christian channels

opaline

GRAAAAAAAWWGGH!!! ive had it up to my nose with people blindly using proposterous conjecture about islam. "its a religion of war,hatred and the more you become pious the more you are violent and disrespectful of others" and they grabbed the aya which said do not befriend jews or nasarah (or something to that extent) and another aya which talked about how to treat parents that are mushrikeen (following other religions)...well excuuuuuuuuuuse me! god also said in the quran some of nasarah are good! (somwhere i read it for sure in some context)they ignore that and look for another ayah...which i have no idea under what context it falls under but comeon god isnt a 5 year old kid thats saying "dont go talkin to those other peoples cuz they aint cool" what the hell! :astag: just needed to let out some steam.honestly some uneducated *beep* people...*beep* telling us what the *beep* to do...*beeeeeeeeep*

sometimes i jump on this forum and i honestly get a little nervous when i see the topics...there always seems to be something haram that i didnt kno about...so...besides the obvious (dont kill people), can somebody provide me with the less obvious but imprtant sins? like listening to music and drawing pictures and so on...what else?

im afraid i have soooooooooo much to learn about my religion but have nowhere to begin.so im gonna read al seera al nabaweeya (the prophet's [PBUH] biography) and the quran (im doing it slowwly) and i do some zaka and thikr (mentioning god) and i am currently not killinng people (which is proving quite a difficult task considering all the annoying teenagers around me)...i know that hypocracy and betrayal and lieing and stealing...sins...ok...what else? someone tell me is it such a huge religion? id hate to die tomorrow and then go face god and feel ashamed and say "wooaah i did not know that actually..." because i know i will get an equally painful punishment as a slap with a pan on my face and "this is your religion you should kno!"

any other brothers and sisters feeling the same? share share!

aiiiiee...most of the time when people talk about islam i get scared..besides amro khaled there's no one that focuses on the positives which is kinda a shame.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
any other brothers and sisters feeling the same? share share!
aiiiiee...most of the time when people talk about islam i get scared..besides amro khaled there's no one that focuses on the positives which is kinda a shame.

:rolleyes: stop watching the christian channels :p, if you cant see it for what it is i.e. comedy, then leave off it.

Amr Khaled, lol, I know hes inspired many and he's popular but I dont fnd him particularly ground breaking, you should try and progress from listening to simple (yet important) encouragement from people like Amr Khaled and listen to proper Shuyookh.

We're not punished for things we did because we didnt know they were haraam or something, so you shouldnt be nervous about finding out, once you know, just repent and make a decision not to do it inshaAllah. :)

El Gordito

strength thru faith
wasalaamu alaikum

don't fear their ignorance...

ignorance begets fear, fear begets hatred...

they don't understand, and if anything, this should strengthen your iman...

just think, why would they be so vehement in ridiculing and challenging the Deen ?

1) it must make sense, and it forces them to look at the wrongs they commit in their lives, which they know are wrong, but because they have become accepted in mainstream society, they want to hold on to it..
2) it is scary for them to think that they could ever do something which isn't holier than the next man (western thinking), which means they want to do everything within their power to destroy something which can never be destroyed..

stay strong Opaline, there will be many tests like this.. I am going thru one right now... with of all people , my own wife (christian)..

if only these retaliatory people knew that the key to many problems like this are very simple - faith, knowledge, understanding, and tolerance..

opaline

I am going thru one right now... with of all people , my own wife (christian)..

if only these retaliatory people knew that the key to many problems like this are very simple - faith, knowledge, understanding, and tolerance..

im very sorry to hear that you're in such a difficult situation,and even though there are tests for your faith,one still feels afraid if they're gonna make god proud or give in. so hang in there,my prayers of support are with you,may Allah inspire you with the right things to say to her.but remember that ultimately its in god's hands to guide or lead astray anyone he pleases. ill pray for both u guys,thanks alot for your shared support about this issue,living in a western country aint exactly a piece of cake but inshallah we'll make god proud :)

smile ya! :)

palestine

Servant of Allah
Firstly allah will not punish you for not knowing the deen. Knowledge is endless. you see the important thing is to act upon how much you know. it won't benefit you to know lots and not act upon it. so if you know one aya, learn it's meaning and act upon it and also teach others to it. If you die knowing so much but not having acted up on it, then there was no use of learning it. but if you know a little even little as a word you act up on it,you will recieve a great reward for it. inshallah don't watch those channels they'll make you madder and confuse you about ur faith. watch islamic channels on the internet. Salam.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum Opaline!

I enjoyed reading your post alot. You spelt out your inner emotions so clearly, yet in a very humorous way.

You are right that many of us develop a not very optimistic approach when it comes to Islam.
Faith is located between fear and hope. If either of them dominates excessively, chances are that we may ignore our responsibilities towards ourselves, family, humanity and Allah.

It would be unfair if we forget that life is a blessing of Allah and not a curse which should be spent as a burden.

While we have fear of going to hell, we should be hopeful that one day we shall go to heaven inshallah as we witness that "There is none worthy of worship, but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah".

When we put our forehead on the ground and prostrate to the almighty, HE is compassionate and the best in rewarding. He invites us to ask him so that he will accept our prayers.

And remember that Allah says:
39:53 Say:
"O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

There may be numerous sins surrounding us, but if we try to avoid them the best as we can and our intentions are good, then Allah is most forgiving.

Allah is just and he doesn't burden us more than we can carry.

May Allah be pleased with you, me and all muslims, ameen.