Christian Councilman Named His Dog 'Muhammad'

Ayesha Mujahida

I personally don't have a problem with someone naming their pet "Muhammed" I have met some people that have named their beloved pets by that name and did so because they liked it. Also it is a common name.

I had a neighbor that just moved out last month who had a dog named Muhammed, but he explained to me that he named it after the boxer Muhammed Ali as the guy was into boxing and wrestling and Muhammed Ali was his favorite boxer and someone he looked up to. So naming his dog Muhammed wasn't done out of malice.

With that said, what this councilman did was out of malice and was being used intentionally to upset Muslims. What he did was wrong and really shows his prejudice against Muslims. Being an American, I am ashamed to even be associated with such people. I personally would not name my pet after any religious figures as I think that cheapens the name, rather I'd use something whimsical like I Don't Know or Ask Him.

ayesha.ansari

May ALLAH guide them

Sad to hear this. but instead of burning and breaking things we all need to focus on what are those problem which Muslims are facing . :tti_sister: