Circulating Chain Mail Du'as and Thikr

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
By: Ash-Shaikh Dr. Saalih Al-Fawzaan
Circulating Chain Mail Du'as And Stories by Promising Rewards and Threatening Those Who Don't Participate
All praise is due to Allaah, and may prayers of blessing and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad, and whoever supports him and follows his guidance.

To proceed:

Indeed the question has increased regarding what has been reported in cellphone messages (i.e. text messages) of admonitions that contain various types of Thikr (words of remembrance of Allaah) done in different methods, and in a number of specific ways, and at specified times. These messages also contain an encouragement to others to read them, and distribute them among friends and companions. The messages also mention that they should be distributed to such-and-such number of people from o*!ne's companions, and whoever does so will attain an abundance of great rewards and goodness in this life and the hereafter, and whoever does not distribute them will have a tremendous sin upon him, and punishment in this life and the hereafter. So from this there has spread a superstitious dream of the Shaikh Ahmad, the carrier of the keys to the room of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam). And in facing this it is obligatory that we alert the people that receiving these messages, and acting according to them, and distributing them, and circulating them; all of that is from the matter of spreading falsehood, and distributing superstitions, and cooperating with the people of superstitions and the liars. Therefore, it is incumbent upon everyone who these messages reach to reject them (i.e. recognize them as lies) and warn against them, and warn against their writers - those who are behind them. For verily they are enemies of the Sunnah, and enemies of the Ummah (the Muslim nation). And though they may hide behind the cellphones, they are never hidden from Allaah, the Most High.

Written from the matter of sincere advising to the Muslims
Dr. Saalih bin Fawzaan Al-Fawzaan, Member of the Committee of Senior Scholars
Source: Click Here
Translated by Aqeel Walker

www.calgaryislam.com

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i have never received these things before and i wouldn't want to. there is punishment for those that miss salat and other obligatory duties to ALLAH SWT. we can find out about these things in the quran and the sunnah. therefore sending chain letters is absurd. may ALLAH SWT keep us from making the error of performing such foolish acts of chain letters. ameen

:wasalam:

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Important post

I receive loads of this stuff ... mostly unverified with no sources mentioned