Christian Sister

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaam Alaikum,
My sister who is christian is getting baptized at her church. I have already told her i'm not going to her baptism, because i don't support her decision. But there's going to be like a lunch or dinner at my mom's house afterwards. I still feel like this is celebrating her embracing christianity and don't really feel like i should show encouragement?? Any suggestions? Thanks all for your advice.
Walaikum Salaam,
Sr. Hannah
And just as a side question what's the ruling on hitting a woman in Islam. I know the basics, but detailed would be good.

renton

even if you dont agree with life decisions, you can still be happy for your sister.
She will presumably already know how you feel, so supporting her and showing you are happy that she is happy would mean a lot, and show your love.

Amirah84

:salam2:

I hope your in the best state of emaan and health sister. My classmate was telling me she was baptised this saturday. She said she was renewing her faith to christianity. For her it was a great thing and she was sooo happy, but I felt really sad for her sake and pray that Allah guide her from the falshood she is in.

I don't think you need to go...however it is probably best to be sensitive towards your sister and although you don't agree with her be kind towards her. I don't know if u should go to the dinner.

I'm sorry maybe wasn't very helpful,

tak ecare
Sister Amirah

Amirah84

oh yes, the ruling on hitting a woman in Islam. Islam teaches us that the best of men are those who are best to their wifes, and our Prophet peace be upon him was the best of men as he was best to his wife. women are to be respected and not annoyed, shown mercy and not be abused.
In terms of the case when there are problems within a marriage there are a set of measure to be followed and I think you can find the answe to you question at http://understand-islam.net. Check under women in islam.

inhsaLAlah hope thats helpful,

take care
Sister Amirah

Hannah123

One Truth
:salam2:
I wasn't talking about hitting my sister..lol...i would never. But i feel if i go to the dinner they might pray the way they pray and talk about being baptized and just stuff i don't need to hear, and things i don't agree with. Thanks for your advice. The hitting advice is for my own use. Insha'Allah i will find the answers i need.
:wasalam:

Salaamalikum sister,

I firmly believe if you go you will show the character of a Muslim to a non-Muslim. They will see the beauty and light of Islam when they see your manners, when you are praying, the way you are dress, etc. It clears many biases they have or would have. Hence, you should attend and be happy for your sister. You should make dawa for her and ask Allah to guide her to the right path. You never know, maybe your sister will one day reflect on your character and see the beauty of Islam and ask you questions. A Muslim has to show great character towards non-Muslims too.

Remember, the story of the Prophet (saw) who visited and took care of his sick Jewish neighbor, even though that person did not like him. But when one day he (saw) did not visit her, she really missed him and his gentle caring.

Allah does not prohibit you from being kind and just to those who have not fought you on account of religion, nor expelled you from your homes. Allah loves those who are just. Allah only prohibits you from being intimate friends with those who have fought you on account of religion, and expelled you from your homes, and assisted others in your expulsion. Whoever befriends them is a wrongdoer. [Surah al-Hujurat (60), 8-9]

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem wrahamatullahi wbarakatuh,

Be carefull with answering her Question dear brothers and sisters. She is asking for an islamic answer i think, so give her also an islamic answer. Call for her de Scholars or seek an answer from a scholar.

visiting someone because of a sickness is something else.
Be happy for someone is something else.

How can you be happy for someone who converts to Christianity. As a muslim you cann't be happy, because you know the result if she dies as a christian.

And also visiting someone who is sick has nothing to do with encouraging this person to be sick. But if you participate with a dinner for someone ( sister, brother or father etc...) who is baptised it may give him/her a feeling you encourage him/her

So be carefull. Don't mix differend things. Subhanallah many people in this time they want to give very fast an answer. That's the only thing i want to say. I think i know the answer, but i have to look for scholars advice for you.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

Imad

The Fatwa of the Standing Committee

The Standing Committee was also asked a question about Valentine:

Some people celebrate the fourteenth day of February of each Christian year as the Day of Love (Valentine’s Day), where they exchange gifts of red roses and wear red clothes, and congratulate one another. Some the bakeries make sweets that are red in colour, with hearts drawn on them, and some stores have advertisements for their products that are especially for this day. What is your opinion?

The Committee replied:

It is harâm for the Muslim to help with this festival or any other harâm celebration in any way, be it food, drink, buying, selling, manufacturing, corresponding, advertising or in any other way, because all of that constitutes helping one another in sin, transgression and disobedience towards Allâh and His Messenger, and Allâh says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Help you one another in Al Birr and At Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Severe in punishment”[al-Mâ’idah 5:2]

So the Muslim must adhere to the Qur’ân and Sunnah in all his affairs, especially at times of fitan (temptation and tribulation) and when corruption is widespread. He should be smart and be careful to avoid falling into the misguidance of those who have earned the anger of Allâh and of those who went astray, and of the evildoers who hope not for reward from Allâh and do not show any respect towards Islam. The Muslim should seek refuge with Allâh and ask for His guidance and for help to adhere steadfastly to it, because none can guide except Allâh and none can make us remain steadfast except Him. And Allâh is the Source of strength. May Allâh bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Al-Lajnah al-Dâ’imah li’l-Buhûth al-‘Ilmiyah wa’l-Iftâ’

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

You may ask yourself the Question: " Why did he post something about Valentine? ".
The subject is valentine, but the answer is general.

The answer of the Commitee says clearly: " celebration in any way, be it food, drink, buying, selling, manufacturing, corresponding, advertising or in any other way"

Allah subhanahu wat3ala Says clearly:

Help you one another in Al Birr and At Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Severe in punishment”[al-Mâ’idah 5:2]

If i find a more specific answer i will insha Allah post it .......

wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

I totally agree with you broher.

The biggest problem of the ummah in the recent time is that, every person has become a 'Selfmade Mufti'. People feel really hard to say "I dont know" (I also sometimes feel hard :))

Now talking about the happiness of the sister:

Even Islam has obliged the believers to respect their parents and be obidient to them even if they are non-Muslims but there is an exception. A very big exception. That is, If your parents ask you to do something against the teachings of Allah SWT and his Prophet (SAW) then do NOT obey them (no matter they are muslim or not).

And over that, selfmade muftis are saying that sister can go to the party of her sister who has been baptised, means who has done that thing on which Allah Suhaanuh Wataalah says:

019.088 They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!"

019.089 Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous!

019.090 At it the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin,

019.091 That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious.

019.092 For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son.

019.093 Not one of the beings in the heavens and the earth but must come to (Allah) Most Gracious as a servant.

Al-Qur'an, 019.088-093 (Maryam [Mary])

How can you Abuse the Lord of Universe for the sake of happiness of your sister?

It is good to make your sister and mother happy, but not at the cost of your faith.

Wassalaam,
VE

Assalmoelaikoem wrahamatullahi wbarakatuh,

Be carefull with answering her Question dear brothers and sisters. She is asking for an islamic answer i think, so give her also an islamic answer. Call for her de Scholars or seek an answer from a scholar.

visiting someone because of a sickness is something else.
Be happy for someone is something else.

How can you be happy for someone who converts to Christianity. As a muslim you cann't be happy, because you know the result if she dies as a christian.

And also visiting someone who is sick has nothing to do with encouraging this person to be sick. But if you participate with a dinner for someone ( sister, brother or father etc...) who is baptised it may give him/her a feeling you encourage him/her

So be carefull. Don't mix differend things. Subhanallah many people in this time they want to give very fast an answer. That's the only thing i want to say. I think i know the answer, but i have to look for scholars advice for you.

Imad

baffo10

I don't think hitting your sister is a good idea: no matter how silly her choices in life.
Assalamo alekom all
about Valentine i love my wife everyday ,
i dont need to make special day for loving her or every year 1 day cos i love her a whole year.
about baptism its harram to be part of that coz ‘Every new-born child is born in a state of fitrah. Then his parents make him a Jew, a Christian or a Magian, just as an animal is born intact.
so do u wana part of some adult person to convert to christanity or any other relegion?????????? ask ur self !!!! Jazakumu Allahu Khayran.ur brother in Islam - from Australia.

Imad

How can you Abuse the Lord of the Universe for the sake of happiness of your sister?

She didn't abuse anyone. She only asks if it's permissible/sugestions.

I think she is a good muslim Wallilahi el hamd. You get such Questions only from good muslims ( that's my experience)

Keep the good work dear sister, my thumb is pointing to the sky

Imad

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

She didn't abuse anyone. She only asks if it's permissible/sugestions.

I think she is a good muslim Wallilahi el hamd. You get such Questions only from good muslims ( that's my experience)

Keep the good work dear sister, my thumb is pointing to the sky

Imad

Sorry, I did not mean she is doing this. But it was some sort of contexual question. Celeberating someones Shirk is itself an indirect admission of that shirk. And shirk is the association of a partner to the ONE CREATOR. And if someone says God begotted (Naoozubillah) then he associated the act of animals to God. Thats an abuse.

And Allah Knows the best and I know negligible.

Wassalaam,
VE

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
i think that would probably get the same reaction as if she asked you to convert!

Hello Mr. Renton,

How is it going? :)

You are free to call others to your faith, there is no compulsion for the lady who was baptized. She will face her deeds and we will face ours. Inviting her to the right path is our duty but nothing more than that. As my Creator has said in best words:

109.001 Say : O ye that reject Faith!

109.002 I worship not that which ye worship,

109.003 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

109.004 And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

109.005 Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

109.006 To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Al-Qur'an, 109.001-006 (Al-Kafiroon [The Disbelievers, Atheists])

You will not find any question about faith which has not been answered by our Creator in Qur'an.

Bye,
VE

renton

indeed. i myself have no faith (unless science sounts as a religion, which i suppose it sort of does - it's a belief structure)
all i was saying is that they feel the same way as you I'm sure.