Can someone please confirm this for me

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

one of my friend told me a hadith he wasn't 100% sure of the hadith but he said its something like this

hadith from the rasool pbuh about how to raise your kids
*its says to teach them from 0-7 years,
be very strict from 7-14
*and after 14 years be very helpful
*but you should almost be their friend by then

Could someone confirm is this is a real hadith and please tell me the real exact hadith i was unable to find it
thank you

Firm_believer123

Asalamo alaykom

I my not have the correct answer but this might help.................

Well let me begin by say ur first child you need to give him lots of knowlegde so he can teach the next child u have and that child can teach the next on INSHALLAH.
2:The child will follow and act like his mother if his mother raise him not so good then he wont be so good
3:SAME WITH FATHER
4:the T.V. most kids follow and act what weird things they watch it is very dangerous to leave the remote with liitle kids with out supervision you dont know what they could be wathching
5: Freinds

one of my friend told me a hadith he wasn't 100% sure of the hadith but he said its something like this

be very strict from 7-14

Could someone confirm is this is a real hadith and please tell me the real exact hadith i was unable to find it
thank you

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous

be very strict from 7-14

thank you

The correct hadith is...The Prophet Muhammad(saw) has said: order your children for salat at the age of 7 and beat them about it at the age of 10yr noble Quran page3 paragr2 if this is not what you were looking for...my limited knowledge only knows of this...And Allah knows best. :shymuslima1:

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Asalamo alaykom

I my not have the correct answer but this might help.................

Well let me begin by say ur first child you need to give him lots of knowlegde so he can teach the next child u have and that child can teach the next on INSHALLAH.
2:The child will follow and act like his mother if his mother raise him not so good then he wont be so good
3:SAME WITH FATHER
4:the T.V. most kids follow and act what weird things they watch it is very dangerous to leave the remote with liitle kids with out supervision you dont know what they could be wathching
5: Freinds

JazakAllah khair brother :) it was very important what you said and i agree with you :) but i was wondering if ther is a authentic hadith regarding wat i said :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
The correct hadith is...The Prophet Muhammad(saw) has said: order your children for salat at the age of 7 and beat them about it at the age of 10yr noble Quran page3 paragr2 if this is not what you were looking for...my limited knowledge only knows of this...And Allah knows best. :shymuslima1:

JazakAllah khair for sharing ur knowledge sister, im not sure if thats wat the person was referring to thank you thou for sharing :) JazakAllah khair :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2: brother, i never came across that hadith.

maybe it was said by a sahaba or a wise man regarding attitude towards our children.

and Allah knows best.

q8penpals

Salam

I am not sure about the hadith, but as a teacher, I can assure you that you should NOT consider yourself your child's "friend" until you are completely sure that you have raised them to adulthood! That is a huge problem today with parents (especially parents with more money, like in Kuwait) - they want to be their child's "friend" and therefore they spoil the child with everything they want and don't discipline their child because they are afraid that their child won't like them. It is not a parent's job to be their child's friend; it is a parent's job to love, teach, train, and discipline their children, to make them good cooperative members of society in as many ways as possible.

soulzcore

Abd-Allah !!
Asak!!
The actual hadith is quoted below..

"Narrated by Abu Dawood (495) from ‘Amr ibn Shu’ayb, from his father, from his grandfather, who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Tell your children to pray when they are seven years old and smack them if they do not pray when they are ten, and separate them in their beds.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood."

More info : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/103420/prayer age