Coincidence or Sign ?

Mathieu

I live in Canada, in a society where 40% of the youth around my age (16-18) smoke cannabis and where 80% drink alcohol.

I've been educated in the way of taking and drinking alcohol properly (My Scottish ancestry) and never though that drinking alcohol would be bad or anything.

I took cannabis with my friends to be 'cool' to get a 'buzz' for around a year and I decided by myself to stop it. It's not good for you and it's useless I don't need drug to have fun. Unfortunately, my friend are still smoking a lot.

Alcohol, oh alcohol such an hypocrite beverage. In my society everybody drinks and drinking is the way to go if you wanna be somebody. But reading about Islam I said to myself, I don't think that alcohol is really necessary and said I think that I'll stop.

Well yesterday I had friends over and we were drinking, I said I don't feel like drinking tonight. They all looked confused and said to me.. You ? You Mat you're not gonna drink, haha what the hell are you becoming Musulman ? I didn't say anything but in my heart I didn't like the indirect insult thrown at Islam. So like I sheep I started to drink but I didn't drink a lot.

The conversation went from girls to religion. I love to talk about religion since I'm really versed into it. We were four, 2 atheist, 1 Christian and myself the undecided. The Christian said to me you remember the conversation you had with my dad a month ago (His dad was a Pastor) my dad said that you were thinking like a Muslim. I said to him, that's lovely, since it's exactly how I think. The Christian and I were educating the other two about religions him about Christianity me about Islam.

One of my friend began to get really interested in Islam and he said, I feel that the Muslim they're like in a cage I see them and they always have to pray five times a day, it looks boring and it's like as if they were prisoners of there faith.

I simply said to him, for the Muslim, Allah is the most important thing in their life. So if for me, the most important thing in my life is my girl friend I wouldn't mind to pray five times a day to her since I love her I would even pray more then five times a day to her.

He simply felt silent.

He kept shooting some question about Islam to me and finally said, anyways I don't believe in God I want to live my life day after day. He said I don't like the fact that Muslim don't have the right to drink alcohol. I said, I like it.

They went in the car to sleep, I went in my home, open my internet and come on this website and I go to my introduction thread and I read all the great things that everybody wrote in it and I go sleep at peace thinking about how Islam is the truth.

30 minutes after, the Christian calls me and says to me that my friend is sick and he don't want him to vomit in his car. I said, alright bring him at my door, he's gonna sleep in my bed and I'll watch him during the night, I don't want him to be intoxicated. I watch him he vomits a lot, and its painful after around an hour he stops and before going to bed I say to him, now you know why Muslim don't drink alcohol and I go away to sleep.

I think that this sentence would stay in his head for a while.

Salam,

Mathieu

mufakkir

I live in Canada, in a society where 40% of the youth around my age (16-18) smoke cannabis and where 80% drink alcohol.

I've been educated in the way of taking and drinking alcohol properly (My Scottish ancestry) and never though that drinking alcohol would be bad or anything.

I took cannabis with my friends to be 'cool' to get a 'buzz' for around a year and I decided by myself to stop it. It's not good for you and it's useless I don't need drug to have fun. Unfortunately, my friend are still smoking a lot.

Alcohol, oh alcohol such an hypocrite beverage. In my society everybody drinks and drinking is the way to go if you wanna be somebody. But reading about Islam I said to myself, I don't think that alcohol is really necessary and said I think that I'll stop.

Well yesterday I had friends over and we were drinking, I said I don't feel like drinking tonight. They all looked confused and said to me.. You ? You Mat you're not gonna drink, haha what the hell are you becoming Musulman ? I didn't say anything but in my heart I didn't like the indirect insult thrown at Islam. So like I sheep I started to drink but I didn't drink a lot.

The conversation went from girls to religion. I love to talk about religion since I'm really versed into it. We were four, 2 atheist, 1 Christian and myself the undecided. The Christian said to me you remember the conversation you had with my dad a month ago (His dad was a Pastor) my dad said that you were thinking like a Muslim. I said to him, that's lovely, since it's exactly how I think. The Christian and I were educating the other two about religions him about Christianity me about Islam.

One of my friend began to get really interested in Islam and he said, I feel that the Muslim they're like in a cage I see them and they always have to pray five times a day, it looks boring and it's like as if they were prisoners of there faith.

I simply said to him, for the Muslim, Allah is the most important thing in their life. So if for me, the most important thing in my life is my girl friend I wouldn't mind to pray five times a day to her since I love her I would even pray more then five times a day to her.

He simply felt silent.

He kept shooting some question about Islam to me and finally said, anyways I don't believe in God I want to live my life day after day. He said I don't like the fact that Muslim don't have the right to drink alcohol. I said, I like it.

They went in the car to sleep, I went in my home, open my internet and come on this website and I go to my introduction thread and I read all the great things that everybody wrote in it and I go sleep at peace thinking about how Islam is the truth.

30 minutes after, the Christian calls me and says to me that my friend is sick and he don't want him to vomit in his car. I said, alright bring him at my door, he's gonna sleep in my bed and I'll watch him during the night, I don't want him to be intoxicated. I watch him he vomits a lot, and its painful after around an hour he stops and before going to bed I say to him, now you know why Muslim don't drink alcohol and I go away to sleep.

I think that this sentence would stay in his head for a while.

Salam,

Mathieu

Wow MashaAllah, a very interesting read. It is simply your fitrah or 'natural god given disposition' that is leading you to know that alcohol is not right. May you be guided to the truth of Islam. Btw, have you heard of Maryam Jameelah? She is a revert from the USA, but her story is amazing. She too had lived her life much like a muslim even though she wasnt. Her natural islamic way of thinking eventually lead her to embracing Islam publicly. I hope the same will be the case for you?
take care.

Was Salaam

Meekaal

Thoughtful

Simple thoughtful sentences can sometimes have a profound effect. They may lead the people to think about that particular subject.

You seem interested about Islaam and to have read about it. What do you think about it?

D.Ahmed

Believer
Salaam Mathieu.

I read your story and to be you already are Muslim by heart and intention all that needs doing is proclaiming it aloud infront of witnesses, you also seem like a deep thinker already at the tender age of 17 Alhamdulillah.

I do not think that it is a coincidence infact as Muslims we believe Allah glory be to him plans everything in our life span which means everything happens for a reason so there are no coincidences, Mashallah Allah swt is guiding you to Islam and all you have to do is grasp it with both hands.

I look forward to hearing of your journey to Islam and May Allah swt guide you and make your path easy Ameen.

:wasalam:

Azizati

at first welcome to TTI and hope you enjoy your stay here. believe me I feel that here is your home and all members here are your family.
May Allah SWT guide you and hope i read soon about your first step with us; with your brothers and sisters inshallah.
we are here if you need any help

I can totally relate!

Salam Mathieu,
I can relate to your story SO much....I was always inclined to be against drinking, even though I was raised in America and around people who suggested drinking was okay...even in Church they would offer me wine at the age of 10 and I would politely ask for the grape juice instead....I strayed though from this way of thinking after awhile this society and pressure breaks us down doesn't it? I never knew about Islam, but felt inclined towards so many aspects of Islam (without even knowing it), subhan'Allah....but I did eventually drink and party during college (still pre-Islam) astagfurallah....when I met Muslims and learned that they didn't drink and I learned why, I was so intrigued because I kept thinking of young me who was opposed to drinking but I didn't have a reason why. My Mom wasn't, my church wasn't, my friends weren't etc....and then here comes this group of people telling me that alcohol wasn't initially prohibited, but because the overall effects of it aren't good, Allah made it haram, for our BENEFIT.

Now I see so many of my family members (non-muslim) dying from alcohol, literally it is poisoning their lives. And everyday I say alhamdulilah and astagfurallah (thanks be to Allah and may Allah forgive me).....

Listen to your heart young friend, your heart will continue to guide you so long as you rely on Allah (SWT).

Insha'Allah all the best to you.....remember, even the most righteous people are tested by Allah, and Allah tests those He loves the most....so stay strong and resist the shaytan. Shaytan will try and whisper in your ear until you succumb to his nasty ways....Best wishes!!

Wasalaam

salahdin

May ALLAH guide you to the straight path.

Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs.... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?"

Alphonse de LaMartaine in 'Historie de la Turquie,' Paris, 1854.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Allaicum Mathieu

Mashallah,your story is very beautiful and inpirational.SubhanAllah,you already seem and sound like a Muslim in heart because you are showing afffection and love towerd Islaam,and Mashallah it is very well to hear that you have joined to TTI. I hope Inshallah you will stay with us,and increase your knowlodge about Islaam and that Allah will guide you to accept Islaam and show you the right path.

I have red your title brother,where you wrote "Coincidence or Sign ?". I think it is not confidence but sign from Allah,because Allah guide who He wants,and I hope Inshallah Allah will reword you and help you on your way to accept Islaam soon. Ameen.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Mathieu

Greetings,

mufakkir: Fitrah ? I've never heard of that seems interesting. I've never heard of her, I'll do some research about her, thank you.

Meekaal: Thank you, I think about a lot of things, what would you like to know ? Enlight me.

D.Ahmed: Thank you, fine words said by a strong mind as I can see.

Azizati: Thanks a lot.

ousama34: Thank you I could say the same for you.

fada_all: Thanks.

sister_for_peace: Indeed our society, all the peer pressure, is it supposed to be hard ? Maybe, but not for those with a strong will. Thanks.

salahdin: Thank you, i'll try to read his book, it looks really interesting.

Asja: We're thinking alike, I think it is a Sign too. Thank you.

Salam,

Mathieu