Christ The Redeemer 7 wonders of the world

danial

hmm..i was just wondering, why is it that Christ the redeemer statue in Brazil now one of the seven wonders of the world? i feel like the seven wonders should have no bias or religious connotations to it so that the WHOLE WORLD can appreciate it. by putting a religious "thing" as one of the seven wonders, i think it might not appeal to too many ppl.hmm...just my views..

abdulboji

yes , I agree with you and I think the Cristians orgnaizations responsible for that ........... to present that this statue is kind of miracle or somthing like making other people get attention to cristianity .

danial

yeah.. i read the article on yahoo news when the new 7 wonders of the world were announced a few weeks back. they say that the voting was highly inaccurate. there are onli ly 30% christians in the world. many of which are only xtians by name. so its impossible that christ statue was picked as one of the wonders fairly.

i think athiests/muslims/jews/other religions(which prolly make up MORE than 70% of the world) would rather look at beautiful things suchs as The Niagra Falls or even the Swiss Alps.