Christians 'face deportation' in Saudi Arabia

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

I still do not understand what you mean.

The post is about a political network. It is about deportation. It is about jailing people who are breaking a law.

My point is simply in agreement with the brother. Jails are not nice places.

The KSA has a stance. It is not a matter of agreement about the stance. A group of people, 35, broke a law. They are being detained. Detainees are not held in hotels. Jails are not warm and cozy.

This is a political issue not a religious issue.

Where does it say that 35 people broke the law?

No Aapa, it is not about the breaking of the law. The Christians were engaged in prayer in a private setting; the law in KSA is that non muslims cannot engage in prayer services in public. Hence the law was not broken, but the religious police arrested and jailed them anyway. Furthermore, the article says the women were strip searched by the religious police. Surely, there is nothing in KSA law that allows men to strip search women, given that the KSA is an Islamic country?

Being detained does not mean one should be "jailed". One should be jailed if they have been proven to have committed a criminal offence.

Besides, we should take a stance against laws that are inherently wrong, regardless of where they are enacted.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Awaiting deportation...usually means breaking a law...

Here in the US we call that Homeland Security violating their own citizens.

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Awaiting deportation...usually means breaking a law...

Here in the US we call that Homeland Security violating their own citizens.

Thats right. And my point is that they did not break the law (read the article) YET they are being detained (read article) while awaiting deportation (read article).

I'm not sure I understand the syntax in the last sentence of your post, but anyway, we should stick to what is at issue here -- is the KSA punishing Christians for breaking the law or for some other reason. It appears from the article that the latter is the answer, along witha random strip search of women. Here in Canada that is only performed by female police officers on female suspects.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

But it does not make sense. Sister..it makes little sense. A person is not stripped searched for drugs if they are not suspected of carrying any. Stip searches are for weapons.

And my issue is a little more universal. Why can a country not have the right to its religion. If a country is Muslim and they tell you they are Muslim and they only want Muslims..what is wrong with that.

What is wrong with a country that knows the only right is Islam. And as a nation they do not wish to allow another faith to live with them. We pray everyday not to be like Christians, lost and confused.

That group choose to go to the land; they had knowledge before hand. It almost like gay people wanting to marry. You know that most of society will not tolerate it. I

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

But it does not make sense. Sister..it makes little sense. A person is not stripped searched for drugs if they are not suspected of carrying any. Stip searches are for weapons.

And my issue is a little more universal. Why can a country not have the right to its religion. If a country is Muslim and they tell you they are Muslim and they only want Muslims..what is wrong with that.

What is wrong with a country that knows the only right is Islam. And as a nation they do not wish to allow another faith to live with them. We pray everyday not to be like Christians, lost and confused.

That group choose to go to the land; they had knowledge before hand. It almost like gay people wanting to marry. You know that most of society will not tolerate it. I

Oh Aapa
You know as well as I do that KSA allows non-muslims into the country.
And if the "only right" is Islam, then they know that Islam respects other religions. We NEVER persecute people for their religious beliefs - ESPECIALLY People of the Book. We may choose to disassociate with them. We may choose not to befriend them. But to arrest, detain and strip search? all 3 are wrong. If the only "right" in KSA is Islam, then they have an obligation to act according to Islamic precepts.

But lets be honest. The hierarchy that constitutes the KSA is hardly Islamic. In islam, there is no hierarchy amongst muslims. If I'm going to teach my child that lying is haraam then I better not lie either!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asslaam waliakum,

Let's get deeper. What is wrong with a group of people who wish to abide by a set of laws that they believe to be divine. And they wish to worship without the presence of the idols of the kufr.

Precious Star

Asslaam waliakum,

Let's get deeper. What is wrong with a group of people who wish to abide by a set of laws that they believe to be divine. And they wish to worship without the presence of the idols of the kufr.

1. What is the divine law that was broken?
2. Were the Christians praying in the presence of muslims? 3. Where were the idols? I don't see a reference to the presence of idols.
3. My islam does not include strip searching women. Please quote from quran and sunnah for justification.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikkum,

Let's see..point number three is not worthy of refuting as I know no facts. Had a Muslim man conducted himself in such a manner..know sister that the Angels of Allah will be be swift in overseeing the Punishment of Allah.

As too point number two..I am speaking in universal tones. Sister, this is not a debate. These are deeper issues. I am stuck on that word. I guess the question I am asking is why do I have to justify the rights of the kufr to practice faith upon my land. At what point can I say this is my land and I wish to keep it free of confusion and chaos.

I Divine Law I am addressing is the Law of Allah. To practice the Religion He sent down. All else is false.

Do you see what I am trying to discuss.