Can YOU help us?

Imasoa

:salam2: :hijabi:
I received the wonderful news from a dear sister yesterday that her husband has found financial backing to open a new Islamic school here in Riyadh. Subhan Allah, this is such a blessing, as it's not as easy as you think to find QUALITY Islamic education even here in KSA!

My question-has anyone been involved in opening an Islamic school in their community? Can you give us advice?

We need all the advice we can get, may Allah reward you.

Our school email address:------------

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
I never was part openng islamic school but my advices will be base on the islamic schools my younger brothers go to & their mistakes. First of all you have to get ready for the school year like month before it starts cos you need to let the parents know if have space for the kids ( major problem in islamic schools in my city. they tell you a week or 2 before school starts that there is not any spaces), have to work together & communicate to avoid mistakes, talk to school bus drivers before schools starts this is also a major problem most islamic school don't have transporation the first two week of school, and You need to have parents-teachers conference it is your job to make sure parents come in for it if they can't they have make sure make an appointment to meet with the teachers before the next conferces most islamic schools are not very strict about this as the nonislamic school. The above are few of the mistake my community islamic schools make and i hope it will help you learn from it. May Allah reward all of you for opening islamic school to help our youngers!!! Good Luck and May Allah make it easy for you it isn't easy job.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i would love to see more islamic schools in my area. there aren't any close by to me. sometimes i worry about the building of the new schools because automatically haters of islam start saying that we're creating breeding grounds for terrorism in these schools. you and i both know that isn't true; so these people start fearmongering trying to get the schools closed or not bulit at all.

i pray that all seeking to create islamic schools for the kids are successful and blessed by Allah SWT himself. amin

:salah:

:wasalam:

manofhonour

Dear Brother
Aslamu Alikum,

It was great to hear a new like that the opening of Islamic School, there are very few islamic schools in the the world.
I never was part opening any Islamic school but, there is an Islamic school in India, by the name IIS (Islamic International School) run by IRF (Islamic Research Foundation), they really have a very very good islamic environment in their school. they have some criteria(s) for getting the admission in the school, like one should not have the Cable connection in their home etc. plz visit their site @ "www.irf.net" for more information.

Wasalam

q8penpals

Salam

ONe of the most important things to remember is that the MInistry of education will probably keep their nose stuffed into your school (and SAudi might have a specific ministry department for islamic schools). Even here in Kuwait where things are more relaxed than Saudi, our ministry of education practically harassing the Islamic/Arabic teachers about making sure everything is taught the way the MINISTRY wants it taught.

Not to scare you, and it may be slightly different in Saudi, but Kuwait and saudi are very similar in their governmental set-ups.

Lana