can someone answer this question for me

fatimamiah

Assalaam Alaykum to you all, I hope this thread meets you all in good health:ma:

I am a little puzzled I have read two threads recently one regarding the plucking of eyebrows and one regarding hair dye. It said clearly that eyebrow plucking is not permissible as you are altering the creation of Allah. However hair dye is permissible (not black hair dye). surely by dying your hair you are still altering the creation of allah. I was created with dark brown hair so if I dye it blonde I have altered my look. Please can someone out there explain this to me as I am very confused.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum Dear Sister,

You have made a few assumptions here:

1) We go by the Qur'aan & Sunnah and base our Islam on evidence and not on our intellect.

We have evidence for the impermissibility of plucking Eye-Brows
We have evidence for the permissibility of dying hair

I understand your confusion from the statement about 'altering the creation of Allah' but if we were to extend your assumptions forwards then we shouldn't:

a) Cut our Nails
b) Remove hair from other parts of the Body
c) Trim our beards
d) Clean our bodies of lice etc.

Because all of the above are Natural proceeses and removing/cleaning them would tantamount to 'altering the creation of Allah' but I am sure that no sane person would accept that!

2) Hair dye was used in the past to die Grey Hair or Henna (Mehndi) was used for beautification and/or to dye Grey Hair...

People didn't go around dying their hair blond if they had dark hair or vice-versa; this is a Fashion statement which is recent; however since in principle women used Henna to dye their hair (obviously Henna dyes your hair a different colour then Black) then the precedence does exist for dying the hair a different shade...if you prefer that kinda thing (I suppose)....

Hope that I have not offended you in anyway but plucking eye-brows and dying Hair are two different phenomenon and the basis for both are evidence from Qur'aan and Sunnah and NOT the principle of 'altering the creation of Allah'; although the later does come into me

Btw! I might have to dye my hair GREEN if Pakistan wins the Cricket World Cup this month!

:) :) :)

Assalaam Alaykum to you all, I hope this thread meets you all in good health:ma:

I am a little puzzled I have read two threads recently one regarding the plucking of eyebrows and one regarding hair dye. It said clearly that eyebrow plucking is not permissible as you are altering the creation of Allah. However hair dye is permissible (not black hair dye). surely by dying your hair you are still altering the creation of allah. I was created with dark brown hair so if I dye it blonde I have altered my look. Please can someone out there explain this to me as I am very confused.

mahdi

IF U HAVE SEEN HADITH AND PROOFS FROM THE QURAN, IT'S NOT PERMISSABLE TO SAY YOUR OPINIONS AND WHAT U THINK OF IT. BUT FOLLOW IT ONLY,,