nature and it can lead to fitnah.

Also your father right over you is greater than your responsibility of doing Dawah.

Just to add, akhi tariq2005 gave an amazing explanation and advice :mashallah:

Thank you sis, for another piece of lovely advice. Me only concerns were expressed in the post above yours. You simplified a lot of things for me. And, thanks to the amazing, AMAZING replies others have given, I did not blog, though it was against my conscience, I guess *shrugs*. But I guess Allah's Guidance is better anyways! :D

Just to give an update, I've found another means of spreading da'wah; tumblr. However, I don't put any pictures of mine, or anyone I know, nor do I put pictures of living anythings. :D I mostly put in quotes, a bit of my own wordings, and mostly pictures (as I said, not of living things as I'm avoiding them) which do their own narrating. Alhamdulillah, there are followers, and I'm mentioning this only because the amount is greater than it would have been with a blog, per say. I'm not really blogging. :D

Thanks again everyone!