clothing for men in islam

shariqhitman

salam walekum,
i have a query,somedays back as i was praying in mosque, i was wearing a fully black color clothing(a black color pathani/ kurta pyjama) some man told me that a sunni muslim man is not allowed to wear a fully black color clothing of any kind or his prayers not valid. he cannot offer namaz:salah: in fully black clothing.
is it true sunni muslim man should not wear a fully black color clothing ie black shirt and pant with no other color or any kind of design on it just plain black shirt and pant is it anywere in islam written or said.
please clarify this thing for me i dont know anything about this and i havent read or heard about it
and one more thing what king of clothing should muslim men wear which is according to islam.
jazakalla
allah hafiz

danyal_1992

:salam2:
I haven't read it anywhere but I know there are knowledgeable brothers and sisters here they can help you with this Inshallah
:wasalam:

nasiruyola

shariqhitman; said:
salam walekum,
i have a query,somedays back as i was praying in mosque, i was wearing a fully black color clothing(a black color pathani/ kurta pyjama) some man told me that a sunni muslim man is not allowed to wear a fully black color clothing of any kind or his prayers not valid. he cannot offer namaz:salah: in fully black clothing.
is it true sunni muslim man should not wear a fully black color clothing ie black shirt and pant with no other color or any kind of design on it just plain black shirt and pant is it anywere in islam written or said.
please clarify this thing for me i dont know anything about this and i havent read or heard about it
and one more thing what king of clothing should muslim men wear which is according to islam.
jazakalla
allah hafiz

SALAM BROTHER,
Regarding black clothes, I did not know where such is prohibited. Please ask your friend to tell you his source of information. I can remember red clothing. for now, I'm able to find the following information for you please visit the the link below to sahih ALBUKHARIY, muslim and more for details.

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 707:

Narrated Abu Burda:

Aisha brought out to us a Kisa and an Izar and said, "The Prophet died while wearing these two." (Kisa, a square black piece of woolen cloth. Izar, a sheet cloth garment covering the lower half of the body).

However regarding red clothes was able to find the traditions below for you. please read more if you can find a book with explanation including: subulassalam sharhi bulugul maram by ibn hajarul asqalaniy, dalilul faliheen sharhi riyadhussaliheen....these books will be more comprehensive in dealing with your query.

volume 7, Book 72, Number 729:

Narrated Ibn Azib:

The Prophet forbade us to use the red Mayathir and to use Al-Qassiy

also
olume 7, Book 72, Number 740:

Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet ordered us to observe seven things: To visit the sick; follow funeral processions; say 'May Allah bestow His Mercy on you', to the sneezer if he says, 'Praise be to Allah!; He forbade us to wear silk, Dibaj, Qassiy and Istibarq (various kinds of silken clothes); or to use red Mayathir (silk-cushions). (See Hadith No. 253 A, Vol. 8).

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 753:

Narrated Al-Bara' bin 'Azib:

The Prophet forbade us to use seven things: He forbade using gold rings, silk, Istabraq, Dibaj, red Mayathir, Al-Qassiy, and silver utensils. He ordered us to do seven other things. To pay a visit to the sick; to follow funeral processions; to say, "May Allah be merciful to you" to a sneezer if he says "Praise be to Allah"; to return greetings, to accept invitations; to help others to fulfil their oaths and to help the oppressed ones.

Note the prohibitions are for male only. please find out more in other books.
the hadith below is one reason why such is so:

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 733:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

that he had seen Um Kulthum, the daughter of Allah's Apostle , wearing a red silk garment.

pls visit the link below for more information from other collections:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/
and for the abpve hadiths and more:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/072.sbt.html

hop that helps