Question: confused about thobes or jubbah

n_akhi

:salam:

I recently came across this website alqamees. com , it's a thobe website thet lets you design your thobe and then put your measurements to have it tailored according to your body, I wanted to order for myself but not sure about their quality:confused-55: ; has anyone ordered from them before or something.

Salam:SMILY139:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I just had to check the site, couldn't help it. And sorry if this offends you brothers, but what a disappointment! Those thobes look more like dresses... And I see every year a new type comes out. I think it was the dress-looking one like year, where it's tight at the top and flares from the waist down. Astaghfirullaah, how any "man" can stand wearing that, I do not know.

Keep your attires simple and modest, brothers. Leave the glittery and fashion-y stuff for the sister, yeah?

:wasalam:

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Not my place to comment on someone's personal preference, but I do want to ask, do you know if there is a similar alternative (website) for women?

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
I just had to check the site, couldn't help it. And sorry if this offends you brothers, but what a disappointment! Those thobes look more like dresses... And I see every year a new type comes out. I think it was the dress-looking one like year, where it's tight at the top and flares from the waist down. Astaghfirullaah, how any "man" can stand wearing that, I do not know.

Keep your attires simple and modest, brothers. Leave the glittery and fashion-y stuff for the sister, yeah?

Assalamu Alaykum ukhti,

I checked the website mentioned above but I haven't seen any glittery stuff?

Also, let's remember (as someone might misunderstand) that modesty in Islam when going out is for both men and women inshallah. The glitter is for indoors.

Another thing, there is nothing wrong if a brother wears a nice qamees mashallah unless it resembles the women dress of course. Allah is Beautiful and loves beauty. Also as the wife beautify herself for her husband (when indoors) he can wear fashion-y stuff for his wife too indoors. And Allah knows best.

Jazakillahu khayran

From ’Abdullaah Ibn Mas’ood radiAllahu ’anhu who said that the Prophet sallallahu ’alayhi wa sallam said, “No one will enter Paradise who has an atom’s weight of pride in his heart.” A man said, “What if a man likes his clothes to look good and his shoes to look good?” He said, “Allah is beautiful and loves beauty. Pride means denying the truth and looking down on people.” Related by Muslim (no. 131)

n_akhi

Not my place to comment on someone's personal preference, but I do want to ask, do you know if there is a similar alternative (website) for women?

No, I haven't come across any, only for shirts and blouse.

I understand and I am sure you mean well, but mainly the reason why i wanted shop here was so I can get a thobe of my size, which I ususaly can't get from the shop. Plus I am all for the sunnats, and turns out you can design something simple and close to sunnat.

https://www.alqamees.com/en/design-...msgTagText=Blue&msgMsgText=Black&reorder=true

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalaamu alaykkum.
Wow! They have epaulette option on the thobe. I can say goodbye to the regular uniform and wear thobe instead.

But a bit overpriced tbh.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I understand and I am sure you mean well, but mainly the reason why i wanted shop here was so I can get a thobe of my size, which I ususaly can't get from the shop. Plus I am all for the sunnats, and turns out you can design something simple and close to sunnat.

I do mean well. Was just speaking in general earlier. Alhamdulillah you could find that shop that has what you're looking for.
Inshaa'Allaah maybe some brothers will be able to help you out.

n_akhi

Assalaamu alaykkum.
Wow! They have epaulette option on the thobe. I can say goodbye to the regular uniform and wear thobe instead.

But a bit overpriced tbh.

The best part is custom measurements :redface:, and yeah at first it seems like it's pricey but if you think about it a normal aseel or daffa thobe cost around 60 - 70 Canadian dollar, whereas friom this website I got it for 55, with my design, white fabric and my OWN measurements. Only thing I am uncertain about is the quality but :inshallah: it is good .

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
The best part is custom measurements :redface:, and yeah at first it seems like it's pricey but if you think about it a normal aseel or daffa thobe cost around 60 - 70 Canadian dollar, whereas friom this website I got it for 55, with my design, white fabric and my OWN measurements. Only thing I am uncertain about is the quality but :inshallah: it is good .
Yes I liked their custom measurements too.

Hope it's of good quality in sha Allah.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
They seem very organised, that website isn't just some photos and a shopping cart, so I don't think they can sell cheap rubbish (just my opinion though). They do seem a little expensive for UK, but maybe Canada prices are different. So quality and value for money, I don't know, but as you say, getting the right measurements may be best of all. Seems nobody else knows them, there may be only one way to find out. In shaa Allah

n_akhi

Just wanted to let you guys know, I eneded up ordering and I just received my order and I must say that I am extremely impressed by the service they provided:75: . it took only a week an half from the date i ordered.
The thobe is amazing too and it is a perfect fit. I am scrawny guy, and usualy the standard thobes I wear fall of my shoulder making the sleeves longer, but this one fits me perfectly. Just to let all the brothers out here, if they are intrested, this is defintly worth your money. The stiching and fabric is amazing too, a bit pricy but worht the money. like brother Hassan said.
I can post pictures of the thobe if you guys want.:salam: