Cannot attend Jummah because of work?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
:salam2: , Hope everyone is doing well in this blessed month :)

I have a bit of a problem, i have a job at a movie theater but my ramadan schedule does not become active until one more week. The scheduling manager is Muslim so i told her i cannot work Nights because of Taraweeh and Ifthar, and she was nice and only gave me Morning shifts.

The problem is she gave me a Morning shift on Friday, and it goes past Jummah Prayer times. I do get a break but its only 30 mins, and since she already gave the hours i have to deal it with the General Manager. The General Manager is quite strict and wont let me off on friday or give me a longer break time.

I can have a break at around Zuhr but only for 30 mins and wont be able to make it to the mosque and come back. Whats the ruling for this and what should i do?? :(

Jazakallah Khair

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

First of all, look in to the permissibility of working in a cinema hall. I highly doubt that working for an organization where people come and look at prohibited things and which involves music and heedlessness is allowed. The money you earn from this job might be haraam. So please look in to it.

Second of all, you can not miss Jumaa prayer because of work. At the time of Jumaa any work or pre-occupations are prohibited. Also Jumaa starts when the Imam says 'As Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi' before the Khutbah.

Therefore you should make it to not just the 2 rakah Jumaa prayer, but the entire khutbah plus the the prayer.

Actually I have heard that the Khutbah is 'part of the Jumaa prayer'. So you are not allowed to fidget around during khutbah or talk with other people (just like in any salah).

And Allah knows best.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
[QUOTE]Listening to songs and music and watching movies in which men and women mix and in which ‘awrahs are uncovered, and which are accompanied by music, are all haraam things. It is not permissible for the owner of the café or those who work there to allow anyone to do these things or help him to do that. This has been discussed in the answer to question no. 47396.

Based on this, if you can prevent people watching movies or listening to music, there is nothing wrong with you working in that place, otherwise you should leave that job, seeking the pleasure of your Lord, and so as to avoid approving of evil and keeping quiet about it, which would incur the wrath and anger of Allaah, may He be exalted, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawood (David) and ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allaah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.

79. They used not to forbid one another from Al-Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do”

[al-Maa’idah 5:78, 79]

We ask Allaah to help us and guide us.

And Allaah knows best.[/QUOTE]

Link :- http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/94990

No Muslim can doubt that the cinema that exists nowadays is a house of sin, which spreads images of that which Allaah has forbidden, pictures of women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait. Indeed in many cases it propagates and promotes sinful sexual relationships between men and women. This is in addition to the music and songs, and the films of crimes that corrupt society. It is haraam to spread and propagate each of these things, so how about if they are combined?

The point is that whatever is like that, it is undoubtedly haraam and any money that comes from it is also haraam. Whoever says that the money earned from the cinema is halaal should examine the situation of contemporary cinema, so that he may realize the error of what he is saying.

People should beware of allowing that which Allaah has forbidden. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And say not concerning that which your tongues put forth falsely: ‘This is lawful and this is forbidden,’ so as to invent lies against Allaah. Verily, those who invent lies against Allaah will never prosper.

A passing brief enjoyment (will be theirs), but they will have a painful torment”

[al-Nahl 16:116-117]

And Allaah knows best.

Link : http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/22205/

The one who guides others to evil is like the one who does it, just as the one who guides people to good is like the one who does it. The one who calls or guides people to sin will have a burden of sin like theirs, because of the report narrated by Muslim (2674) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls others to guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow it, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest. And whoever calls others to misguidance will have a burden of sin like that of those who follow it, without it detracting from their burden in the slightest.”

If the one who keeps quiet about evil is a partnew in the sin, then how about the one who guides others to it and shows them the way?!

What you must do is give up working in this field and move to another job that is permissible, whether it is in the hotel or elsewhere. You should realise that if a person gives up something for the sake of Allaah, Allaah will compensate him with something better than it, as it says in a saheeh report from our Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him). And that which is with Allaah cannot be attained except by obeying Him, as the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The Holy Spirit (Jibreel) has inspired to me that no soul will die until it has completed its appointed term and received its provision in full, so fear Allaah and do not be desperate in seeking provision, and no one of you should be temped to seek provision by means of committing sin if it is slow in coming to him, for that which is with Allaah can only be attained by obeying Him.” Narrated by Abu Na’eem in al-Hilyah from the hadeeth of Abu Umaamah; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 2085.

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).

3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”

[al-Allaah 65:2-3]

We ask Allaah to guide us and you.

And Allaah knows best.

Link : - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/83405

Leave the job, akhi. The money is haraam and doesn't have the blessings of Allah subhaanaho waa taala. Leave the prohibited and earn Allah's pleasure.

And Allah knows best.

Wasalaamlaykum waa rahmatullahi