Question: Changes to Sisters / Brothers Only ?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

How important is it to have sections that are only visible for sisters? / Brothers?

Just a question, I will not make any changes that users do not want. Just working on improving the posting.. in sha Allah.

With the current sections and the new way i want to make it, life is a lot easier if the content is not private.

You could still write things privately between your own friends, but not in the public forum. However, if everyone is really against this, then I can work on some other solution

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Of course we can talk with friends but also sometimes here might be matters when sisters/brothers like to ask advices or opinions from many members of same gender in general and they might be kind of matters they don´t want to talk in general sections (like some family situations or some "gender" matters). Many members still have quite limited amount of friends here.

Just my opinion.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

I think one of the things that has always stood out to me about TTI is the separate gender sections we have here - I can't imagine TTI without these private sections - definitely there will always remain a need when people want to discuss something only amongst the same gender. Sometimes you might have a question but don't know who to ask and in that case you can ask gender-specific questions and hope for a wider answer.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullah.

I have to agree with the sisters. I can't speak for the brothers obviously, but I don't think we can do without the sisters section. It has been really helpful to many of us over the years alhamdulillaah, and we (I) kind of see it as our own 'room' within a huge house. I think it would be a bad move to make it public. But if there's no way around this, then I think it would be best to delete the whole section and start a new one because most, if not all, of the posts in there are really, really, really (I can't emphasize enough) private and I don't think we'd be comfortable in publicizing it for the whole world to see.

Seeking Peace

Walaikum Salam Wr Wb..

i think its better to have seperate/private forums because that way its possible and easy to communicate with a wider variety of sisters...having combined or access for everyone is not going to make life easier (unless its from administrative point of view which obviously i've no idea of) rather it gives me uncomfortable feeling...being a woman is all about Haya...so my opinion is no different from that of sisters who have already given their feedback..

JazakAllah-o-Khair brother Mabsoot for providing us with a wonderful forum of TTI...may Allah s.w.t reward you with the best of both the worlds...aameen sum aameen..

W'S..

Abu Juwairiya

I have noticed the Brothers Section is not restricted to the brothers and some topics there are quite private, so this is an issue.

Although, many brothers have expressed no qualms about sisters being allowed to post there, the fact that it is a brothers forum defeats the object in the first place.

If it is meant to be gender neutral then at least the title should reflect that and the words 'brothers section' should be removed with a more appropriate sub heading to avoid confusion and, if I might add, a distortion of the present reality.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:bismillah1:

I was away for some time, I guess nobody else wanted to answer this.

There are posts from Sisters in the Brothers section, but the posts were made in open sections, then for whatever reason the thread was moved to the Brothers section. Does that fit what you are seeing?

As far as I know, Sisters cannot see or post to the Brothers section (and vice versa).

Abu Juwairiya

I agree with the need to have sections where only one gender is permitted. There is however, more of a need to have separate and private areas for sisters as the issues can be quite sensitive and in some cases actually haram for brothers to see, be aware of, contribute to or otherwise. Its also likely some sisters may be more comfortable to speak, ask advice and reply if they can ensure that no brothers will ever be present or can pass judgement on them.

Abu Juwairiya

I think one of the things that has always stood out to me about TTI is the separate gender sections we have here - I can't imagine TTI without these private sections - definitely there will always remain a need when people want to discuss something only amongst the same gender. Sometimes you might have a question but don't know who to ask and in that case you can ask gender-specific questions and hope for a wider answer.

Assalammu Alaikum Sister Tabussum07. I have had a chance to look at your blog and was pleased with some of your responses to the questions relating to misconceptions. I have since added your blog to my list for research so that I may learn from your knowledge. May Allah reward you for your hard work and time consumed for da'wah.