cheers?

aseel

assalamu alaykum,

I wanted to know is it permissble for a muslim to say cheers when he goes to drink, well not to say cheerhe glasses bit but touching.

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum
First we not supposed to drink alcohol at all, it's forbidden to all muslims. second when non muslims say cheers mostly thay are drinking alcohol and as far as i know muslim should not Do anything that is associated with kaffirs because it may be like imitating them.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
All British people say cheers, it's a cultural thing. Hey even Syrian Christians say Salam, should we then stop saying salam?? hmmm kinda silly

aseel

Asalamu alaikum
First we not supposed to drink alcohol at all, it's forbidden to all muslims. second when non muslims say cheers mostly thay are drinking alcohol and as far as i know muslim should not Do anything that is associated with kaffirs because it may be like imitating them.

assalamu alaykum,
I did not say anything about alcohol!!! it's not about saying cheers but about the glasses "clanging" together .
Somebody told me that it maks what is in the glass haram , but i have no clue what so ever ! i find it strange to say this.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
assalamu alaykum,
I did not say anything about alcohol!!! it's not about saying cheers but about the glasses "clanging" together .
Somebody told me that it maks what is in the glass haram , but i have no clue what so ever ! i find it strange to say this.

I was talking to my husband last night about some of these questions...lets just say we had a good laugh

Globalpeace

Banned
W-Salam Sister,

I have grappled with this question since 1998; when you get an answer; do let me know.

Cheers (*)

*: Without the alcohol, pub or clanging glasses; off course.

assalamu alaykum,

I wanted to know is it permissble for a muslim to say cheers when he goes to drink, well not to say cheerhe glasses bit but touching.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
assalamu alaykum,

me personally, i wouldn't do it. my reason may seem to be extreme to some, but i feel this way nevertheless. it's because giving cheers has the semblance of participating in drinking alcohol. most of the time that it is done, alcohol is involved. that of course is haram. i have to ask myself what if a muslim seen me doing this. i mean a muslim that doesn't know me, yet it is obvious that i'm a muslim ( wearing kufi,beard, thobe etc. ) he would say to himself that i am a hypocrite. he will think that i'm doing something haram. so i don't want to give the wrong impression. i understand that it may appear to be innocent, i think it's just best to avoid it. that's just me. i'm like that.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Again I mus repeat....... All British people say cheers, it's a cultural thing. Hey even Syrian Christians say Salam, should we then stop saying salam?? hmmm kinda silly

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

I say cheers (meaning thanks), ta, alright mate, yo bird, lol

any one use clinky??????

Is just language, and iff we reallly want to go through the oigins of words in the OED we wouldnt use many of them.

Just watch boulderdash and piffle on BBC2 and you will get what I mean.

Origins of words are very interesting!

CHEERS

:wasalam: