Can muslim force his children to Islam?

TiLK

Hello.

The DUTY of every muslim is to make all what he can to rise his children to be good muslims. But what is he supposed to do when his son / daughter says they are not muslims. Is there something he can do?

abdellah007

" Whosoever goeth right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goeth right, and whosoever erreth, erreth only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load, We never punish until we have sent a messenger. (15) ( AL ISRA 17)

But everyone should rise his children showing them what Islam is, we because will be asked about this in day of judgement. it s their right on parents shoulders.

I will feel disappointed, broken heart if my children told me that.

wa salam.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Start attracting!
You need to tell them all you know about islam, and what good things it can bring them in this life, always talk positive things, and always try to practice islam infront of them.. and have patience with them dont order them around.
Its going to take a while..

If that doesnt work.. You can use a little force and be more firm about it.

may Allah aid you, and guide your children..

mezeren

Hello.

The DUTY of every muslim is to make all what he can to rise his children to be good muslims. But what is he supposed to do when his son / daughter says they are not muslims. Is there something he can do?

:salam2:

if we give our children proper islamic education from the day they were born there is so little chance for them not to follow islam.first of all,we should set a good example as a muslim,the rest will come.children are like mirrors and a clean,white pages.you get what you give.

let's say we are really good muslims and parents but our child rejected islam,:)astag:),well,i think you can not force them to believe,but tell them what is right in a polite and patient manner,and,ofcourse,pray Allah(j.j.) for their return to islam.

don't forget,even the family members of some prophets were non believers.

Phoyage

What advice do you have for me.
Like if I have kids what I should do for them if I move to a western country.
I have lived in the West.
But I was born in KSA

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
You cannot force anyone into Islam, it should be their choice. I dont know their ages, but you should teach them by example first. Teach them, give them books to read, lectures(I recommend Khalid Yasin: Purpose of Life 1 & 2). You do your part, and Allah will guide them to the rest. May Allah keep our children in Islam, Ameen!

Abel213

I'm currently taking Political Science at college and I found a major tip in my studies.

Statistics show that children are highly likely to follow their parents ideology if:

1) Both parents are united and have the same ideology

and

2) If both parents are politically aware and politically active

So marry a Muslim and voice your opinion, your kids will have 80-90% chance of being Muslim too.

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As Salaamu Alaikum, i feel u do ur best @ showing them true Islam and insha ALLAH, ALLAH will guide them, it is not as easy n the us, so many outside influences that corrupt r way of thinking, alittle from here, alittle from there and by the time they r of age they have a distorted sense of what is right.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Think about it..

As a parent, i Have the right to use some force and make a child eat breakfast, go to school, dress decent...etc.
So why not use it for Islam?

Think about it..

A little force to make them become better muslims, Or eternity in Jahannam!!

-------------

At least you can try, So when Allah asks "what have you done about it?", you'll say:"I tried". If you didn't try, You'll be judged as an accomplice.

Bin Mas’ud, may Allah be pleased with him, once heard a man say: "He who does not enjoin good and forbid evil is doomed to perish."

Abi Bakr as-Siddiq, may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said:"There are no people in whose midst sins are committed, and they do not change this situation although it is in their powers to do so, except that Allah will be near to overtaking them all with His punishment."

The Prophet"s (SAW) saying about disapproving with the heart only, that "it is the weakest form of faith", indicates that enjoining good and forbidding evil is one of the aspects of faith.

Abdul-Malik Ibn Omar Ibn Abdul-Aziz used to say to his father: "I wish that we would be boiled in a cooking pot if this would please Allah."

TiLK

I was thinking about this yesterday. There is a punishment for those who are muslims but convert to another religion. And every child born in muslim family is automatically muslim? So if I were muslim and my child says to me "I am not muslim", it means this child left Islam and so I am supposed to punish him. What do you think about this?

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
My opini

Assalamualaikum

I was thinking about this yesterday. There is a punishment for those who are muslims but convert to another religion. And every child born in muslim family is automatically muslim? So if I were muslim and my child says to me "I am not muslim", it means this child left Islam and so I am supposed to punish him. What do you think about this?

"There is a punishment for those who are muslims but convert to another religion?" There is no such punishment

"And every child born in muslim family is automatically muslim? " No

brother, do you know 5 pillar of islam??? the first is Syahadah say "Laa illaha iLlaLLah muhammadurrosullullah" and believe on it,then you are muslim,it was said
born muslim is because our parrent are muslims and we have live in muslim familly, not automatically being muslim, without saying and believe in syahadah

" So if I were muslim and my child says to me "I am not muslim", it means this child left Islam and so I am supposed to punish him",

Brother have you read Quran???did you find any prophet in quran force their disbelieve peoples to have faith??Read about prophet Noah(Nuh)Alaihis salam did he force his son to believe him and force to get his son in the Ark??? No,
his son refuse to believe him...and he died in great flood,did prophet Nuh punish his son???No (Read for more clearly in Quran) :SMILY288::SMILY288:

Khalil2u

I live in the west USA and I force my children to Islam. I smack them if they say or repeat something that is shirk. I show them things in every day life the ayah that Allah gave us. I read to them about the torments of the grave and the hellfire. They are to fear Allah and praise him only. They are to never turn their backs on Islam because a person that does deserves to die. I tell them that if they ever turn their backs on Islam they turn their backs on their mother. Jannah is at the feet of the mothers. What type of mother would I be if I didn't chastise my children for doing bad things. Like lying, stealing and the worst turning their backs on Islam. I would be heart broken if my children chose other than Islam because I will pay for it to. Inshallah my children will keep Islam in their hearts and follow the path of the prophets forever.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
I do not believe anyone can be forced to do anything! With that said you need to tell them as much as you can about Islam, give them evidence and lead them by example. Some may say force them maybe by discipline or whatever the means but I feel that is not a solution. The reason I say that is because if you try to force them and they said okI will be muslim and follow Islam. Is that even good enough? Of course not. To be muslim you must believe in the truth not just say it believe in your heart this is the way. So forcing will not make them believe but you can even push them away further. When we tell about Islam we need to be gentle with people regardless whether they are our children. Strive hard to convince them with the truth of Islam. If a person wants to believe if they and a person will not believe if they want. Inshallah you can guide them on the straight path.

Salam Amirah80

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Every soul is born as a Muslim no matter what household, what faith their parents have until they reach chose to another religion other then Islam.

Now back to your question. First you have to ask yourslef why is a child refusing to be a Muslim. If a child refuses to believe in Islam then its very obvious that you as a parent is failing rise this children in the proper Islamic way. It is also reflection of what kind of Muslim you are. Every child is innocent and their innocent hearts will always follow what is good until they see something they don't like then they change. Or in the case of those Muslims who live in nonMuslim countries who don't take the time to educated their children about Islam while the NonMuslim are explaining their religion to this small innocent mind of your child then will your child refuse to be a Muslim. That child will believe any religion other then Islam is correct because in Islam no one is educate him/her about it so them its easy to believe in something they know rather then something they don't know.
In my opinion rising a Muslim child is not the same as rising a nonMuslim child. It probably is more difficult but its more blessing that is beyond anything in life.

And like others has said no one can force anyone into Islam. Allah SWT is the only who can guide anyone. Someone who refuse to believe in Islam can have more knowledge about Islam then Muslims themesleve yet its not in their fate to accept Islam.

Rashadi

Hello.

Teach them Islam and the purpose of life and there will be a very small chance for them to not become good Muslims. It starts with educating them and they have to know what Islam is. I have met many Muslims who don't even know what Islam means or is all about yet they call themselves Muslims. I wonder if they wouldn't be calling themselves Jews if they were born to jewish parents or any other religion. Having the name Yusuf or abdallah does not make someone a Muslim. Your name could be Robert or Peter and you may be a Muslim while one with an Islamic name is not necessarily a Muslim. I see it a lot where people tell me they are born Muslims but i don't see nothing Islamic about them and I can assure you that they weren't raised with an Islamic education and way of life.

I would say raise them upon Islam, tell them why we do everything we do and what our real purpose of life is and do your best as a Muslim parent. If they grow up, and even after knowing Islam and everything it is about they decide to renounce it, they'll be losers and Allah will deal with them. But I can almost prove that it is rare if not unheard of for a learned Muslim to leave Islam. The few rare cases of "ex Muslims" almost always prove either a fraught or the person was brought up ignorant, lived in a poor country with an oppressive government and never knew what Islam was really about. Could you blame someone for leaving if the person didn't know Islam and all he knew was Saddam Hussein and other so called Muslims? If Muslims are doing Islam, they succeed and if people are doing their part, everything should be okay but it becomes a problem when we are no doing our part.

how do you think the Christian missionaries go to Muslim countries and try to lead people astray? They can only do it if people are ignorant of Islam. There wouldn't have to be fear or a need of a death penalty for apostacy if people knew their deen.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
dear brother if you read the story of Nuh AS then you will see how difficult it can be...i can only imagine how hard it may be for you but if a Prophet of Allah went through this test then we are no special

i can only make du'a for your children to recieve some guidence :inshallah: hoepfully things will turn out well