catholics and muslims should talk

R

rosiee

recently, with the popes insensitive but perhaps useful remarks when all is said and done, catholics and muslims have found a new need to dialogue. religion is important to both groups and i (a catholic) am open to learning as much as i can about Islam. I believe my faith can only grow from such an encounter.

IMAM

there always is a fine line to walk when you want to supposed call for dialogue..it doesnt start with belitling the most revered figure whom muslims adore deeply.....having studied in a catholic school what the two religions catholism(and judaism),is striking to note how accomodating islam is to both religions.....but anyways i very much welcome the call for more dialogue....

OmarTheFrench

The problem its that few people know really the Islam,they know the Muslims but not the Islam and here is the problem.
Before I discover Islam and I revet I had pre-conceived idea of Islam.

yasmin623

The problem its that few people know really the Islam,they know the Muslims but not the Islam and here is the problem.
Before I discover Islam and I revet I had pre-conceived idea of Islam.

You are right. That`s why we muslim today have to let people know islam by knowing us. Knowledge and aqeedah is very important. :muslim_child:

Khadijah

Hello rosiee,
I would suggest you watch the Yusef Estes story located in the new muslim video section (sorry I don't know how to make a link, maybe someone could help?). His story is good and he converted along with his wife,father,and a catholic priest. I think it's good you came here to educate yourself about Islam. I wish more would do so.
Peace,
Khadijah

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Hello rosiee,
I would suggest you watch the Yusef Estes story located in the new muslim video section (sorry I don't know how to make a link, maybe someone could help?). His story is good and he converted along with his wife,father,and a catholic priest. I think it's good you came here to educate yourself about Islam. I wish more would do so.
Peace,
Khadijah

thankx sister / Khadijah
Yusuf Estes Journey to Islam. How he became Muslim.

peace

marildu

I talk with a friend at work about Islam and she is a traditional Latin Catholic. She's open to talking which is nice. However her mother wants to convert me to Catholicism, but she is all nice to my face which is a little insulting to me.

Personally I think when you go into a discussion trying to "convert" the other person in just casual dialogue feelings get hurt and not much is accomplished. Most of the time.

Little off topic but just wanted to say lol

R

rosiee

Conversion is Boring

I try very hard not to persuade others to become Catholic. Catholicism has its problems...so why give them to others...i would much rather Muslims be good Muslims...and Catholics be good Catholics...trying to convert or knowing about others who convert is rather boring and does nothing for me or my belief system

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
^^ I advice you to avoid here dirty words. Surely you can express yourself using some other expressions, right?