Childrens upbringing in Islam - Help!

I.Iman

Assalaam aleikum

How much should we push our children into Islam, meaning education etc. And what if we "fail"?? Say that our children does not want to practise Islam, what can AND should we do? (No personal opinions, I have my personal, but need opinions only based on Islam).

Jazakallah kheir

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Bismillah-ir Rahman-ir Rahim, like the saying goes "whoever Allah Subhanau Wa Ta'ala guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them". But if you teach them Qur'an you will have a crown when you are in Jannah insha'Allah. And if your kids do Dua for you and your in the 1st or 2nd level of Jannah you can actually be promoted up.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Push is the wrong word. I wrote an article for mymuslimveilmagazine.com. I am in means trying to promote the magazine. But, I did raise some good issues that may help you. Take a minute to read it.

Do not think in terms of push. Because that makes children rebel. Think of the word steer.

After you read the article..let us discuss this. It is important for us who are raising children in non Muslim majority areas.

Kakorot

:salam2:

If both parents follow Islam, then naturally the children will because this will be the norm.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:salam2:

If both parents follow Islam, then naturally the children will because this will be the norm.

That is not necessarily true, both my parents follow Islam and three out of five children are no longing praticing Islam. You have to teach them to love Allaah (azza wa jal) and that was missing in my home growing up.