Christian and Islam beliefs

t68ware

Greetings. I am Christian and have been for over 25 years. I have been chatting over the internet with a Muslim about the differences with our two faiths, particulary about the way Islam sees Jesus. I would like to discuss Jesus and the way I see Him and the way Islam sees Him. Please be sincere and not out to bash me because I am Christian and I will show you the same respect.

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam

Remember we are not here to debate so be sure to never turn a discussion like this into one. ( This includes preaching ) Otherwise, welcome to TTI.

Salam.

Salem9022

Our difference is not because of Jesus, it is because Tawheed(Islamic Monotheism).

what is Tawheed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the meaning of “Tawheed”?

Tawheed is based from the root word Wah-hada. Wahhada means to make something one. Tawheed is the act of ascribing unity to something. (this is the linguistic definition).

When it comes to islamic sciences - Tawheed refers to the unification of Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) in the aspect of Rububeeyah, Ulooheeyah and Asma wassiffat. To make Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) one in these 3 aspects.

Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah = its based on Qur'an and sunnah, meaning Allah (subhana wata'ala) is one. It means to acknowledge that Allah (subhana wata'ala) is the only one who sustains, controls and created all the mankind and the worlds. In other words the fact that we have only creator, one sustainer, one who in control of all our affairs is Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah. It comes from the root word Rubb. (linguistic meanings – owner, leader, caretaker)

Tawheed al-Ulooheeyah = Tawheed of worship. This the natural follow up of Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah. Once we have acknowledged that Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) is our creator, in other words we have acknowledged Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah, we reach the understanding that we have to worship that creator.

Tawheed al-Asma was siffat (names and attributes) = Natural follow up of Ulooheeyah.

Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) has perfect attributes which belongs only to Allah(subhana wa ta'ala). We say that every negative attribute does not belong to Allah(subhana wa ta'ala). Example Allah (subhana wata'ala) is Ar Rahmaan.

Most of mankind accepts Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah. If we go to a Christian and ask them “Who created you ?” they will say they "God the father". Even Hindus and Jews agree that there is one main God. Only a few groups deny Tawheed-ar-Rububeeyah. This Tawheed is engraved in the very nature of Man. Atheism has always been a minority. which is the opposite of this type of Tawheed. One religion who actually believed that there were 2 God's are the Zoroastrians (Parsi's - fire worshipers), The believe that there is a God of good and God of bad. They go against Tawheed ar-Rububeeyah.

Tawheed al-Ulooheeyah is where the majority of mankind went astray. If you ask the Christians “Who created you ?” they will say “God the father”, but if you ask them who do you ask from they will say Jesus. This is where the most mankind goes wrong. They worship other than Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) which automatically makes them in error or Tawheed al Asma was siffat. Meaning that they give attributes which belong only to Allah(subhana wa ta'ala) to which ever they worship, which is Shirk (Associating partners)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrated Ubadah bin As-Samit ( R.A) that Allah's Messenger ( saw) said:

"Whoever testifies that there is nothing worthy of worship in truth ( no GOD) except Allah Alone, Who is without ( peer or) partner , and that Muhmmad is His slave and Messenger, and 'Iesa( Jesus) is the slave of Allah, His Messenger, and His word which He bestowed in Maryam( Mary) and a spirit ( created) from Him , andthat Paradise & Hell-fire are realities, Alah will admit him into Paradise, whatever hisdeds might be." ( Sahih Al- Bukhari, Hadeeth No. 3253)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see the difference between Christianity and Islam is Monotheism, that we Muslims stay firm on the stance of Tawheed and reject every sort of Man-God worship which christians are upon weather they are worshipping Jesus, or Pope John, or Pual, or even Prophet Muhammad.

Because everything which a person worships besides the creator is Shirk(Polytheism).

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Allah the Almighty said:

“ Verily , Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him in worship, but He forgives except that ( anything else) to whom He pleases.” ( 4:48,116)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surah 5:72 Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.
73 Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.
74 Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful.
75 The Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother (Maryam (Mary)) was a Siddiqah (i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)). They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).
76 Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the AllHearer, AllKnower."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So as you can see christians deny that the creator should be worshipped alone but they worship Jesus a creation because they believe they will "get" Interseccion". This is the same thing which the Pagan Arabs used to do. They believed in Allah but they made Idols and set up Angels for worship because they "believed" they will help them get closer to Allah and make "Interseccion" on their Behalf. And All of these Paganistic Acts are rejected by Islam.

mahdi

hello

Greetings. I am Christian and have been for over 25 years. I have been chatting over the internet with a Muslim about the differences with our two faiths, particulary about the way Islam sees Jesus. I would like to discuss Jesus and the way I see Him and the way Islam sees Him. Please be sincere and not out to bash me because I am Christian and I will show you the same respect.

welcome to TTI, don't worry no one is going to bash you, we will treat you with respect, and we will also do the best we can to help you understand who Jesus really is.
Muslim are very clear who God is and who Jesus. The Quran answers these questions:

God! There is no god but He,(Allah)-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
And concerning jesus we stand on a clear position. He is the massiah of God, he is a messneger and a prophet of God. He was born miracalously without a father, He did many miracles with the permission of god, he was the word of God, he was given knowledge and the injiil (Gospel). he came to confirm the Law. NOT to abolish it. and not also to tell us that God has a son, while moses and the previous prophets made it clear that God is one, and he he doesn't share his kingdom with any one.

When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65

Christ, the son of Mary, was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how God makes His signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!" (5:75).

Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird by Allah’s leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah’s leave. And I announce to you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you if you are to be believers.
And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path. (Qur’an 3: 49-51).

Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. (Qur’an 3:59).

What do christains really believe in jesus is another question that comes to my mind, i have noticed that christians vary concerning who jesus is. and there is a reason to this. the problem doesn't came from the people but from the actual bible. i will post various verses from the bible, and PLZ 168ware tell me if someone could believe jesus is God, after reading these verses.
Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.” (Acts 2:22).

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus.” (Acts 3:13).
ay after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” (Acts 5:42).

We must obey God rather than men! The God of our fathers raised Jesus...” (Acts 5:29-30).

Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30)
Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.’” (Mark 12:32)

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3)
God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever.” (1 Timothy 6:15-16).

I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.” (John 20:17).
you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.” (John 8:40)

well i think i need to stop, because i can go on. Anyone who see's this will not believe that jesus is divine, NOT even those who lack knowledge of religion. But the question i ask my self is, how will a christian explain these verses. It was funny that one christian answered me that Jesus was acting, or pretending. and i said, are you saying Jesus was lying when he said all of this, you are accusing Jesus of Hypocrisy.guess what, that shut him up

thank you for reading this long post, i hope this made sense

Hi t68ware,

I hope you found some of the information provided useful. Isa (in Arabic) or Jesus (in English), peace be upon him(pbuh), is a great prophet in Islam.

The Quran recalls his miraculous birth, his teachings, the miracles he performed by God's permission, and his life as a respected prophet of God. The Quran also repeatedly reminds that Jesus was a human prophet sent by God, not part of God Himself.

We Muslim have come in terms with the Christians and say we believe in Jesus(pbuh) now will you come in terms with us and believe in Muhammad (pbuh) as the seal of the Prophets?

We Muslim don't worship Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, David, Jacob, Adam, or any of the prophet (peace and blessing upon all of them) but we worship the Creator of the heavens and the earth. We worship:

Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory).
(Quran, 2:255)

Feel free to use the search buttom, you'll find abundant information about Jesus (pbuh) on this forum. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

[yt]BHoUWqFx7D8[/yt]

Omaar_K

Salam / Hello

The main difference between Islam and Christianity is they way you see Jesus (PBUH) .. we see Jesus as Messenger of God, A Prophet.. you see Jesus as God or the Son of God right?

well the best way to guide and show someone the right way is to start of by showing them from their own Bible ( which you belive in ) what jesus was.

No where in the Bible does Jesus say im God or Worship me.. i can think of two things u might say, which are "I And My Father Are One" and " I Am The Way, The Truth and the Life"

now this is where most christians get the idea that Jesus is God, now if we read these Quotes in Context, you will come to see that Jesus didnt mean he was God.. i will Explain now..

we start off from the start..

John 14

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

now i agree with this statement 100% , Jesus was the way the truth during his time.. Every prophet was the way and the truth at his time.. this statement means if u Follow Jesus you are following God.. so what Jesus is saying is if you follow his teachings you are following the teachings of almighty God, which i agree..

Now we come to the next Quote.. " I And My Father Are One "... lets read this in Context, we start off from John 10:23..

23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.

25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

so if you read this you will come to notice that Jesus and God are ONE in purpose, Jesus is talking about the Good work he has done and that noone can pluck them out of his hand and then he says no one can pluck them out of his fathers hand.. I And my Father Are One... which means they are ONE in purpose conveing the message of God. but if u insist that Jesus meant ONE as a person then no problem.. lets carry on reading..

John 17:21
21That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

now if we read this we come to notice that Jesus says my father is in me, and i in thee ( referring to his 12 disciples ) we all are ONE... so if you want to belive that Jesus meant ONE as a person that means you have to Belive in 14 Gods ( Jesus, God and the 12 disciples)?

thank you for reading this..

i hope i have opened your eyes and inshallah you have seen the truth..

feel free to answer back if you feel i have interprentated the Bible wrong

shichemlydia

trial to help...

salam alikoum,
i hope you are doing well,
i will tell you how islam sees jesus (peace be up on him), jesus is a normal prophet like mohamed, ibrahim, david , soleiman, john.....he is one of the messengers who were sent by allah to teach the people about their lord, recently i have been listening to a lot of tectures about the bible, and i recognised that even the bibe itself says the same thing as the muslims believe" the first commendmant, god should not have others gods beside god" " i do the will of the father" i cannot do anything myself" " ......and a lot like these verses of the bible.
in fact, you cannot relly so much on the bible of today, because you know that it was corrupted and changed, so the people deleted the verses which do not serve them, like the lifting of jesus by allah.
we, muslims believe in the bible that was with jesus, but if you tell me about the bibles of today, i will tell you they were written by men, so you are following a man made religion, and allah is not going to accept a religion axcept the one he sent. because the religion does not need someone to come and enhance it, because if we do so, it will seem like you know better than allah (swt).
in addition , jesus, in the bible informed the people that there is a messenger who is coming after him, and he told them, when he comes he will speak about me, and he will explain everything in details, and the things he will come up with, will stay with you forever.
i hope i have bothered you with this long thread,
wa salam alikoum

hellbraker

Salam / Hello

The main difference between Islam and Christianity is they way you see Jesus (PBUH) .. we see Jesus as Messenger of God, A Prophet.. you see Jesus as God or the Son of God right?

well the best way to guide and show someone the right way is to start of by showing them from their own Bible ( which you belive in ) what jesus was.

No where in the Bible does Jesus say im God or Worship me.. i can think of two things u might say, which are "I And My Father Are One" and " I Am The Way, The Truth and the Life"

now this is where most christians get the idea that Jesus is God, now if we read these Quotes in Context, you will come to see that Jesus didnt mean he was God.. i will Explain now..

we start off from the start..

John 14

now i agree with this statement 100% , Jesus was the way the truth during his time.. Every prophet was the way and the truth at his time.. this statement means if u Follow Jesus you are following God.. so what Jesus is saying is if you follow his teachings you are following the teachings of almighty God, which i agree..

Now we come to the next Quote.. " I And My Father Are One "... lets read this in Context, we start off from John 10:23..

so if you read this you will come to notice that Jesus and God are ONE in purpose, Jesus is talking about the Good work he has done and that noone can pluck them out of his hand and then he says no one can pluck them out of his fathers hand.. I And my Father Are One... which means they are ONE in purpose conveing the message of God. but if u insist that Jesus meant ONE as a person then no problem.. lets carry on reading..

now if we read this we come to notice that Jesus says my father is in me, and i in thee ( referring to his 12 disciples ) we all are ONE... so if you want to belive that Jesus meant ONE as a person that means you have to Belive in 14 Gods ( Jesus, God and the 12 disciples)?

thank you for reading this..

i hope i have opened your eyes and inshallah you have seen the truth..

feel free to answer back if you feel i have interprentated the Bible wrong

Thank you Omaar my brother,
I have some questions,will u or some one else clarify it 4 me?
Thanks

John 14:7
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

I ask you this,how can the disciples see God when its also written that no one has seen God in the Bible?

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

Here Jesus is claiming to be God.You know this from verse 33 when the people accuses him:

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Here Jesus is not referring to his disciples when he says "I in thee".Here Jesus is referring to God.

So from these verses you see that Jesus is having same status as God.

Please correct me if Im wrong.
Thank u
Peace b with u

Abel213

:wasalam:

Thanks

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

I ask you this,how can the disciples see God when its also written that no one has seen God in the Bible?

I and my Father are one.

Here Jesus is claiming to be God.You know this from verse 33 when the people accuses him:

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Here Jesus is not referring to his disciples when he says "I in thee".Here Jesus is referring to God.

Thank u
Peace b with u

Thank you for being very respectful, but I have to say that the Bible is not considered by Muslims to be a reputable document. It would be like if I used the Quran to debate you... It wouldn't work because Christians don't accept the Quran.

Edit: Muslims believe that the Bible is from God. However also believe that Bible has strayed from the true monotheism(Tawheed) due to human tampering and diluted meaning.

hellbraker

:wasalam:

Thank you for being very respectful, but I have to say that the Bible is not considered by Muslims to be a reputable document. It would be like if I used the Quran to debate you... It wouldn't work because Christians don't accept the Quran.

Edit: Muslims believe that the Bible is from God. However also believe that Bible has strayed from the true monotheism(Tawheed) due to human tampering and diluted meaning.

Thank you Abel,
I actually thought about what you will say before i even posted my previous post.I knew someone will say the exact thing which you posted.I thought of posting like this at the end of my previuos post "Please dont say that Bible is corrupted as it will lead me no where".But then i thought some one here will actually help me in this so I did not post it.Any way thanks.

I could have joined and asked these same questions in any other Christian forums which are all over the internet.But I wanted the answers from you guys and not Christians,because Christians always support Christianity.I want to learn with and from you guys here as Im not afraid of any soft feeling towards Christianity.But when you just say that the Bible has been corrupted and can not be believed or even read form the first word in the first chapter to the last word in the Book of Revelations,it just leaves me with no option to learn Christianity(other than to accept Islam).

But I value ur comments still.
Thanks a million.
Peace b with you.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Hello Hellbraker
Thank you Abel,
I actually thought about what you will say before i even posted my previous post.I knew someone will say the exact thing which you posted.I thought of posting like this at the end of my previuos post "Please dont say that Bible is corrupted as it will lead me no where".But then i thought some one here will actually help me in this so I did not post it.Any way thanks.

I could have joined and asked these same questions in any other Christian forums which are all over the internet.But I wanted the answers from you guys and not Christians,because Christians always support Christianity.I want to learn with and from you guys here as Im not afraid of any soft feeling towards Christianity.But when you just say that the Bible has been corrupted and can not be believed or even read form the first word in the first chapter to the last word in the Book of Revelations,it just leaves me with no option to learn Christianity(other than to accept Islam).

But I value ur comments still.
Thanks a million.
Peace b with you.
I personally feel that you have genuine intentions in asking questions so I am trying to put here what I know about this issue.

Narrated AbuNamlah al-Ansari: "When he was sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and a Jew was also with him, a funeral passed by him. He (the Jew) asked (Him): Muhammad, does this funeral speak? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has more knowledge. The Jew said: It speaks.
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Whatever the people of the Book [Jews and Christians] tell you, do not verify them, nor falsify them, but say: We believe in Allah and His Apostle. If it is false, do not confirm it, and if it is right, do not falsify it.(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3637)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Apostle said (to the Muslims). 'Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.' ' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 460)"

So we beleive that these books were originally sent by Allah and he has now sent the Quran as his final message. We do accept from the previous books which the Quran confirms and reject what contradicts it as Allah said,
And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad SAW) the Book (this Qur'ân) in truth, confirming the Scripture that came before it and Muhaymin (trustworthy in highness and a witness) over it (old Scriptures).
For example we believe what Jesus said when asked about the most important commandment.
28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[g]There is no commandment greater than these."

32"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." 34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."
See to whom Jesus says that they are not far from the Kingdom of God and you also know what he said in Matthew 7:19 where he rejected the idea that those who call him lord will be enterd into the kingdom of God but he said that those who follow the will (commandments) of God will enter it. Quran confirms it and tells us,
Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah Īsā (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah Īsā(Jesus) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode[]. And for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers (72) Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no llâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God -Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall on the disbelievers among them (73) Will they not turn with repentance to Allâh and ask His Forgiveness? For Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.[] (74)
I sincerly tell you that from the very first messenger to the last (Peace be upon them all) what God taught us was his oneness and he hates ascribing partners to him the most. Try to ask yourself how Mithras, Horus, Isis and Osiris are pagans and the Christian belief is not when they have the same man-God concepts. Jesus being a true messenger of God can never call himself equal with God as Allah tells us in the Quran.
It is not (possible) for any human being to whom Allâh has given the Book and Al-Hukm (the knowledge and understanding of the laws of religion) and Prophethood to say to the people: "Be my worshippers rather than Allâh's." On the contrary (he would say): "Be you Rabbaniyyun (learned men of religion who practise what they know and also preach others), because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it." (79) Nor would he order you to take angels and Prophets for lords (gods)[]. Would he order you to disbelieve after you have submitted to Allâh's Will?
I hope this will help and I pray to God almighty that he opens up your heart and mind and make you worship him alone without ascribing any partners to him as this is the message that all the messengers came with and this is the foundation of the religion.

hellbraker

Hello HellbrakerI personally feel that you have genuine intentions in asking questions so I am trying to put here what I know about this issue.

Narrated AbuNamlah al-Ansari: "When he was sitting with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and a Jew was also with him, a funeral passed by him. He (the Jew) asked (Him): Muhammad, does this funeral speak? The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Allah has more knowledge. The Jew said: It speaks.
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Whatever the people of the Book [Jews and Christians] tell you, do not verify them, nor falsify them, but say: We believe in Allah and His Apostle. If it is false, do not confirm it, and if it is right, do not falsify it.(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Knowledge (Kitab Al-Ilm), Book 25, Number 3637)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "The people of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and then explain it in Arabic to the Muslims. Allah's Apostle said (to the Muslims). 'Do not believe the people of the Book, nor disbelieve them, but say, 'We believe in Allah and whatever is revealed to us, and whatever is revealed to you.' ' (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Holding Fast to the Qur'an and Sunnah, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 460)"

So we beleive that these books were originally sent by Allah and he has now sent the Quran as his final message. We do accept from the previous books which the Quran confirms and reject what contradicts it as Allah said,
For example we believe what Jesus said when asked about the most important commandment.
See to whom Jesus says that they are not far from the Kingdom of God and you also know what he said in Matthew 7:19 where he rejected the idea that those who call him lord will be enterd into the kingdom of God but he said that those who follow the will (commandments) of God will enter it. Quran confirms it and tells us,
I sincerly tell you that from the very first messenger to the last (Peace be upon them all) what God taught us was his oneness and he hates ascribing partners to him the most. Try to ask yourself how Mithras, Horus, Isis and Osiris are pagans and the Christian belief is not when they have the same man-God concepts. Jesus being a true messenger of God can never call himself equal with God as Allah tells us in the Quran.
I hope this will help and I pray to God almighty that he opens up your heart and mind and make you worship him alone without ascribing any partners to him as this is the message that all the messengers came with and this is the foundation of the religion.

Thank you so much,I may reply l8r.
Peace b with you.

mahdi

hello,

Thanks

I and my Father are one.

Thank u
Peace b with u
From what i see you have disregarded some verses of your holy bible. and believed parts of it, but as a christian you should believe the bible 100%. i think you have seen many responses from the muslims in the web, they have proved that jesus was not God from your bible, you should be the one who is explaining those verses and what they meant. not contradicting the bible

what if You showed me a verses in the qoran that says mohmmed SAW is not a messenger, and i show you a verse that says mohammed SAW is a messenger of God? what will that tell you about the qoran?

I will try my best to provide you with a video that answers your question. but you should also respond to the verses i posted, and explain it to the poeple.

[yt]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpvLFt0iVA[/yt]

mahdi

hello,

Thanks

I and my Father are one.

Thank u
Peace b with u
From what i see you have disregarded some verses of your holy bible. and believed parts of it, but as a christian you should believe the bible 100%. i think you have seen many responses from the muslims in the web, they have proved that jesus was not God from your bible, you should be the one who is explaining those verses and what they meant. not contradicting the bible

what if You showed me a verses in the qoran that says mohmmed SAW is not a messenger, and i show you a verse that says mohammed SAW is a messenger of God? what will that tell you about the qoran?

I will try my best to provide you with a video that answers your question. but you should also respond to the verses i posted, and explain it to the poeple.

[yt]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpvLFt0iVA[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ubWncH28K0&feature=related[/yt]
if the video doesn't load, here is the web, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrpvLFt0iVA

Omaar_K

Thanks

I and my Father are one.

Thank u
Peace b with u

Salam Brother..

thank you for replying... i will try to answer your questions as much as possible...

Ok John 14:7,

when Jesus says:

if u read from the start of John you will understand that Jesus meant i and my father are one in PURPOSE , so John 14:7, is then saying thoose who have seen me have seen the father meaning those who follow me are following the fathers teachings..

because if u got back to John 14:2 it says in my FATHERS house there are many mansions... Jesus doesnt say in MY house there are many mansions, so when we read we come to understand he is talking about almighty God..

and u clarified it even more when you said in the Bible it says noone has seen God therefore it will mean in purpose... if u mean seen God literally then there is a contradiction in the Bible..?

ok now lets talk about your next Question..
lets read from after Jesus says: I and My Father are One

31Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

See the Jews know, the jews wanted to kill him because of good riddance ( just an excuse to kill him ), but u see the christians claim he claimed Divinity because for redemption... Now Verse 32 gives you the answer..

32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

See if you read the Jews want to kill him because they say Jesus is claiming Divinity... so Jesus replies;

34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

So here it is saying is it not written in your law, if u call the person whom the word of God has come, God, the scripture is not broken.. and if you cross reference this with Psalms 82:6 it says: Ye are Gods. So nowhere is Jesus claiming Divinity...

I Hope i have helped you understand the Bible and if you still disagree please can you say why.

Omaar_K

sorry i forgot to reply to your last question referring to..

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me

when Jesus says this he is talking to he Diciples .. he saying.. as the father is in me.. and i am in you ( pointing at all the diciples) we all are ONE.. because there were all ONE in the purpose of conveing the message of God...

i dont think i can make it anymore clearer to you...

i hope i have guided you in some way, or at least opened your eyes to understand the bible

wa alaikum as salam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Brothers and Sisters, just a reminder - let us be careful and not overload those seeking more information in relation to Islaam. If there is a good post which most likely answers the question then i feel it would be best to let the questioner reply back [so as to see what they think/any questions thay may have].

I only say this because one can be put-off by such vast information.

Indeed - Allaah guides whom He wills.

Forgive me if i have wronged anyone - it was a simple observation. [Alhamdu'Lillaah, it shows everyone's eagerness to help those learning more, Insha'Allaah i haven't knocked this [eagerness] in any way, shape or form.]

May Allah reward you with good.

Ameen.

Walaykum Salaam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I agree with brother Ditta above. We have to be careful not to overload people with information. We're not sure of their stance, nor how they are viewing things, so to place things simply without them asking for it, may not result well. We encourage questions and love that our brothers and sisters are so eager and quick in responding.

Also along with that, we should not go off topic in their threads. We should make our own threads if we have questions to something, or want to discuss something else. Else it is undermining the intentions of the original poster.

Barakallahu feekum <3 this too is my opinion.

wasalam