complaints against Bible

umm hussain

ONG KONG (Reuters) - More than 800 Hong Kong residents have called on authorities to reclassify the Bible as "indecent" due to its sexual and violent content, following an uproar over a sex column in a university student journal.

A spokesperson for Hong Kong's Television and Entertainment Licensing authority (TELA) said it had received 838 complaints about the Bible by noon Wednesday.

The complaints follow the launch of an anonymous Web site -- www.truthbible.net -- which said the holy book "made one tremble" given its sexual and violent content, including rape and incest.

The Web site said the Bible's sexual content "far exceeds" that of a recent sex column published in the Chinese University's "Student Press" magazine, which had asked readers whether they'd ever fantasized about incest or bestiality.

That column was later deemed "indecent" by the Obscene Articles Tribunal, sparking a storm of debate about social morality and freedom of speech. Student editors of the journal defended it, saying open sexual debate was a basic right.

If the Bible is similarly classified as "indecent" by authorities, only those over 18 could buy the holy book and it would need to be sealed in a wrapper with a statutory warning notice.

TELA said it was still undecided on whether the Bible had violated Hong Kong's obscene and indecent articles laws.

But a local protestant minister shrugged off this possibility.

"If there is rape mentioned in the Bible, it doesn't mean it encourages those activities," said Reverend Wu Chi-wai. "It's just common sense ... I don't think that criticism will have strong support from the public," he added.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070516...indecent_dc;_ylt=AqENfvbvhkBjJAtC9icNejvtiBIF

This also reminds of some article where a person wrote verses from the bible but they were banned because it was considered *!*!*! content by judges but they withdrew their comments after it was revealed that they were actually verses from their not so Holy book

apocalypse77

no wonder christianity is often used to justify secularism and capitalism under the pretext that someone has died for your sins

www.evilbible.com is also another site to show how evil christianity is

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

What is evil is the manipulation of many, who twisted the words of the prophet of Allah to perpetuate thier own missions.

umm hussain

Hong Kong's media regulator has rejected calls to reclassify the Bible as an indecent publication following more than 2 000 complaints about its sexual and violent content, including rape and incest.

"The Bible is a religious text which is part of civilisation. It has been passed from generation to generation," Hong Kong's Television and Licensing Authority (TELA) said in a statement issued late on Thursday.

It said it would not submit the Bible to the Obscene Articles Tribunal for classification.

The regulator received 2 041 complaints against the Bible this week, following an uproar over a sex column in a student magazine that was classified as "indecent" by authorities for asking if readers had ever fantasised about incest or bestiality.

A website launched soon afterwards campaigned to have the Bible similarly classified, citing passages with sexual and violent content it claimed went beyond that of the sex column.

But TELA said in its statement the Bible "had not violated standards of morality, decency and propriety generally accepted by reasonable members of the community".

Publications classified as indecent in Hong Kong can only be bought by people aged over 18 and must be sealed in a wrapper with a statutory warning notice.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2115199,00.html

apocalypse77

Biblical *!*!*!*!ography:

"Yet she multiplied her whoredoms, in calling to remembrance the days of her youth, wherein she had played the harlot in the land of Egypt. For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses." (Ezekiel 23: 19-21)

"and lusted after her paramours there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose emission was like that of stallions." (Ezekiel 23: 21, NRSV)

Comment
The story of the sister whores, Aholah and Aholibah gives a moral lesson against the sins of the flesh. But why does God have to describe their adventures in such *!*!*!*!ographic detail? Does God love *!*!*!*!?

What parent would want their children reading verse 21 about comparing the size of men's penises to donkey genitals and the sperm flow to that of horse issues?

As any adult religious parent might believe, such lustful descriptions, if culled from secular sources, would corrupt children should they happen to read them. Should it not also corrupt children if read from the Bible?

Eat Human Feces!
"And thou shalt eat it as barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them." (Ezekiel 4:12-13)

Comment
How many good Christians today realize that their God has coprophilic tendencies?

One wonders what nutritional or moral value it would serve the people to eat human feces with their bread, as God ordered. God here has also ordered the voyeuristic operation without explanation. Although in verses 14-15 the poor Israelites complain about eating abominable flesh, God (in his "wonderful" grace) changes his mind and allows them to substitute human feces with cow feces. Gee, thanks a lot God! (as if eating cow excrement makes much of a difference). You'd think the Creator of the entire universe might have given his "chosen ones" a soufflé or a bagel or something. Please, anything better than *!*!*!*!-cakes! One might also wonder: how can an all-knowing and perfect God (but a scat-God nevertheless), change his mind?

Boil and Eat Your Son
"And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

Comment
According to the Bible, a horrible famine took place in Samaria where in desperation, the people ate whatever they could. The cannibalistic eating of a son may provide sufficient nutrition for a mother but disregards the puissant nature of humans to protect their young. Although the Bible does not explain if the son had already died or if the parent deliberately killed him for food, this dreadful example goes against human nature.

Long before bibles or written language, humans evolved as social animals that required the protection of their offspring. Only the dogmatic insistence of a belief-system could supersede the natural instincts of humans. Hopefully readers of the Bible who might one day experience a famine will not subvert their natural instinct for this kind of horrific example in Scripture. May I suggest that if you cannot control your belief to eat your children, sacrifice your priest and eat him instead; that way you gain far more protein for you and your children, and when you say grace, you'll have someone to really thank for your food.

Howl And Strip Naked
"Therefore I will wail and howl, I will go stripped and naked: I will make a wailing like the dragons, and mourning as the owls." (Micah 1:8)

Comment
The minor prophets felt influenced from Isaiah and these words of Micah indicate that he would imitate Isaiah's nudist actions as an adjunct to his prophesying.

Picture in your mind a religious man of today stripping and running around totally nude and prophesying in public, wailing and hooting at the top of his lungs. No doubt the police would snatch him up in a second while citizens stare in embarrassment. It just goes to show how far we have demeaned ourselves and our bodies as shameful.

Conclusion:

The entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption! "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

Quratulaine

Yes, the bible is a corrupted text, as it has been changed throughout the years....however i just wanted to add a link to an ahmad deedat debate with a small group of americans. it is interesting how he point out that all muslim practices (taking off shoes before entering a home, ablution before prayer, fasting etc...) are also in the bible.

:wasalam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQnfOWhuras

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamu aleikum
Is all that is from the Old Testment or Evangilie,I get always confused with this,because there are so many Bibles...even when I was Christian I didn't know who to follow and what to do,I've read the Boble once may be when I was a kid,may be not even all of it....but its first time i hear all what was described ....
wa salam