condition of acceptance of good deeds

sky_012

Assalam U Alikum

i 've a serious question about the acceptance of good deeds, because it would be bad if the good deeds of a person aren't accepted or wasted so please enlighten me on this fact i'll be thankfull to you

suppose a person have been taught all his life to do good deeds like help the others for instance

but this person don't listen and keep doing bad until he gets a punishment from Allah SWT, and encounters many diseases and problems

then he thinks of his situation and realizes why he is suffering from all these kinds of punishments and encountering so much difficulties in his social life

so he decides to start helping the others to corect his social sitaution and problems

the problem comes here and also my question

is this considered as a sincere good deed ? because in all articles sincerity and intention are mentionned as the main conditions and the most important to valid the good deed

but if the good deed is done to preserve ourselves from the society , or solve all our problems and then only when the problem are solved to pursue it for Allah SWT

please if you don't get my point , tell me i'll try to explain better

:wasalam: