Serious Canadians accused of Algerian gas plant explosion

Fatima Amenda

Allegedly two Canadians fromLondon,Ontario took part in an explosion at a Gas plant inAlgeria.

I’m sickened with the media reporting on this as their reports do not give justice but instead assume guilt without proof and call that reporting and journalism because 'reports' say so.

They say remains of these boys were found but where is the proof, and where is the proof they had plans they were going to blow up this gas plant.

Whenever something happens and a Muslim is involved the media, police and governments say it’s “Islam” or “Islam is the problem” "Islam is extreme" as the media reports about these two boys and said that these boys said ‘Islam was the problem’ because they couldn’t find work.(??)

I don’t believe these boys ever said ‘Islam is the problem’ they couldn’t get jobs because they were Muslim but they probably said something to the effect of Islam faces so much discrimination it was difficult for them to get a job.

Why isn’t Christianity blamed for the gang bangers in the projects who recruit young boys and girls to become drug runners, or players, for their prostitution rings or prostitutes themselves? These gang bangers usually are sporting tattoos of crosses on their body and around their neck, while terrorizing neighbourhoods with their drive bys. I would be safe to say most would be from some sort of Christian background. What about Hollywood with their never ending glamour and adulterous ways while thanking God or Jesus for their success yet their movies and lifestyle are all sex, drugs and rock and roll attitude influencing the masses that follow them, adultery, sex out of marriage, drugs use, etc etc means you’re a free spirit in a free society and life is just a party, ‘Thank God’

Why isn’t Christianity blamed for those who murder/suicide at high schools or so many other types of violence? Why isn’t Christianity blamed for all the women in abuse shelters who come from Christian backgrounds?

See the pattern.

There is no evidence that has been yet to be shown these boys were directly involved, it’s amazing really to watch how much they fear what they don’t’ know so instead they prey on the ignorant who will listen.

Now where will they be when hate crimes start to surface even more against the Muslim community because of lack of intelligence and lack of real journalism?

Maybe they (Christians) should re-read their Bible and find out who the real criminals are.

Do Not Judge
1Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with what judgment you judge, you shall be judged: and with what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why behold you the mote that is in your brother's eye, but consider not the beam that is in your own eye? 4Or how will you say to your brother, Let me pull out the mote out of your eye; and, behold, a beam is in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye. 6Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast you your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.” Matthew 7:1-6

Jesus Is Mocked

The soldiers took Him away into the palace (that is, the Praetorium), and they *called together the whole Roman cohort.

They *dressed Him up in purple, and after twisting a crown of thorns, they put it on Him;

And they began to call out to him, “Hail, king of the Jews!”

They kept beating His head with a reed, and spitting on Him, and kneeling and bowing before Him,"Mark 15:16-19 (New American Standard Bible)

Cariad

Fatima, please could you post a link to the story if possible. I would read it to make an opinion it would not be fair to form an opinion on hearsay alone.

It's not good to make assumptions that this crime has anything at all to do with religion.

Why do you dislike christianity and Christians so much? Not being a muslim does not mean therefore they must be a Christian, also many people may call themselves christian but they are not Christians by their actions..ya.

Christianity does not condone or promote any of the above practices you quote. You mistake secular practices for religious ones. Western countries for the most part being democracies and secular in nature gives freedom for people to live by their consciences. Also they are free to choose to live by Gods laws and worship how they wish. It is entirely possible for a person who professes not to believe in God to still be a morally good person. It does not matter to God if people choose to deny him, because God does not need us...but we do need him. God is there for the person who denies him, when they see his truth they will know his love.

Peace and blessings. C

Fatima Amenda

Fatima, please could you post a link to the story if possible. I would read it to make an opinion it would not be fair to form an opinion on hearsay alone.

It's not good to make assumptions that this crime has anything at all to do with religion.

Why do you dislike christianity and Christians so much? Not being a muslim does not mean therefore they must be a Christian, also many people may call themselves christian but they are not Christians by their actions..ya.

Christianity does not condone or promote any of the above practices you quote. You mistake secular practices for religious ones. Western countries for the most part being democracies and secular in nature gives freedom for people to live by their consciences. Also they are free to choose to live by Gods laws and worship how they wish. It is entirely possible for a person who professes not to believe in God to still be a morally good person. It does not matter to God if people choose to deny him, because God does not need us...but we do need him. God is there for the person who denies him, when they see his truth they will know his love.

Peace and blessings. C

Asalamu, go to any canadian news and you will find story. I live in Canada and watch national news daily, I know what they stated. Islam doesn't condone what people say either, and tattooing crosses or wearing them, they sure aren't Muslim or Jewish. I don't hate Christianity I just have a problem with their judgement on what they do not know.

Peace

Fatima Amenda

Peace and blessings. C

You judge Muslims yet you don't study Islam, so what makes you the best of judges of Muslims?

Fatima Amenda

Peace and blessings. C

Seems to me you can't even see in Mark who is really Mocking the Prophet Jesus alayhi wasallam and God, the betrayers and disbelievers,

Fatima Amenda

Peace and blessings. C

Asalamu, My post wasn't to say I dislike Christians but an observation how the media handles these stories. This is my God given right to have an opinion. To say I don't like Christians is a complete insult just because I don't agree with what Christians in Christian society condone, to say Christians don't condone this then what do you call the western governments made up of Christian leaders and mainly Christian society. It is condoned, but when Islam doesn't condone sex on tv, adultery, sex out of marriage and all these things western society call's freedom we are called extremists trying to take away the rights of people. What do you call what Christians condone when Jesus alayhi wasallam stated adultery was one of the worst transgressions against God and if a man even looks at a woman they've already committed adultery. Christians pick and choose what should be and shouldn't be according to their desires, this is the problem. Why if someone hears of a Muslim man who has hit his wife blame this on the religion and Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam yet women's shelters are filled with Christian women from abused husbands. I know this because I spent 5 months in a high security abuse shelter filled with Christian women speaking to them. Nobody blames Christianity or says must be because they follow Jesus? So why make accusations against Muslims, only those who are ignorant to Islam would assume what they know not. My family is made up of Christians so to even say I dislike Christians is to say I do not like my family. I love my family and pray daily Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala will forgive them, have mercy on them and open up their hearts to the truth and invite them to Islam... now that's love for my Christian family for the sake of Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala

Cariad

Asalamu, go to any canadian news and you will find story. I live in Canada and watch national news daily, I know what they stated. Islam doesn't condone what people say either, and tattooing crosses or wearing them, they sure aren't Muslim or Jewish. I don't hate Christianity I just have a problem with their judgement on what they do not know.

Peace

Ok thank you, I am in UK so Canadian news is not big here. I am not doubting one minute your word, I just wanted to see the story that is all.

It true some people do judge on what they do not know, and many make judgements on information they are given without checking the reliability of the source. The media always look for the negative aspect, because bad news sells better than good. That is why we should never take at face value what we are told.

Cariad

You judge Muslims yet you don't study Islam, so what makes you the best of judges of Muslims?

Just because I do not believe Islam is the way to God, does not mean I judge muslims as being wrong. That would be arrogant of me. I respect everyone's choice to find their path to God. I do not believe in Islam myself but I would fight for YOUR right to believe what you believe.

You assume I know nothing at all of Islam. I lived in a muslim country for some time, my husband was once a muslim before I met him. I have many friends who are muslim.

Where did I ever claim to be best judge of anything or anyone? It is not my place to judge.
peace.

Cariad

Seems to me you can't even see in Mark who is really Mocking the Prophet Jesus alayhi wasallam and God, the betrayers and disbelievers, but "Unto you your religion, Unto me my religion"

I chose to ignore this, because I do not see why you quote scripture at me. Is this a competition? Like who knows more about their religion.. I don't think so.

Cariad

Asalamu, My post wasn't to say I dislike Christians but an observation how the media handles these stories. This is my God given right to have an opinion. To say I don't like Christians is a complete insult just because I don't agree with what Christians in Christian society condone, to say Christians don't condone this then what do you call the western governments made up of Christian leaders and mainly Christian society. It is condoned, but when Islam doesn't condone sex on tv, adultery, sex out of marriage and all these things western society call's freedom we are called extremists trying to take away the rights of people. What do you call what Christians condone when Jesus alayhi wasallam stated adultery was one of the worst transgressions against God and if a man even looks at a woman they've already committed adultery. Christians pick and choose what should be and shouldn't be according to their desires, this is the problem. Why if someone hears of a Muslim man who has hit his wife blame this on the religion and Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam yet women's shelters are filled with Christian women from abused husbands. I know this because I spent 5 months in a high security abuse shelter filled with Christian women speaking to them. Nobody blames Christianity or says must be because they follow Jesus? So why make accusations against Muslims, only those who are ignorant to Islam would assume what they know not. My family is made up of Christians so to even say I dislike Christians is to say I do not like my family. I love my family and pray daily Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala will forgive them, have mercy on them and open up their hearts to the truth and invite them to Islam... now that's love for my Christian family.

Please accept my apology if I offended you by my choice of words, it just did seem to me there was a lot of negativity directed at Christianity. There are good and bad people all over the world in every religion and amongst people of no religion. It is unfair to judge the majority by the actions of a minority. You object to this when it is muslims who are being judged by the media as all being terrorists when we all know that it is a very tiny minority of muslims behave this way, and I would say they were not even true muslims. Like I object when the same is said against Christians. A Christian..if they are true.. Is a person who adheres to the teachings of Christ. That means they do not commit adultery, murder, lie, cheat...we are told to turn the other cheek, forgive those who hurt us and love our enemies. Hard act to follow..ya. But just because the way is hard does not mean that we should not take that way. God helps those who helps themselves and with his guidance many do live a Christian life.

When I see on the news the conflicts in the Arab world, muslims killing muslims waving weapons in the air whilst shouting in triumph "Allah Akbar" over the dead bodies over their muslim brothers. I feel a huge sadness. Worse is this is how the west get to see muslims, which is the wrong view. We have many good interfaith initiatives in the UK which fosters a better understanding of what we each strive for...which is ultimately to live our lives as best we can, treating others we meet as we would wish to be treated ourselves, live in harmony together in the common bond that our shared love for almighty God will bring us together not keep,us apart.

That was my hope in this forum, to meet as friends of different faith belief but able to learn from each other. That does not seem to be the case, which is sad.

peace and blessings.
C x

Fatima Amenda

Please accept my apology if I offended you by my choice of words, it just did seem to me there was a lot of negativity directed at Christianity. There are good and bad people all over the world in every religion and amongst people of no religion. It is unfair to judge the majority by the actions of a minority. You object to this when it is muslims who are being judged by the media as all being terrorists when we all know that it is a very tiny minority of muslims behave this way, and I would say they were not even true muslims. Like I object when the same is said against Christians. A Christian..if they are true.. Is a person who adheres to the teachings of Christ. That means they do not commit adultery, murder, lie, cheat...we are told to turn the other cheek, forgive those who hurt us and love our enemies. Hard act to follow..ya. But just because the way is hard does not mean that we should not take that way. God helps those who helps themselves and with his guidance many do live a Christian life.

When I see on the news the conflicts in the Arab world, muslims killing muslims waving weapons in the air whilst shouting in triumph "Allah Akbar" over the dead bodies over their muslim brothers. I feel a huge sadness. Worse is this is how the west get to see muslims, which is the wrong view. We have many good interfaith initiatives in the UK which fosters a better understanding of what we each strive for...which is ultimately to live our lives as best we can, treating others we meet as we would wish to be treated ourselves, live in harmony together in the common bond that our shared love for almighty God will bring us together not keep,us apart.

That was my hope in this forum, to meet as friends of different faith belief but able to learn from each other. That does not seem to be the case, which is sad.

peace and blessings.
C x

Asalamu alaykum, I am sorry you feel you can't meet friends here because Muslims are very kind hearted people. Maybe it is your approach and you must understand first the Islamic religion and understanding before you pass judgement especially why they say Allahu Akbar in any circumstance before you judge. In another post you past judgment on the Catholic belief, obviously you are not of Catholic faith, but since the Catholic church was the first church of Jesus Christ and you are Christian, what gives you the authority to pass judgment on them? Because you come from a reformed version of Christianity? I do not pass judgement on them or any other Christian faith I just have a better understanding why I first left the Christian faith earlier in my life, was lost and then found because Suban'Allah I was given Grace and Mercy by Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala that brought me to Islam and is here I have found the real meaning of salvation spoken about in the Gospels and Scriptures I once tried to understand but found difficult which put me on a lost path. You talk about Muslims killing Muslims, what about Catholics and Protestants, you telling me the war and bloodshed between them no one after went to their corner of the church and said God is Great? "Judge not lest ye be judged" . This post wasn't judging anyone it was a mere fact stated what the media said on the news continually for two days, the way they said it and the despair that this will bring to the Muslim community as hate crimes against Muslims because of their judgement in the way they report and just report whatever they are told increase. I was only pointing out you never hear the media when crimes are committed in Christian run country blame Christianity but when something happens and Muslims are involved they say "Islam". So what they are saying is submitting to God is terrorism. That's what problem I have.

Fatima Amenda

peace and blessings.
C x

Allahu Akbar, If you really want to make friends with Muslims and make Peace and a difference with interfaith, first study Islam by getting a diploma in Islamic studies as suggested through Dr. Bilal Philips program then go back to the Christian forums and society and defend Islam and the truth Insha'Allah, don't just assume, this does not make a difference it just adds fuel to the fire.

Fatima Amenda

peace and blessings.
C x

For future reference also for your knowledge, Jewish do not even spell YHWH because is very sacred to them, they spell out G-D and even leave out the O as the name is to sacred to spell completely, if I am wrong may Allah Subana wa Ta'ala forgive me but this is what I learned through the world religion studies through government approved curriculum that you stated in another post I was wrong about in the studies of religion I took regarding Judaism, Christianity and Islam. If I am wrong about this and your other statement made, please feel free to contact the Ontario Canadian government over their curriculum.

Asalamu alaykum

Fatima Amenda

Just because I do not believe Islam is the way to God, does not mean I judge muslims as being wrong. That would be arrogant of me. I respect everyone's choice to find their path to God. I do not believe in Islam myself but I would fight for YOUR right to believe what you believe.

You assume I know nothing at all of Islam. I lived in a muslim country for some time, my husband was once a muslim before I met him. I have many friends who are muslim.

Where did I ever claim to be best judge of anything or anyone? It is not my place to judge.
peace.

If your husband was once Muslim turned Christian, may Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala have mercy on his soul. I would encourage your husband to go back to Islam and re-think his decision. That's all I have to say about that.

Fatima Amenda

peace.

Maybe your husband should take the Dr. Bilal Philips online diploma course, Insha'Allah will jump start his heart into why he was born a Muslim in the first place before he was led astray. And please don't compare Muslim run countries by government and say this is Islam and the Muslim way of life. Over 70 000 Sunni Muslims and counting have been massacred in Syria fighting for their rights or have you not heard of the Arab Springs movement

Fatima Amenda

If your husband was once Muslim turned Christian, may Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala have mercy on his soul. I would encourage your husband to go back to Islam and re-think his decision. That's all I have to say about that.

Just because a person is Muslim or knows Muslims does not mean they even understand Islam. If that was the case they wouldn't need the countless scholars who dedicate their life trying to keep Muslims educated and encourage them to seek the right knowledge and never stop, they are also there to warn Muslims what happens when they stray and don't seek refuge in Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala.

Cariad

Asalamu alaykum, I am sorry you feel you can't meet friends here because Muslims are very kind hearted people. Maybe it is your approach and you must understand first the Islamic religion and understanding before you pass judgement especially why they say Allahu Akbar in any circumstance before you judge. In another post you past judgment on the Catholic belief, obviously you are not of Catholic faith, but since the Catholic church was the first church of Jesus Christ and you are Christian, what gives you the authority to pass judgment on them? Because you come from a reformed version of Christianity? I do not pass judgement on them or any other Christian faith I just have a better understanding why I first left the Christian faith earlier in my life, was lost and then found because Suban'Allah I was given Grace and Mercy by Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala that brought me to Islam and is here I have found the real meaning of salvation spoken about in the Gospels and Scriptures I once tried to understand but found difficult which put me on a lost path. You talk about Muslims killing Muslims, what about Catholics and Protestants, you telling me the war and bloodshed between them no one after went to their corner of the church and said God is Great? "Judge not lest ye be judged" . This post wasn't judging anyone it was a mere fact stated what the media said on the news continually for two days, the way they said it and the despair that this will bring to the Muslim community as hate crimes against Muslims because of their judgement in the way they report and just report whatever they are told increase. I was only pointing out you never hear the media when crimes are committed in Christian run country blame Christianity but when something happens and Muslims are involved they say "Islam". So what they are saying is submitting to God is terrorism. That's what problem I have.

Hello Fatima, I think this may be the link of the story you refer to.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...ant-siege-were-ontario-school-friends-report/

I also found one by a British paper the Daily Mail about the same event, but I tend to think the daily mail being a tabloid panders to sensationalist stories. I do not like the way they portray the news. I agree the article does not show Islam in a positive look, but that is not so much the media reporting the event as it did happen, after all the young men concerned were muslims were they not. It was the young men themselves for taking part in a perceived act of terrorism, which is against the teachings of Islam. You should be castigating them (not you personally..muslims in general) for taking part in an act of terrorism where people lost their lives, not the media for handling the story.

I'm slightly aghast at your assumptions of my not finding friends here due to my judgemental attitude. You have a strange way of seeing judgement in others but not yourself. In almost every reply you make to me you are making judgements about me. The idea one has to become something akin to a muslim scholar in order to have a basic understanding of Islam I think is a bit over the top. Many muslims in the world are illiterate..does that make them bad muslims? NO it does not.

To address your main point about the fact Christianity is not blamed in the press in the way Islam is when either a muslim or Christian commits a crime. If I understand you correctly.

Christianity is viewed differently in as much we recognise religion has no place in the law of the land. Religion is for our spiritual well being, so when a so called Christian person commits a crime..I'm thinking that to a muslim anyone who is not a muslim in the west would be usually thought of as a Christian...even if they be an atheist or whatever. That crime is against the person, and their religion does not come into it. Islam in many countries..at least the ones I have lived in..is both religion and state. It is seen that muslims call on Allah for everything wether it be good in his name or bad. So really I see that muslims themselves have put themselves in this position.

It's immaterial weather a Christian goes to church after committing a crime and says God is great, to start with we would know that God would not be wanting us to invoke his name if we had committed a sin against him...and we already know that God is great, by that token we assume God himself is aware that God is in fact great and does not need us to be an ever reminder. God does not need us like we need him.

I do not see your analogy with believing Islam and submitting to God is terrorism for the acts of a few misguided muslims does not mean Islam = terrorism.

Cariad

Allahu Akbar, If you really want to make friends with Muslims and make Peace and a difference with interfaith, first study Islam by getting a diploma in Islamic studies as suggested through Dr. Bilal Philips program then go back to the Christian forums and society and defend Islam and the truth Insha'Allah, don't just assume, this does not make a difference it just adds fuel to the fire.

Why would you wish me to advocate a belief system I do not believe is true to God? I would always defend individual muslims from unjust persecution if it was in my power to do so. It is a persons right to believe what they wish to. I did not know friendship with muslims come with such conditions, like becoming a muslim scholar!! The muslim friends I have never put such conditions on our friendship we just accept each other as we are.