Catholic priests say Allah

Discussion in 'TurnToIslam Lounge !' started by Bluegazer, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Bluegazer

Bluegazer Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Assalamu Alaikum brothers and sisters in Islam,

After my thread entitled "Farewell" [posted on November 7, 2007], I stopped posting on the TurnToIslam forum.

However, I just saw an article which made it nearly impossible for me resist posting here again.

What's this article?

Well, let's just say it's really very interesting [to say the very least]. It was posted on the International Herald Tribune website. Please take special note of the phrases I highlighted in bold type:

Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/21/asia/AS-REL-Malaysia-Catholic-God.php#end_main

Well now, that's something really new!

It seems that Catholics in Malaysia are fighting for the right to use the word "Allah" in the Malay language!

I believe many Catholics in the West will be very surprised by this.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum
  2. TheHumbleWun

TheHumbleWun Banned

Senior Financial Analyst
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Asalaamalikum Akhi,

I'm so glad to see you back here!!! Wallahi, I miss you man. Don't abandon us like that again.

I had a post similar to this issue. Non-Muslims living in Muslim lands sometimes use the word "Allah" to refer to God, after all, it simply means God. I think it can be a little confusing when they use the word "Allah" but after listening to them a little longer you can distinguish whether they are Muslim or non-Muslim.

Maybe this will further enhance non-Muslims especially in Malay to look and search what the Islamic definition of Allah is....perhaps the 99 names of Allah....The Most Merciful, The Most Forgiving, etc and will inshallah come in terms or even accept Islam!

The attributes (99 names) of Allah swt will not make anyone disagree.

P.S. I didn't forget to check the answer to the Eid stamp thread. I have the answer and will post it sometime soon inshallah.
  3. Bluegazer

Bluegazer Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Assalamu Alaikum brother TheHumbleWun !!

Thanks for the very warm welcome!

I didn't mean to "abandon" all the kind brothers here, it's just that sometimes I can get too involved. It really distracts me away from some other duties I have to attend to.

I'm not sure I can post as often as I have before. Still, it's good to be back.

And I'm looking forward to your answer on the Eid Stamp thread.

Best regards,

Bluegazer
  4. Bluegazer

Bluegazer Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks brother Azhar!

I'm humbled by your kind feelings.

I'm not sure I can post as often as I did before. So, I'm not really completely "back".

Many thanks for your kind feelings.
  5. hambaAllah

hambaAllah Junior Member

retired postal and telecoms customer service agen
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    :bismillah:
    :salam2:

Alhamdulillah,,, nice to see you here again brother although a short one,,, do misses and looking forward to reading your interesting articles... do post some even if its not regularly....May Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala make it easy for us to help others in understanding ISLAM and guides us all to his straight path....Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen

:wasalam::hijabi:
  6. Bluegazer

Bluegazer Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Assalamu Alaikum,

This is a follow up to my post #21.

The following article is from the Catholic World News website; CWNews.com. Please note the words I set in bold type, like so:

Source: http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=55657

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum
  7. dianne
    Cheerful

dianne Senior Member

Professional
    Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 1
    Salam brother,

U know that bible has many editions,so in Malaysian Christians here like Catholic,Anglican,Protestant,Evangelical,SIdang Injil Borneo etc.
    The God concept of Christian is doesnt same of what many Christian practise in Arabs.MOst of East Christian (Eastern Church) based on Iskandariah.They believe in Unity - One God.
    So from Unity means No father,son & holy Ghost.like what Islam did.SO they didnt opposite to believe Allah swt & Jesus pbuh.
    But in Roman Catholic they dont beliefs of Unity concept.They beliefs Trinity concept - Father SOn & Holy Ghost in One Godhead,for a concept the threefold personality of the one divine being.
    It is totally opposites of what Islam beliefs.

Islam is believe One GOd who is Allah subhana huwataa'la,believe in all prophets & rasul as messenger from Adam pbuh - Mohammad sallallah alahi wassalam,believe in all Kitab from Torah,Zabur,Injil & Al Quran.

Thats why Malaysian Ulama' make a statements do not agree with it.

wassalam
  8. Bluegazer

Bluegazer Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Assalamu Alaikum sister dianne,

Thank you for the information.

The vast majority of Christians nowadays [Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox and Protestants] believe in the Trinity as the fundamental principle of Christianity. You could be right about Unitarian Christians being dominant in Alexandria many centuries ago, but that's not the case anymore.

If you read post #1 on this thread, you'll understand why I posted this news about Catholics in Malaysia demanding the right to use the name "Allah".

There's an American sister in this forum [Shannonx] who's father is a Catholic. He believes that Allah is completely different than God Almighty who sent Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus [peace be upon them all].

What do you think his reaction would be when he finds out that Catholics in Malaysia are fighting for the right to use the name "Allah"??!!

This might lead him to be more open minded about Islam, and start seeking knowledge from good trustworthy sources and not the biased mainstream American media.

Regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum