chocolate fudge cake

summertime

sister :)
I made this about a week ago....

2heda1w.jpg

I got this recipe from the cadbury website...

American Fudge Cake

This recipe is also known as ‘Death by Chocolate’, if it is topped with chocolate ice cream and lashings of whipped cream.

FOR THE CAKE
125 g (4 oz) butter
225 g (8 oz) dark soft brown sugar
2 eggs
142 ml (¼ pint) soured cream
175 g (6 oz) plain flour
5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
2.5 ml (½ tsp) bicarbonate of soda
50 g (2 oz) Cadbury Bournville cocoa

FOR THE FILLING
40 ml (2 Tbs) Cadbury Bournville cocoa
125 g (4 oz) butter
150 g (5 oz) icing sugar, sieved
Vanilla essence

FOR THE FROSTING
200 g bar of Cadbury Bournville chocolate
40 ml (2 Tbs) Cadbury Bournville cocoa
142 ml (¼ pint) double cream

Two 20 cm (8-inch), shallow cake tins, greased and base-lined

For the cake, cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light in colour anti texture. Gradually beat in the eggs, and then the soured cream (the mixture looks curdled at this stage). Sieve together the dry ingredients and fold them into the mixture. Divide the mixture equally between the tins. Bake at Gas Mark 5/190ºC:/375ºF for 30 – 35 minutes, until cooked. Turn out on to a wire tray to cool.

Make the filling by mixing the cocoa with 40 ml (2 Tbs) of boiling water to a smooth paste, allow to cool. Beat together the butter, sieved icing sugar and essence, until light and fluffy. Beat in the cocoa. Slice the cake in half and then sandwich the halves together with the filling.

For the frosting, melt the chocolate carefully. Make the cocoa into a paste with water as before and mix with the chocolate. Slowly whisk the cream into the chocolate until smooth and thickened. Spread the frosting evenly over the cake with a palette knife.

Serve in slices, with whipped cream or ice-cream. If possible warm each slice in a microwave or oven, if you have made the cake in advance; it can also be served cold but is definitely more interesting hot, with the contrast of ice cream.

Sauda17

:SMILY303: .... move over nigella :lol:
If only you posted it a month ago... i've recently gone off chocolate... but it certainly looks mouthwatering... :)