Can I lie in this circumstance ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

So I got one really bad grade on my report card. Which is math that I didn't do very well on. I got a D+ on it which is like , I think, a 67 to a 69 percent. I have to show my dad my grade but im a bit worried. Can I just tell him I got a C-? ,which also I think its from a 70 to a 73 percent.

slave_of_Allah

That is not to bad, tell your father the truth, that is better for you. Don't worry, explain to your father how you much you tried, don't worry, have faith in Allah.

Ebn-El-Islam

before 3 years (I was 16 years old). I told my mother that I got 15/20 while the truth is that i got 11/15. my mother went and bought me something and she said that she's very proud of me. I cried all the night because she did everything to make me happy while i lied at her.

Since Then I hate lying at her, I tell her everything and Thanks to Allah I got a very good grade last year in my final high school year.

so don't Lie just tell him that you'll work harder and make him happy

Abdullah77

So I got one really bad grade on my report card. Which is math that I didn't do very well on. I got a D+ on it which is like , I think, a 67 to a 69 percent. I have to show my dad my grade but im a bit worried. Can I just tell him I got a C-? ,which also I think its from a 70 to a 73 percent.

If you lie, and your father finds out the truth, and there is a great chance that he will find out one day, then he will not belive whatever you say in future and that is really a very hard situation for both father and son. Tell the truth and say that you will work hard in future.
May Allah Suhanuwa Ta'ala make things easy for you.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
yeah its not worth it to lie about that...someday he might figure it out and it might come back to bite u in the.....arm! haha jp but anyway what i used to do is lol..... hide the report card and when they would ask me about it i would say..."well all know the post office is late" which is true about our postal service but it was only a one time thing and they knew i was a good student so they wouldn't be persistant about it...or i would say its not "here" meaning in this "room" lol and they would assume "here" meant home lol...yeah i was a lil tricky sneaky person!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
i advice to say to ur father the truth that u got D+.

if he gets angry tell him that u thought to lie to him but due to fear of Allah and love for him as he is doing so much for you, you dropped the plan of lieing and telling the truth.

inshallah, he'll be lenient with u.

:)