Can I say "I love you" to my non-muslim friends?

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah
I MISSED YOU GUYS!! :hearts:
I've just been really busy with school so I couldnt come on TTI.

Alhumdulillah school is going really well. I've got just a couple of concerns though. Is it okay to say "I love you" to my non-muslim friends? Someone told me it was wrong and that we are supposed to "hate" them for the sake of Allah...??..

Also, my friend's birthday is coming up and I've been invited to her birthday party. I'm obviously not going to go but it wouldnt be nice if I didn't give her a present for her birthday. Is it okay to give money? I'm worried because she might use that money in a wrong wayy.

Thanks everyonee
:hearts:
Wsalaam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

nice to see you posting sister:).

Well i think thats very wrong that someone should tell you we are suppose to "hate" fellow humans.what for??Islam teaches us to be compassionate.Yes we are to hate others only and only for the sake of Allah.incase:

they hinder the way of islam.

they say nasty things about Allah and the prophet:saw:(islam in general)etc.

they cause problem to fellow muslims.or innocents.......etc etc.

that's it(if wrong,i appreciate correction).

i believe she does none

as for giving her a gift sure go ahead.don't tag it as a bithday gift or something.like may be give it on a friday and say you are sorry since you gave her no birthday gift you are giving her a gift on friday which is important day of the week for muslims.there is eid coming up.give her an eid gift later:).

sister you are representing us muslims to her.do it well:shake:

take care:SMILY252:

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
:wasalam: wa rahmatul laahi wa barkatuhu

Its wrong to hate them coz Allah swt Himself instructs us in the Qur'an to treat them with kindness & care, we are to hate them only for the sake of Allah, as mentioned by the sister above..Islam urges all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people. Muslims should have good relations with all people.Islam teaches us to be compassionate with the whole of mankind, regardless of Muslims or not! But only that we are not to take them as patrons or protectors, as the following verse goes;
[Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for your faith, nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them. For Allah loves those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for your faith, and drive you out of your homes and support others in driving you out, from turning to them for protection (or taking them as wali). Those who seek their protection they are indeed wrong-doers.] (Al-Mumtahinah 60: 8-9)
Moreover, Allah Almighty has described Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) as "a mercy" to the worlds. He was a sign of Allah's Mercy to all, Muslims as well as non-Muslims. In his kindness and fair treatment he did not make any difference between the believers and non-believers. He was kind to the pagans of Makkah and fought them only when they fought him.

and am sure u have no such fear from those u refering, :hijabi: , so go ahead & tell them u love them for Allah's sake! :hearts:

as for the gift, Sister SeekingAllah'sMercy have said it all :blackhijab:

Jazakallahu Khairan sisters
Take care :hijabi: