Can u clear my doubt

Hasana jafreen

all praise 2 allah
:salam2:
brothers and sisters.i have a doubt.are we allowed to ask duas for non-muslims.i think we are not allowed but my friend says we can.so can some one say who is correct.:wasalam:

Kakorot

:salam2: sis when u have these questions, i believe that it is best if you ask a sheikh. but from what i know, you are allowed to pray for non-muslims that Allah guides them but when they die you cannot make dua for them at all. This is because once the Prophet salAllahu 'alayhi wasalam sat in front of a grave, that was the grave of his mother-Amina. He started weeping and the sahabah saw him weep, so they too began weeping and then the prophet asked Allah as to whether he can make dua for her because u have to remember that Amina was not Muslim. But Allah SWT did not allow it.

If ur question is that are we allowed to ask non-muslims to make dua for us then this is a bigggg noo noooo. why? think...because they commit shirk and don't believe in Allah and rely on false gods besides Allah The One, The Absolute. Then thats shows that if u ask them to pray for u and u believe that their prayers will be answered, then u yourself can fall into shirk, the major sin which Allah SWT does not forgive. Furthermore, the prayers of the non-believers is not answered, their prayers are in vain; whereas, the prayers, the supplications, the duas of the Muslims is answered if Allah so wills.

I think you, and not just u but me and all Muslims should study Tawheed in depth so that we understand the Oneness of Allah.

Your friend that told u this, next time ask her to show u proof from the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, i.e. Hadiths, or do not believe her. Ask her to bring her proofs if she is truthful. Otherwise how will we know what is rights and what is wrong??

I am no way a scholar, noooo and the answers I gave above are not backed up with the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, i.e. i didn't provide any references, I hope it helped and gave u an idea of what I'm trying to say, however you should still definately contact a sheikh ASAP.

May Allah have mercy on me if I said anything wrong. ameen.

a_stranger

A narration in Musnad Ahmad : “A worshipper does not attain the truth of faith until he loves for the people what he loves for himself of good.”

This hadith shows the humanity of Islam. A person cannot be considered to be fully a believer until he loves for others what he loves for himself. This meaning is not restricted to his fellow Muslims; it applies to all humanity. Indeed, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Love for the people what you love for yourself and you will be a believer.” [Sunan Ibn Mâjah]

At the forefront of what a Muslim should want for others is for them to be rightly guided. He should desire Islam for all humanity just as he desires it for himself. This should inspire him to call non-Muslims to Islam and to call his fellow Muslims to righteousness and piety.

Almeftah

Prophet Mohammad PBUH was know to make Dua for Kufar, For Allah may guide them to islam and so.. But we as muslims cannot ask the Mercy of Allah for them.. Other than that is ok.