Cat & Dog

BlueFish

Asalam alayku everyone,
About six months ago or longer, i was iving in a house with roomates.
One of the roomates brought home a dog (1/2pitbull1/2bulldog is what it looked like) it was black and white. He brought it home because the kids in the neighborhood he found it, were throwing rocks at it and being mean to it.
It suprised everyone in the house when they found out about the new household member. Some did not like that he brought it home, but it was a very well natured dog. One day the dog decided to run from us when walking it. The dog ran into the busy street infront of the house. Dog was hit by car and was sent flying through the air to the side of the street. Don't worry he is very strong dog, miraculously he survived with a busted leg, and scrapes. Everyone was upset about not taking him to vet. No one had the money to take him. So he was nursed back to health at the house. I took it upon myself to pay close attention to the dog, working his bad leg taking him for walks to get strength back to his leg. He got better. But something was wrong in dog's mind. He was so terrorfied of going outside. I never seen such fear in dog before. We found someone with big yard (away from street), to take care of dog. He was awsome dog, I will never forget Undertaker.
And don't worry we were as clean as possible when dog was in the house.
Point of story was is sometimes animals need human help. I think it would be wrong to shun Allah's creatures. Sorry if i am wrong.
Peace.

:salam2:

Oooh, it's faaar worse here in Switzerland, subhanallah!

I sometimes think that these people here never have any chidren, because I see them and I mean most of them with...dogs, dogs in their cars, dogs walking them, dogs everywhere!

So I think there's nowhere like here in Switzerland when it comes to dogs!

:astag:

LOL it's scary but true. They even kiss, hug, bathe, prepare and give food, sometimes even dress them more than their own children/family. You guys really are one of the top "dog" nations.

Globalpeace

Banned
Electronic Puppies!

Asslamo Alaikum,

Have you guys the new miniature electronic puppies which act like real ones unannounced like throw a tantrem and stuff...

I have seen them at work! its incredible

About Switzerland! Its the women that surprise me not the pets!

BlueFish

I noticed one thing in America, dogs and cats gets treated like they are human beings. They treat and take care of the animals better than their children. I know it sounds funny but its true. For instance my neighbor gets up every morning like at 5am just to walk her dogs and clean after them, it's crazy if you think about it. She would be better off doing her Fajir prayer.
Asalamu Alaykum,
Thats is true to some extent. My aunt is such an animal lover, she has a house full of animals. It smells of amonia. It is so hard to breath. She refuses to change life style. I love my aunt, but it is hard to go in her house.
Peace.

Asalamu Alaykum,
Thats is true to some extent. My aunt is such an animal lover, she has a house full of animals. It smells of amonia. It is so hard to breath. She refuses to change life style. I love my aunt, but it is hard to go in her house.
Peace.

LOL I'm sorry but I find this really funny. I can just imagine you going in to her house one day with like a gas mask "Hi Auntie" looooool

walaakum salaam

umm hussain

I used to be a dog lover in every sense, would let it lick me even bath it would eat something without washing my hands after playing with a it but now that I can't keep a dog I can see everything wrong with it. I went into a recent reverts sisters house and it smelled like dog, she keeps it in the house. I can't imagine myself playing around with dogs like I used to and I guess this is going to be one of those difficult things I have to go through to explain to my mum why I cant keep dogs any more. She gets so upset when I tell her I cant do certain things I used to love to do because of Islam. I spoke to her the other day and they have a new dog.

Alhamdulillah back home people do not keep dogs as pets but more for security and they dont live in the house at all, it would be beaten up if it is found in the house, they normally have a dog kennel outside. I broke the rules once in a while about letting dogs into the house though.

Tahar

it would be beaten up if it is found in the house, they normally have a dog kennel outside. I broke the rules once in a while about letting dogs into the house though.

I am sure you didn't choose your words correctly. You did not mean "it would be beaten up" you meant they tell the dog to stay out. Beating up anything in Islam is wrong, especially a helpless creature.

I used to be a dog lover in every sense, would let it lick me even bath it would eat something without washing my hands after playing with a it but now that I can't keep a dog I can see everything wrong with it. I went into a recent reverts sisters house and it smelled like dog, she keeps it in the house. I can't imagine myself playing around with dogs like I used to and I guess this is going to be one of those difficult things I have to go through to explain to my mum why I cant keep dogs any more. She gets so upset when I tell her I cant do certain things I used to love to do because of Islam. I spoke to her the other day and they have a new dog.

Alhamdulillah back home people do not keep dogs as pets but more for security and they dont live in the house at all, it would be beaten up if it is found in the house, they normally have a dog kennel outside. I broke the rules once in a while about letting dogs into the house though.

For security purposes, and security only (outside the house) I would rather just get some lions or some Indian white tigers. Those are much cooler than dogs/cats.

Globalpeace

Banned
Surveillance System!

Asslamo Allaikum,

Family I know has got the latest surviellance system installed at the house; linked to the police; million times more effective then a DOG & cannot be penetrated without some serious repurcussions..

Costs about 8,000 British Pounds; whats that roughly 14000-15,000 US Dollars?

You can identify someone instantly with pattern matching & all sorts because the imaging is digital....If a thief comes the images are instant conviction in a court of law!

I hate it because it beeps a lot!

umm hussain

I am sure you didn't choose your words correctly. You did not mean "it would be beaten up" you meant they tell the dog to stay out. Beating up anything in Islam is wrong, especially a helpless creature.
I did mean beaten up. Not saying that it is right but that is what people do and they are not Muslims anyway. Majority 'christian' That's why i had dogs in the house as well any way without permission of course. This is in Africa,a developing country majority cant even afford 3 meals a day so definitely cannot afford the latest security technology. A dog barks at the first sight or sniff of an intruder therefore waking up the house owners and normally when the house light are switched on it normally scares the burglars away. Once we had a burglar who poisoned our dog because they knew they couldn't come near our house because of it. Whilst growing up we got burgled a couple times. People break into a house to steal food.

In some cultures dogs can be used for security but definitely not cats about lions well.............!!!!!

rightpath_357

wow- i rlly luv cats! i've been begging my mum 4 one forever--------- but i still dont have one! i think it should be ok to have pets- just not treat them like humans- as in clothes- resteraunt food- well- my family is sponsering an orphan from gaza. im happy about that.

Rashadi

it is mainly for maintaining clean environment since we pray and some animals smell and i find cats much smellier lol. some muslims panic and think we have to kill dogs and this is silly and some ppls brain just seems to freeze when it comes to some issues.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
Assalam O Alaikum,

In Islam we are allowed to have cat and dog as a pet animal but why are we not allowed to keep dog inside the house? both seems to have almost same nature.

Try to support your answer with scientific reason, if possible.

Wasslalam

:salam2:
ya it is allowed to keep dogs as pets only for
1. security
2. hunting
in islam we cannot keep dogs as family members, lovers, status symbol etc.
this is what ulema said. although i am a veterinarian and i love the animals. we can get zoonotic diseases (spread of disease from animal to humans) from dogs like worm infestation, rabies, allergies etc.. some parasites are also transferred from dogs to humans. allah knows better what is right for us.
wassallam

Sakeena

Cats are so much like women - please don't take offense anyone. They are beautiful, self-aware, confident, know how to get what they want, friendly, generally soft and kind...

There's a lot to be said of cats. I really enjoy having them around. The female cats tend to be more 'selfish' in that they do not want to you mess with them much. Only when they want the attention. Male cats are laid back, always want attention, and love a good rub on the back or a scratch. Female cats are far cleaner than the males though......

LOL that's so true sis! y grandpa's cat Cookie is like that! Miss Cookie is so cute and sweet--when she wants to be! :lol: but mashAllah, I love her so much for the sake of Allah (swt)! Tee-hee! :SMILY252:

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
Assalam O Alaikum,

In Islam we are allowed to have cat and dog as a pet animal but why are we not allowed to keep dog inside the house? both seems to have almost same nature.

Try to support your answer with scientific reason, if possible.

Wasslalam

Zoonotic diseases
Diseases common to animals and humans
ntroduction

A zoonosis is a disease common to animals and humans. Zoonotic diseases are more common and serious. Still, pet owners should be aware of the potential risk of the zoonoses found in area. In many of these zoonotic diseases, humans may or may not "catch" the disease directly from the pet. Instead, the animal patient serves as a barometer, signaling the presence of infectious agents in the environment.
1. Rabies
2. Ticks
3. Toxoplasmosis, a protozoan disease
4. Round worms
5. Ring worms, a fungal infection
6. Scabies, a skin condition

Dog Owner's Guide: Zoonotic diseases (www.canismajor.com/dog/zoonot.html)]
wasalam